how long before you feel it?

1. Registered User
    Answers

how long before you feel it?

I'm on day 4 of transdermal test @ 225mg/day. I don't feel anything yet - either good sides or bad sides. I was expecting a huge boner and oily skin and a superman feeling so what's up with this.

What worries me is, I'm eating like a stable of horses so if this TD doesn't work I'm gonna end up like a lardass.

(it's phlojel + syno conversion, if you're curious)

2. Gate Keeper
    Answers

Within 7-8 days you should notice some effects.
  3. Registered User
    Answers

I dunno for me, I start getting nail driving won't go down wood at night on day 3 or 4.

By day 7 I starting getting some water, nice leverage at first for pushing weight.
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Answers

Perhaps placebo, but I can feel it within the same day. My hair changes shape on the second night so higher levels of DHT are obvious. Like Triceptor said in one of his posts at the old avant forum, I can feel 4AD almost immediately if applied to the clavical area. Sort of a surge... lift, whats your application process like? Give us a few more variables and perhaps we can make it a success for you.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Grassroots082
    Perhaps placebo, but I can feel it within the same day. My hair changes shape on the second night so higher levels of DHT are obvious. Like Triceptor said in one of his posts at the old avant forum, I can feel 4AD almost immediately if applied to the clavical area. Sort of a surge... lift, whats your application process like? Give us a few more variables and perhaps we can make it a success for you.
    see, I've read many people have fast responses, like 24-48 hrs... just like yours.

I apply 3x per day @ 75mg/ml. I think this low concentration helps absorption. I've applied to: forearms, biceps, clavical, scrotum, top of feet, delts, quads and hamstrings. I apply to two places at once. For instance, this morning I applied to my left bicep and forearm.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

I'm sure you've heard it before, but I gather areas of thin skin are considered best, without hair, and dry skin areas are to be avoided.

Areas I use are

Tops of Feet
    Backs of Hands
    Inside of Forearms
    Inside of Bicep (tends to get rubbed off on to chest)
    Scrotem
    Clavicle

I wondered if there is any truth to the move the application around day to day. I think that this started with DMSO, and the fact that you needed to move it around to prevent irritation.

I've done the DMSO pretreat thing... I know the with Fina, the cough gets worse after an pretreat with DMSO, I assume it is from the increased dose?
  7. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

I'd feel 1t/4AD by day 3-4. And yeah, always a little rush after the initial application.

BV
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Answers

By the end of the first week I'm feeling it.
  9. Registered User
    Answers

well, it's day 10 and I don't feel it, but I see it. I'm up 6 pounds, but my worst fears came true: I am shedding hair like there's no tomorrow. I'm taking 5mg finas and 0.5mg dutasteride but it doesn't even seem to slow down the shedding. I'm prone to MPB and have taken these drugs before (but not at the same time). I'm surprised that this much anti-DHT drugs didn't stop the shedding. I have some spiro and eucapil on order.
  10. Gate Keeper
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by lifthardheavy
    well, it's day 10 and I don't feel it, but I see it. I'm up 6 pounds, but my worst fears came true: I am shedding hair like there's no tomorrow. I'm taking 5mg finas and 0.5mg dutasteride but it doesn't even seem to slow down the shedding. I'm prone to MPB and have taken these drugs before (but not at the same time). I'm surprised that this much anti-DHT drugs didn't stop the shedding. I have some spiro and eucapil on order.
    im glad the cylce is going well for ya but the MPB flaring up is not good. It sounds like you have to make a choice, hair and no AAS or no hair and AAS?
  11. Registered User
    Answers

I believe the two areas of thinnest skin for quickest dermal absorbtion are the eyelids, followed by the top of the head, and then the groin.
  12. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

You might be absorbing a lot more test than you anticipated. TD absorption rates can go as high as ~40%, which would mean you're getting about 630mg/week of pure test into your blood stream. That's like ~900mg/week of test cypionate, if you consider the weight of the ester!

Even if you're blocking DHT, you may be aggrevating an inflammatory response in scalp tissue just due to the hormonal fluctuations in the scalp. Do you feel any tingling/itching in your scalp?

Spiro would be a good idea, Azelaic Acid might help too, as it is supposed to block 100% of the DHT in the skin to the area that its applied. Finasteride only blocks about 30% of the DHT that ends up in scalp tissue, IIRC.

IMO you should also start on something to reduce inflammation - Nizoral shampoo (Ketoconazole), LLLT (laser brush), and it seems Emu Oil might work in this regard as well. Maybe even running cold water on your head every time you take a shower (that's a silly idea but if my hair was falling out I'd be trying everything that even remotely made sense)

Think about reducing your dosage too. In my opinion, those prone to MPB should go with the smallest effective dose possible in order to minimize negative effects on the hairline.

