screwed up syno conversion - AnabolicMinds.com

screwed up syno conversion

1. New Member

screwed up syno conversion

I had converted the syno to powder but was trying to get sodiun t butoxide so I put it in a ziplock for a few weeks. the STB fell through so i picked up some lye. I mixed my powder with methal but it didn't seem to disolve all of it. I thought there may be too much powder so I added some acetone (I was out of methyl). The color seemed to get a little amber. There was still some undisolved matter in the botton so i ran it through a coffee filter. I then added 3 tablespoons of saturated lye and let set 24 hours. when I found it the next day it had turned very dark.
    I added water to it but it was so dark i could not get it to turn white. After playing with it for a few days I was able to retrieve 6 grams of brown powder from it but it would not disolve well in the BA. I ran it through a whatman to see what would happen and I ended up with a gold colored oil with a black heavier oil at the bottom.

So what happened?
    was it the mixing of methyl and acetone?
    I had a large volume at the beginning so I had to use a milk jug to keep the acetone/methyl/test mixture in.
    Did the solvents leech something from the plastic?

I just gave up and ordered another box of syno

2. New Member

I'm no expert on syno conversions, I screwed my last batch up myself also. I came out with a golden color after I added my Lye. But I think you forgot to filter out the binders from the crushed syno tabs. The stuff that did not dissolve was the bindings and this should be filter out thru a coffee filter. Then you should add your NaOH solution.

Probably adding the acetone with the Heet was not a good mixture. 1 Bottle of heet should dissolve 5 c I believe with no problem.

I think my next batch I will just buy a kit because I destroyed 5c of syno when I tried to make test base, which really pissed me off.

Its hard to get syno, because I'm so damn paranoid they are watching my mailbox. hehe

Similar Forum Threads

1. Fina Conversion - did I screw up?
    By callaway in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 05:31 PM
  2. Syno Screw-up! Need advice...
    By Greenguy in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-08-2004, 11:44 AM
  3. Syno Conversion Kits
    By pestilence in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1