Alternative Transdermal Approach

1. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.96%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Alternative Transdermal Approach

Assume: (1) One wanted to use a relative cheap hormone (like "regular" DHEA) in a transdermal application, and since the hormone is cheap, (2) It might be nice to have an equally cheap transdermal carrier, even at the expense (to some extent) of efficacy.

Question: Would something like the sanitizing hand cleaner gel (available at Dollar Tree for (guess?), $1.00) work as an apprporiate carrier? Many of the ingredianmts seem consistemnt with those in trandermal carriers, although there isn't anyway of telling what respective % of each ingrediant. Could this be made to work by adding DMSO?

Would this appear to work "sufficiently" (whatever that means) or is it a well intended - but off the mark thought (penny wise, dollar foolish)?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  252 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.37%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I'm pretty sure the hand santizers would not work as they're not meant to penetrate the skin, only kill the germs on it.

Adding DMSO would work, but I'm not sure you'd want all the ingredients in the santizer in your body. The santizer I'm looking at here in my office has ethyl alcohol in it...can't be a good thing to have in your blood stream.
  3. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.96%

Does it appear that there may be other suitable/cost-effective commercial products that can be used/adapted for this type of use?
    •   

4. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.23%

Get some Penetrate. It's fairly inexpensive, easy to work with, and it does the job. By the way, DMSO smells like garlic
    Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for life. Lao Tse 6th century BC
  5. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.1%

that post got me thinking about abrew I made up basicly I took a gram of 7 keto from capsuls and mixed it with goldbond deep penatrating lotion but then I remembered I had some chizeled[alri]left so now Im using both together and Im reading some of the ingredients in the goldbonds like[dimethicone,petrolatum,distear yldimonium chloride,methl gluceth,EDTA\]just to name a few.So the DMSO in the chizeled is putting all this in my blood right?gee Im not feeling so good .If I take the rest of the 7keto and and add it to the chizeled that should work right?
  6. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.96%

I have some Penetrate, so my question was more for curiosity than for need. I just find this all very interesting.
  7. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    46.84%

Quote Originally Posted by Beau
    I have some Penetrate, so my question was more for curiosity than for need. I just find this all very interesting.
    Don't use hand sanitizer. Remember what your investing in here. When it comes to putting foreign compounds in your body you don't want to go cheap.
  8. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.96%

OK, and points well taken. Remember, I'm not advocating the "on the cheap approach" - just curious if it could be done, and in a way that makes sense. Sounds as if the answer is "no".

Similar Forum Threads

1. alternatives to transdermals
    By thegameoflife in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-19-2004, 12:22 AM
  2. stack with m-1-t... alternative to a transdermal?
    By houseman in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2004, 12:59 AM
  3. recipe for transdermal fina?
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 10:35 PM
  4. transdermals, sex and bed - question?
    By xcreed in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 11:12 PM
  5. Test ENTH as a transdermal
    By Judo Tom in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 01:47 PM