T-HEAT (Yohimbine homebrew) Summary and further discusion!

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Sorry for not posting any results with this. I quit after a week or two. I really didn't get it into solution very well. It kept clumping up on me. I reheated many times.

Bottom line is that I wasn't sure I mixed it right. I didn't want to give out any false results, so I halted. I am doing a 1-test/4AD combo right now. Will cut again after this cycle, so am willing to try again. I just need to figure out what I did wrong with the mix.

2. Mine clumped as well. I would just mix before putting on..TTY
    •   

3. Originally posted by curt2go
    Mine clumped as well. I would just mix before putting on..TTY
    The clumping is just the carbomer lossing it's gelling action. The other components have thrown the solution out of the proper ph range, most likely. That'd be my guess at least w/out further information.

**You could try to adjust the ph, but at this point might be a finicky process**

On another note, you could get pure aloe vera liquid and just brew up a spray instead of a gel and it'd probably be even better - and no clumps. A spray would be somewhat more difficult to apply to 'fine' areas over the body though...pick your poison!

4. Crabomer???? There is not carbomer in the homebrew recipe...  The aloe is enough to gel it.. I did not use carbomer so that was not the problem.. I found the ingredients would separate and the yom would come out of solution. But They would all mix up easily before use.. No residue would be left on the skin.. TTY

5. carbomer isn't an ingredient in the aloe vera gel, you sure???? oppsie Is aloe vera capable of gelling on its own? I would think you'd have to use some sort of gelling agent to obtain the aloe vera gel...
    •   

6. Yeah, I just used the aloe liquid. I probably need a better step-by-step process before I do it next time. I'm an engineer, but not a chemical one, so I need some hand holding.

But my 1-test/4AD 1st BDC homebrew is going very well. I am on my 10th day and have put on about 5 pounds and the strength is starting to kick in. I am at 189 lbs and just benched 355 pretty easy. I am also 6 foot tall, so I am tall and thin instead of your "short and thick" big benchers.

7. if the problem is the various ingredients "separating" it might be useful to purchase ps-20 (strong emulsifying agent). This should ensure a homogenous solution. It doesn't take much to do the trick either...few mls is all.

ps-20 could also be of use in your homebrew ph/ps gels/sprays to ensure stability of ingredients..

8. Originally posted by chosen5
    if the problem is the various ingredients "separating" it might be useful to purchase ps-20 (strong emulsifying agent). This should ensure a homogenous solution. It doesn't take much to do the trick either...few mls is all.

ps-20 could also be of use in your homebrew ph/ps gels/sprays to ensure stability of ingredients..
    Bump on the ps-20, mine should be here today. I was having problem with the seperation, one bottle, a customer shook up and immediately it'd seperate so there was no way to get it to stay mixed for longer than a second. I'll add ps-20 to all future bottles, but going with a gel now instead of a spray.

9. Sorry Cosen . I thought you meant adding extra carbomer. hhehe .. Yes it hinders that mixing fact... TTY

10. Alright, I have to place another order from some stuff from 1fast400. My wife wants to try the Yohimbe cream. I would like to just get some more powder and try to mix it up, but since I screwed it up last time, I'm not sure I can do it right. Anyone had success mixing this up themselves?? If so, would you be so kind as to post a step-by-step process. I'm sure some things have changed. I may order some pre-made lotion as a back-up for her, but I would really like to learn to make this on my own.

Thanks for all the help!!

11. Originally posted by gtechman
    Alright, I have to place another order from some stuff from 1fast400. My wife wants to try the Yohimbe cream. I would like to just get some more powder and try to mix it up, but since I screwed it up last time, I'm not sure I can do it right. Anyone had success mixing this up themselves?? If so, would you be so kind as to post a step-by-step process. I'm sure some things have changed. I may order some pre-made lotion as a back-up for her, but I would really like to learn to make this on my own.

Thanks for all the help!!
    Original instructions were
    55% Aloe Gel (100%)
    25% water
    8% menthol solution
    10% PG
    2% DMSO(Cause i like DMSO heheh )
    Y-hcl 3.5g 1 month supply

I couldn't get that to work as i was using 6g of yohim per 240ml, the solution kept screwing up and the yoh wouldn't stay mixed, so here's what i did :

Take two identical bottles that you know what the spray volume is.
    With a accurate syringe, fill one with water till its 240ml. Mark the line on the bottle at that point. Now :

6g Y-hcl in unmarked bottle
    Add 20ml of iso/menthol combo
    Add 5ml of dmso
    Add 24ml of pg
    Add 40ml IPM
    Put bottle in hot water to help dissolve the yohimbine.
    Fill bottle to 240ml line with aloe gel.
    Heat the bottle to liquify the aloe and you now have a spray that will keep the yohim dissolved and non clumpy. There is no water in this as i found that to cause all the clumping probs.
    For the iso/menthol combo, i took 100ml of iso and dumped 66g of menthol in it and heated till crystals were dissolved.
    Last edited by Kitchen Chemist; 07-30-2003 at 01:20 AM.

