Compounding phlojel in a blender?

superstar

Awards
I have made 3 batches of 4AD in phlojel using a mortar and pestle. Each time the paste was too gritty to apply properly so I wound up placing the paste in a clear plastic freezer bag and crushing it with the pestle over several days to make it creamy and grit-free. This has worked well but I'd love to find an alternative to spending 15 hours crushing the grits out. Could I just throw the 4AD and phlojel in a blender?

I read a post where a member felt that using an agate vs stone mortar made a huge difference. I tried using an agate mortar but didn't get a better result. Does anyone else think the type of mortar makes a big difference? Thanks.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The mortar, IMO, does not make a difference. Some powders are more difficult than others to compound because of solubility. The best thing to do, IMO is get it as fluffed as possible and use a solvent to make a paste BEFORE adding it to the PhloJel to be compounded. I have found a 1:1 ratio of powder to solvent works about right. Do not use alcohol as it dries to quickly. I would use PEG/Glycol/PEG400 as it does not evaporate. One that works even better is DMSO and it is a PE as well.

EX:

10g 4AD
10ml DMSO
80g PhloJel
100mg/ml

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
The mortar, IMO, does not make a difference. Some powders are more difficult than others to compound because of solubility. The best thing to do, IMO is get it as fluffed as possible and use a solvent to make a paste BEFORE adding it to the PhloJel to be compounded. I have found a 1:1 ratio of powder to solvent works about right. Do not use alcohol as it dries to quickly. I would use PEG/Glycol/PEG400 as it does not evaporate. One that works even better is DMSO and it is a PE as well.

EX:

10g 4AD
10ml DMSO
80g PhloJel
100mg/ml
:goodpost:
Excellent advice

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Freezer Idea sounds great to recover miscompounded product.

I wish I had heard of that Idea before I wasted 10 grams of tren base, because it was to gritty.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Freezer Idea sounds great to recover miscompounded product.

I wish I had heard of that Idea before I wasted 10 grams of tren base, because it was to gritty.
You do mean "freezer bag" idea hopefully? Phlo-jel should not be frozen. You run the risk of seperation with temperature extremes.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
You do mean "freezer bag" idea hopefully? Phlo-jel should not be frozen. You run the risk of seperation with temperature extremes.
Yea the freezer bag

Eventually I figured out a way to get the grit out but it was a pain in the ass. Every time I applied it I took .5 ml at a time and placed it between two ceramic drink coasters and ground it down, then applied with an old credit card. Unfortunatly this was pretty time consuming, but it did work.

I think the mortar a pestle falls short because it has only a small point of contact. Has anyone looked into any specialty mortar and pestels perhaps with a flat to facilitate more surface area, and thus more grinding?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Just a heads up; Tren base, D-limonene, and Phlo-jel works very well from my experience. Use the D-limonene to levigate the Tren prior to compounding with Phlo-jel. Smells good, applies well, high concentration and most importantly it was grit free. I used Tren base from 2 different suppliers, one was very fine and the other was more coarse.

Only down side was the yellowing effect from the Tren base.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Another thing that seems to reduce grittiness is allowing the powder to sit in the solvent for an extended period of time prior to compounding into the PhloJel.

"We'll compound no androgen before it's time"

superstar

Awards
Is my d-limonene safe?

First, thanks to B5150 and Jonny for your help in sharing your considerable knowledge. I will compound my next batch with a solvent. I got some d-limonene from a website in Florida. I guess it is usually used as a cleaner/degreaser. There is a warning label advising against skin contact. I know d-limonene was used in the Dermabolics transdermal formula. Did I get the wrong d-limonene (maybe industrial vs pharmaceutical) or is the warning just for large quantities? Thanks, Guys.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
First, thanks to B5150 and Jonny for your help in sharing your considerable knowledge. I will compound my next batch with a solvent. I got some d-limonene from a website in Florida. I guess it is usually used as a cleaner/degreaser. There is a warning label advising against skin contact. I know d-limonene was used in the Dermabolics transdermal formula. Did I get the wrong d-limonene (maybe industrial vs pharmaceutical) or is the warning just for large quantities? Thanks, Guys.
Most of the PE's/Solvents you will find will warn against skin contact. The intended use of a product and what it can be used for sometimes vary greatly. If you find your skin becomes excessively irritated, then by all means stop. You should switch/rotate application sites daily. I had no irritation whatsoever with the following PE's/Solvents: DMGE, DMSO, Menthol, D-limonene, DMFA, Oleic Acid.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had no irritation whatsoever with the following PE's/Solvents: DMGE, DMSO, Menthol, D-limonene, DMFA, Oleic Acid.
I have heard so many whine about DMSO and skin irritation. Never a problem even at 10% and w/1-Test.

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I have heard so many whine about DMSO and skin irritation. Never a problem even at 10% and w/1-Test.
All of these youngsters. I used to apply it before I walked to school, uphill for 5 miles in 3 feet of snow and never had any problems either.