T-HEAT (Yohimbine homebrew) Summary and further discusion!

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I will be updating this soon. The other thread got a little to confusing. So i will summarize it here and we can keep the discusion going.. Please feel free to let us know your experiences with it also in here. Talk to ya...

[EDIT: ADDED THE ARCHIVE PDF FILE OF THE ORIGINAL THREAD]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
 You take 500g menthol USP disolve it in 750ml of ISO and you get 75% solution menthol.....

OR disolve 66g of Menthol USP in 100ml of ISO to get 75% solution.
 This would take the place of the cornmint oil. menthol crytals are more redily avalibe and cheaper I think. And here is why....

55% Aloe Gel WAS 48% aloe gel (100%)
25% water
8% menthol solution WAS 15% menthol(in alcohol)
10% PG
2% DMSO(Cause i like DMSO heheh )
Y-hcl 3.5g 1 month supply

I have found that the 15% menthol solution was a bit much. I have cut it down to 8% and added the 7% to the Aloe gel... Hope this does not screw anyone up.. The 15% won't hurt you but it was just too mentholly... :)

This recipe does mix very well and has a very gelly consistancy and absorbs very quickly. the smell of menthol goes away afetr about 10 mins but it clears your sinuses... Talk to ya...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Curt,
I have a bad reaction to the ingestion of Yohimbine. Would I be ok using this? Does it ever make it to the bloodstream, or just react in the fat?

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone tried this yet. And has anyone tried the UCP-1 from the bdc store. I know it's in it's beta stage right now I'm just wondering on how it's going.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by dsade
Curt,
I have a bad reaction to the ingestion of Yohimbine. Would I be ok using this? Does it ever make it to the bloodstream, or just react in the fat?
It is designed not to get into the bloodstream. If you are really woried get rid of the DMSO and add the 2% to the aloe gel... Should be fine... Talk to ya...

BigAl

Awards
bro, i figured i'd move this over here to the cleaner thread...

i did some lookin' up and came up with some resources and pricing...i was basing on what the minimum i had to buy to make a 240ml batch....i opted to show the lower pricing, not taking in account shipping or getting from one source if possible...some guys may have some ingredients already...here they are with links and price/qty:

aloe gel .... $6.25/qt
Isopropyl Alcohol - 99 percent.... $10.00/qt
http://www.lemelange.com/oil_liquid_cream_wax_a_-_b.htm

menthol crystals....$4.49/oz
http://www.theeyeofnewt.com/store/html/items/SPECIALTY_PRODUCT_Menthol_Crystals.asp

propylene glycol.... $8.49/8oz
http://www.theeyeofnewt.com/store/html/items/SPECIALTY_CHEMICAL_Propylene_Glycol.asp

DMSO .... $9.95/pt
http://www.vetamerica.com/dmso997pur1p.html

YOHIMBINE HCL .... $9.95/per 3g
http://kilosports.com/productdesc.cfm?ProductName=YOHIMBINE%20HCL

hope this helps out some...i've ordered my goodies and will give it a try...

:D al

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
OK...we have the ingredients down so now let me play devil's advocate for a minute.

• Why was each ingredient chosen? What is the purpose of having it included?
  • Do we have references to support localized delivery versus systemic?
  • How does the recipe deliver locally and bypass the vascular plexus (mechanism of action)?
After we answer these questions the work will be 90% done. Good luck gentlemen...and I look forward to working with each of you on this project.

Chemo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I was getting to all that chemo. hehehehe. Actually i was trying not to have to write all that. I'm lazy... I will do it.. talk to ya...

BigAl

Awards
thanks shadow......i just edited my post so it works now as well, don't know what went wrong, just recopied and pasted....oh well, thanks for the help....al

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I guess when we pick the ingredients we must know why. This is because most people like to know why they are rubbing this stuff on and what it’s going to do… Knowing that we must start with knowing if Yom-hcl is hydrophilic or hydrophobic. Water loving or water hating…

<>
Hydrophilic
Water loving. Compounds of this type are attracted to water. Normally they are either charged or have polar side groups that attract water to them.
<>
Knowing thins aspect of Yom-hcl we will chose ingredients that are water based or “skin wetting” to get the Yom-hcl through the SC into the fatty deposits. One thing we have to avoid mostly is getting the Yom-hcl into the blood stream. Yes Yom-hcl will do well in the e blood stream for fat loss but it will not be localized, as this is what we are trying to achieve with this product.
Since the Yom-hcl is water loving and water passes through the SC VERY easy because the SC has allot of water contained in it, if we can get the Yom-hcl into a water based gel the Yom-hcl will get to where we want to deliver it.
One other thing why we choose ingredients that we do is also because of price. We want the average Joe with some love handles or some hard to get off flab from their guts to be able to make this stuff…. Like me J

Ingredient #1 Aloe Vera Gel(99%)      50%
The Aloe-Vera gel consists of 96 % water. But the secret lies in its high portion of natural nutrients and vital substances. The nutritious ingredients of Aloe Vera can be divided into the following groups:
Vitamins
It is rich in most vitamins like Vitamin D, A (the antioxidant beta-carotene), C and E and even traces of B12, one of the very few plant sources of this vitamin.

Enzymes
Several of these biochemical catalysts aid digestion by breaking down fat and sugars when taken orally. The Aloe Vera contains Lipases and proteases which break down foods and aid digestion.
It also contains bradykinase, which helps to reduce excessive inflammation and pain when applied to the skin.