12. Thanks KC!!

I will give this a try. I have the premade lotion in and she will start on it next week. I have some Y-hcl now also and will mix up a batch soon. Anymore tweaks to the formula are greatly appreciated.

13. Hey, I tried the mix your way, KC. It did not clump up as bad as before, but it is not in total solution either. My mix looks milky. I am currently using it, but I do see tiny clumps in it. Since it is not in total solution, did I screw it up again??

Thanks!!

14. Hmm, i have no idea, mine turned out perfect. Did you follow exact steps? It should be milky, mine is completely white when shaken. I've made clumpy batches before aswell, you may have not let the stuff dissolve long enough in hot water.

15. Yes, my solution is milky. It's not really clumpy, but not in total solution either. I can see small particles floating around and get some white specs out sometimes when I squirt it out. I make sure to rub those in extra hard though.

Yeah, I heated the bottle in both steps. I'll still try it. I have my wife trying a premixed bottle that I bought at the same time. We are on the same diet so I figure it would be a pretty good test comparison. Only difference is the male/female thing and that I am on ALCAR and r-ALA and she is not. Hope to see some results in 2 to 3 weeks.

16. Yeah bro, you should be fine with that, i don't heat the bottle once i add the aloe gel, it'll be thick for about 5 hours but will thin out and be a nice lotion, not too thick, not to thin. Good luck with your dieting!

17. yeah...and shake the piss out of it... that helps

18. Well, I reheated my bottle and noticed something. The flakes in the bottle are kind of rubbery feeling. Makes me wonder if the aloe solidified somewhat.

The aloe I added was a liquid aloe. Maybe I'll use a gel next time. My mix has been liquid all throughout the process.

19. That's your prob then, i tried liquid aloe a couple days ago and it's ****. Use aloe gel 99% at walmart (clear stuff) and follow my exact steps and it should turn out perfect!

20. Damn, just realized that i didn't add ipm to that recipe, i edited it now. Sorry bro

21. Oh well, I will keep working with what I have got right now. I will order some more powder later and try it with the aloe gel. I forgot which one was missing. Was it the IPM or the PG?? I don't believe either would change the wierd flakes I am having.

Would it be a good idea to try to a the new ingredient to the mix I am currently using?

Thanks!!

22. I think the ipm would make a difference, i think chemo said ipm is a great solvent for yohimbine. Just so you know, i tried another bottle last night for the sake of this thread, added 6g yohim, 20ml iso combo, doubled the dmso (also a awesome solven, 10ml total), 24ml pg and 40ml IPM. Put in hot water for 15 min, took out and shook for a min then put in new hot water for another 15min. Added aloe to 240ml mark and it turned out perfect once again. Think i got it down pat, give it another whirl.

23. Originally posted by Kitchen Chemist
    I think the ipm would make a difference, i think chemo said ipm is a great solvent for yohimbine.
    Isopropyl Myristate (IPM) is an oil and Yohimbine (YOM) is a water soluble compound, so IPM would NOT be best suited as the solvent.  The IPM in this brew is used as a PE in that it will moisturize the skin and allow the YOM to more easily penetrate the Stratus Corneum and reach the Adipose tissue.

24. Despite the fact that it is water soluable, in the real world everyone has bitched about trying to get Y to dissolve. I remember talking to chemo when he was working on the formula. It took alot of work to get that sucker to hold...

25. Alright, finished up a few weeks of this mix. I used it on my abs while following a low-carb diet. I definantly saw good results. The reason I believe it worked is because I saw much more fat loss in my abs than in my love handles. That is the only place that I really carry any fat at all right now.

I will wait a couple of weeks and try it on the handles next. I plan on mixing up a new brew with some of KC's tweaks though.

26. Let us know how it goes bro!

27. Following the protocol for the 240 ml and 6 grams of yhcl how many ml/cc is suitable to apply topically per day?

28. you guys ever heard of helios

clen and y-hcl injections

good stuff
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html

29. Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    you guys ever heard of helios

clen and y-hcl injections

good stuff
    i read about it years back did you used it?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ECA-yohimbine hcl, gte and CAMP stack??
    By Jsouth in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2007, 05:54 PM
  2. Heat and transdermals?
    By DieTrying in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 11:07 PM
  3. t-heat and t1-pro......
    By curt2go in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-22-2003, 12:40 PM
  4. Homebrew Deca and EQ