transdermal longjack100

2slow

Awards
was thinking about picking some of this up from BAC, and was wondering if anyone has tried to put this into a transdermal carrier. i searched the net but couldnt find the molecular weight for this. anyone have any insight. TIA

I

imichael

Board Supporter
Awards
I don't know the molecular weight, but thuis stuff is a deep brown colour and absorbs available moisture.

It's probably not going to look pretty, even if it does work. Could double up as a self tanner?

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Some people have had issues with longjacj irritating or causing gyno.

Just something to be aware off.

2slow

Awards
Some people have had issues with longjacj irritating or causing gyno.

Just something to be aware off.
looking around on here i seen a few people talk about that. id probably run it alongside 6-oxo and if need be some ATD

2slow

Awards
when searching around i found this article. it says at least one substrate of longjack has poor bioavailability. i gues its just one more reason to try and see if this could be effecitve as a transdermal.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Bioavailability and Pharmacokinetic Studies of Eurycomanone from Eurycoma longifolia</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>Bin-Seng Low<SUP>1</SUP>, Bee-Hong Ng<SUP>1</SUP>, Wai-Peng Choy<SUP>1</SUP>, Kah-Hay Yuen<SUP>1</SUP>, Kit-Lam Chan<SUP>1</SUP></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><SUP>1</SUP> School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Abstract

A validated HPLC analysis of eurycomanone (1), a bioactive quassinoid, in rat plasma following oral and intravenous administration of Eurycoma longifolia Jack extract was developed for pharmacokinetic and bioavailability studies. Relatively high plasma eurycomanone concentrations were detected after an intravenous injection of 10 mg/kg extract F2 containing 1.96 mg/kg of the quassinoid. However, it declined rapidly to zero after 8 h. Its mean elimination rate constant (k<SUB>e</SUB>), biological half-life (t<SUB>1/2</SUB>), volume of distribution (V<SUB>d</SUB>) and clearance (CL) were 0.88 ± 0.19 h<SUP>-1</SUP>, 1.00 ± 0.26 h, 0.68 ± 0.30 L/kg and 0.39 ± 0.08 L/h/kg, respectively. Following oral administration of eurycomanone, its C<SUB>max</SUB> and T<SUB>max</SUB> values were detected as 0.33 ± 0.03 μg/mL and 4.40 ± 0.98 h, respectively. The plasma concentration of the quassinoid after oral administration was much lower than after intravenous application in spite of the oral dose being 5 times higher. The results indicate that eurycomanone is poorly bioavailable when given orally. A comparison of the AUC<SUB>0→∞</SUB> obtained orally to that obtained after an intravenous administration (normalized for dose differences) revealed that the absolute bioavailability of the compound was low with 10.5 %. Furthermore, the compound appeared to be well distributed in the extravascular fluids because of its relatively high V<SUB>d</SUB> value. The poor oral bioavailability was not attributed to instability problems because eurycomanone has been shown to be stable under different pH conditions. Thus, its poor oral bioavailability may be due to poor membrane permeability in view of its low P value and/or high first-pass metabolism.
Key words

D

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm betting the MW of it is rather high, but I don't know. Most herbals have too large of a MW.

This is why they have super extracts up to 100:1