Shoulder relief

1. Shoulder relief

I tried a couple of experiments over the last week or so. My shoulders get REALLY sore sometimes. I take cissus and it really has helped, but pain relief is needed sometimes.

I checked the molecular weight of asprin and magnesium salicylate (the active in Doans Pills) both are under 400, so I tried mixing them in Penetrate.

I know there are fillers and stuff, but it really seems to work. I got 2 grams of asprin (I used BC powder wich has some caffeine in it too) and 30ML of penetrate. It all mixed in, except for just a bit that settles to the bottom.

For the doans pills, I crushed 8 of them in a mortar, and added that to 35ML of Penetrate. thats 4.6 grams of active. 132mg/ml if my math is right.

The asprin seems to work pretty good, but the Doans Pills REALLY seem to work. It could be placebo I suppose, but my shoulder sure feels better, and thats what counts!

Maybe someone here would know a simple way to separate the active from the fillers and binders.

2. You might be able to get the same effect from something like "Aspir Creme"..it's a salicylic cream. Probably cheaper than using up your Penetrate.

Anyone try topical Celadrin yet?

3. Yea, I've got aspercream, but I was trying to make something that worked better. I probably wont make another batch though due to the cost.
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. shoulder day
    By Panther06 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-08-2003, 11:24 PM
  2. rolling shoulders when shrugging
    By lunchbox in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 06:01 PM
  3. what do you guys do for shoulder training?
    By hamper19 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 08:07 AM
  4. Shoulder Injury
    By RaulJimenez in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2003, 11:16 PM