odorless dmso! Why don't more people use this??

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established
CEM has odorless dmso. No smell, no taste, nothing! It costs a bit but I am going to use it in the standard formula in this forum and up the dmso from 10% to 20-30%... Can't wait! 50% absorption??? I'm making up number here haha but excited.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What's your trans application going to consist of and what is a more realistic calculation? 40%?

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Are you sure about the "no taste" claim?

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You gotta rub on about 2-4ml to get the garlic taste.. My store (not VS) has 99.9% pure DMSO, it warms up on contact, and no smell/taste either.. :thumbsup:

BigMfer

BigMfer

Awards
  • Established
I love the smell, I use it for aftershave :toofunny:

Chicks dig garlic smells.

endless

endless

Awards
  • Established
I remember Patrick Arnold was asked why he did not use an odorless DMSO in his Skulpt product. If not mistaken he said the odor causing chemical was a necessary part of the DMSO to work properly. He stated that the odorless products did not give one the maximum penetration.

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I remember Patrick Arnold was asked why he did not use an odorless DMSO in his Skulpt product. If not mistaken he said the odor causing chemical was a necessary part of the DMSO to work properly. He stated that the odorless products did not give one the maximum penetration.
PA was full of crap. The odor is caused by sulfur trapped in the DMSO which is then subsequently absorbed through your skin.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
PA was full of crap. The odor is caused by sulfur trapped in the DMSO which is then subsequently absorbed through your skin.
Indeed! And if you get a really pure product, no scent.. So it's not rocket science if someone sells ultra pure DMSO, and there's no scent.. I've used 99% DMSO in a 30% distilled water blend, and that had the scent.. The pure product I use now has no scent, and is a stronger irritant than the 70/30 blend was.. ;)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what was worse on my skin - DMSO or 1-test.

Irregardless, I'm not using either one of those any more. REALLY bad skin irriation.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I didn't even know odorless DMSO was available, thanks for the heads up.

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

???

The 100% stuff is the only thing legal for human products.

from the original Skulpt posts (from PA)

"Interestingly enough, it actually is not the DMSO itself that is responsible for these nasty effects, it is impurities present in the DMSO - foul smelling and caustic sulfur containing compounds that exist in very small concentrations. Pure DMSO is actually odorless and tasteless!!

I remember seeing a study posted referring to the breakdown of DMSO itself (not impurities) as the cause of the order. Its not a far stretch to have more of the odor etc. from the lower purity stuff though.

TSC

Fastflight

Fastflight

Awards
  • Established
So why is it, that the chem-data describes DMSO (Dimethylsulfoxide), as a garlice smelling solvent?

Sure, that the no-smell `DMSO´ isn´t something completely differnt, that´s riding the DMSO hype?

fulforb

My wife can smell DMSO on me for days after use and hates it so I have had to quit it again. Don't want to spend the money to find out she can still smell it.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
CEM has odorless dmso. No smell, no taste, nothing! It costs a bit but I am going to use it in the standard formula in this forum and up the dmso from 10% to 20-30%... Can't wait! 50% absorption??? I'm making up number here haha but excited.
there is a limit to how high the %. Basically the larger the sustance the less of it can go through regardless of the carrior. You will never get above a % given a certain MW. Chemistry in action.

in other words using pure DMSO is only going to get you slightly better then most transdermal agents. sometimes even less as some have items that promote absorptions via "opening the skin"

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So why is it, that the chem-data describes DMSO (Dimethylsulfoxide), as a garlice smelling solvent?

Sure, that the no-smell `DMSO´ isn´t something completely differnt, that´s riding the DMSO hype?
Did you ever put lemon juice on your fish? Fish starts to stink due to a build up of a basic (pH > 7) compound, whose name escapes me at the moment. Lemon juice, having a low pH from all the citric and ascorbic acids in it, will neutralize this odor causing base.

Though I doubt it's a matter of pH, I'm pretty sure that something was added to these preparations of DMSO in order to neutralize the stank.

fatsuperman

fatsuperman

Awards
  • Established
Ordorless or not DMSO still iritates the Heck out of most people's skin including mine.