BV
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Even if you're blocking DHT, you may be aggrevating an inflammatory response in scalp tissue just due to the hormonal fluctuations in the scalp. Do you feel any tingling/itching in your scalp?
    I don't feel any scalp tingling. The interesting thing is I'm also prone to oily skin and acne but haven't noticed anything bad there (knock on wood!!). my shoulder acne actually went away after using the transdermal!! Maybe it was a coincidence.

Spiro would be a good idea, Azelaic Acid might help too, as it is supposed to block 100% of the DHT in the skin to the area that its applied. Finasteride only blocks about 30% of the DHT that ends up in scalp tissue, IIRC.

IMO you should also start on something to reduce inflammation - Nizoral shampoo (Ketoconazole), LLLT (laser brush)
    BV
    I have been using nizoral for 6 months, 2-3x per week. I find it to be of no use WRT hairloss. Ditto minoxidil. Finas and dutas are the only two things that have any positive effect for me.
  14. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

I have been using nizoral for 6 months, 2-3x per week. I find it to be of no use WRT hairloss. Ditto minoxidil. Finas and dutas are the only two things that have any positive effect for me.
    Sorry to hear that bro, that sucks! There are some who just dont respond to them, that's unfortunate. Well look at it this way: Big dudes look good bald

I don't feel any scalp tingling. The interesting thing is I'm also prone to oily skin and acne but haven't noticed anything bad there (knock on wood!!). my shoulder acne actually went away after using the transdermal!! Maybe it was a coincidence.
    Could be the transdermal is helping to keep your skin dry...who knows. Have you ever run test base before?

BV
  15. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    im glad the cylce is going well for ya but the MPB flaring up is not good. It sounds like you have to make a choice, hair and no anabolic steroids or no hair and anabolic steroids?
    Actually there is option 3: a cycle with a hair-friendly steroid as the base, and just enough test to replace the shutdown. I will probably try that next time. I'm not sure what the base AS would be, maybe primo or eq. (The options are limited .)
  16. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.
    Answers

I wouldn't recommend putting Test or 4AD around the groin area or scrotum. Pretty ****ing close to the prostate. Someone should put 1-Test on their eyelids, I would like to see the response

My favorite application spot = clavical/neck or elbow/bend in arm/forearm. Tops of feet never really got it done for me, but everyone is different.
  17. Registered User
    Answers

anyone who would put transdermal hormones on their eyelids is a dumbass. and please tell me you are joking about putting it on your scrotum...that is rediculous guys.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

i was using 500-600mg split into AM/PM doses. For 6 weeks. I liked it, but i dont think i got near 30% absorption. Maybe, maybe 15%. It works, thats for sure.

What type of trasdmermal are you using?
    My bad. That phylojel is the bomb, you maybe getting 30%.....My next round i think i am going that route.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Boss_K
    anyone who would put transdermal hormones on their eyelids is a dumbass. and please tell me you are joking about putting it on your scrotum...that is rediculous guys.
    These were only anecdotal comments. Not suggestions.... I think.
  20. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Boss_K
    actually there was a study done on transdermal test, and best areas for absorption were the scrotum, clavical and non-hairy part of the armpit

So no, it is not ridiculous.
  21. Registered User
    Answers

actually there was a study done on transdermal test, and best areas for absorption were the scrotum, clavical and non-hairy part of the armpit

OK, understood. However, my eyelid comment (though true) was not a suggestion.
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I put alot of my dosage around my neck area. The 4AD really seemed to kick in better. I also put it on the inner bicep, inner thighs, shins and tops of feet. I got the best hit after a shower and shaving the application areas.
  23. Registered User
    Answers

I got this nugget from the phlojel.us site. Appearently the scrotum is the prefered transdermal location. For obvious reasons I'm not walking around with phlojel on my sack for 30 minutes waiting for it to dry.

"Testoderm scrotal patches
    require shaving the scrotum and cannot be used on a patient with an underdeveloped scrotum. Lack of
    adhesion is also frequently reported.[24] The patches also offer limited opportunity for discretion and little
    dosing flexibility."...

...Even so, researchers reviewing the effects of the Testoderm scrotal patch and other nonscrotal
    patches have found few problems with prostatism....

...Alza researchers originally developed their first patch,
    Testoderm, to be applied to the shaved scrotum. They found that, compared with other skin sites, the scrotal
    skin is about five times more efficient at absorbing percutaneously applied steroids.[17,24]...

This final note (I don't think the boy will be griping about his oversized wang when he gets older):

...Inadvertent transmission of the gels could occur if the patient did not exercise
    caution in application and usage. There is now one reported case of precocious puberty in a 2-year-old boy
    whose father was using the gel on his arms and back.[42] This child had serious virilization symptoms, and
    some of them did not abate after the problem was corrected (penile size was not reversible)....
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. How long before you know it is working?
    By wikked1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-25-2013, 01:22 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 06:00 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
  4. How long before you expirenced results / sides?
    By theSCHICK in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-22-2003, 10:21 AM
  5. how long til i feel it?
    By "THE TICK" in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-04-2002, 01:23 PM