Dissposal of chemicals

1meand

Awards
What does everyone do with the used or old heet solution after they have made the test?

1meand

Awards
I tried but it burnt my throat real bad and I was sick for the next 6 days, not to mention the onset of gyno from it.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Don't worry about dumping (100 cc) down the drain. Its an alcohol. It is not going to contaiminate the water or the ground that it is put it.

It will evaporate and break down, it was destined to go into the atmosphere wether through a tailpipe of a car or down your drain, being a VOC (volitile organic compound). Would you fret the enviroment pouring a bottle of vodka or a 40 oz of skunky beer down the drain?

Alot of the concern about the chems used in home brewing is hopped up meth lab hype so local LE, can justify buying big HAZmat get ups on your tax $$$, and disposing of chems for days on end instead of getting to real work done.

The heet would have been put into a gas tank and sent into the atmospher the Cat. converter simply would accelerate the degredation process

The Lye would have been washed down the drain and dilluted, if it was used for soap or candle making, or even clearing drains duh.

The ammonia (meth) would have been sprayed on a corn field into the soil.

I mean in big quanities this stuff is an issue but in the quanities that you are using, it's not going to make a difference, unless you are Sheriff Donutchomper in BFE county Ky, and you want to pretend like you are cleaning up Chernobyl, when you find 100 ml of heet.