Minerals
Aloe Vera contains more than 20 minerals, like Calcium, Sodium, Potassium, Manganese, Magnesium, Copper, Zinc, Chromium and the anti-oxidant Selenium.
Even though minerals and trace elements are only needed in very small quantities, they are essential for the proper functioning of various enzyme systems in different metabolic pathways.

Salicylic acid
It is anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties.

Sugars
Known as mucopolysaccharides, they enhance the immune system and help to detoxify. In topical preparations, the sugars are also the main moisturisers.

Anthraquinones
There are twelve of these Phenolic compounds which are found exclusive in the plant sap. In small quantities, they aid absorption from the gastro-intestinal tract and have anti-microbial and pain killing effects. The important ones are the painkillers Aloin and Emodin. They also are anti-bacterial and anti-viral.

Lignin
It gives Aloe Vera a singular penetrative effect so the other ingredients are absorbed into the skin.

Saponins
They have cleansing, and antiseptic properties, acting powerfully against bacteria, viruses, fungi and yeasts.

Fatty Acids
Cholesterol, Campesterol, ß.Sisosterol and Jupeol. These four plant steroids found in Aloe Vera are important anti-inflammatory agents.

Amino acids
The body needs 22 amino acids - our Aloe Vera gel provides 20 of these. More importantly, it provides 7 out of the 8 essential amino acids which the body itself cannot synthesise.
Seeing all these thing isn the aloe gel and knowing it is 96% water makes it a very good ingredient to get the Yom-hcl through the SC…Also the GEL of the gel make this product have a good consistency thin enough to spray through a spray bottle or pumped through a pump bottle.

Ingredient #2 Water 25%
Since Yom-hcl is hydrophilic it likes water and water absorbs VERY good through the SC.

Ingredient #3 Propylene Glycol 10%
PG this stuff is oily. What it does is keeps the moisture from leaving the skin. The more moisture the easier it is for the Yom-hcl to penetrate...

Ingredient #4 Menthol(75% solution) 15%

We have gone through (above) to make the 75% solution. So we won’t go over that again. But here is why we use menthol in the solution.

Menthol derivatives as potential skin penetration enhancers Studies showed that the permeation enhancing effect of l-menthol is significantly high with short lag time (12). The promoting activity of the ethyl ether derivative of Menthol is the greatest of all menthol derivatives. Studies showed that it is the most promising compound which has the greatest action and relatively low skin irritancy (13,14). A study has been made to elucidate the mechanism of skin permeation enhancement and it was concluded that the increase in skin flux, to eight times the base line, could be attributed to the effect of menthol on the skin barrier properties (15). The mechanism of permeation enhancement of menthol has been studied by some other investigators and they concluded that it could involve its distribution preferentially into the intercellular spaces of stratum corneum and the possible reversible disruption of the intercellular lipid domain. They suggested the use of menthol as effective penetration enhancer (16).
As you can see menthol is a good penetrator. Making it like this also is very cheap. Which is good. Also the ISO used to make the menthol solution is good for dissolving the Yom-hcl into the solution.

Taking into to account all of this info I do feel this recipe is good, cheap and effective.

Now I am sure Chemo will go through a little more of the chemistry side of things (maybe) but that’s not my forte… Give me some electronics. Now were talking. hehehe J Have fun with it…. Talk to ya…

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does camphor compare to menthol in penetration effectiveness? I notice a lot of the "soothing balms" designed to penetrate into the muscle contains Camphor as well as (but more than) menthol..

Sammy Jankis

Awards
On the menthol I have 60% ISO is that good enough to get it to dissolve?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I remember Sammy Jankis...Memento, great movie.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
No you will have to use 99% for the formula to be correct. Sorry. Talk to ya...

I have not looked into camphor. But from a financial standpoint I don't think we can get it cheaper thatn this menthol mix... Talk to ya

Look into it and see.... And let us know..

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure of the overall effectiveness of the camphor as a penetration enhancer as compared to Menthol, but they have synthetic camphor at the drugstore here (pure, 2 x 2 x 1/2 inch solid) for $2.

Also, have you looked into Urea as a possible benefit to this formula?

http://www.tu-bs.de/institute/pharmtech/forschung/publikation/muegoy/GSchicksnusFlorenz0204.pdf

www.fleshandbones.com/readingroom/pdf/279.pdf

These two (the first sucks, but gets the point across. The second is a pain in the ass, but at the bottom of "page 521" it talks about penetration enhancers and seems to regard Urea quite highly) are what I stumbled across researching Camphor.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Looks like camphor is more a a diuretic from what I can see. Might be good to go along with the water retention on yom... Talk to ya

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
&nbsp;You take 500g menthol USP disolve it in 750ml of ISO and you get 75% solution menthol.....

OR disolve 66g of Menthol USP in 100ml of ISO to get 75% solution.
&nbsp;This would take the place of the cornmint oil. menthol crytals are more redily avalibe and cheaper I think. And here is why....

48% aloe gel (100%)
25% water
15% menthol(in alcohol)
10% PG
2% DMSO(Cause i like DMSO heheh )
Y-hcl 3.5g&nbsp;1 month supply

This recipe does mix very well and has a very gelly consistancy and absorbs very quickly. the smell of menthol goes away afetr about 10 mins but it clears your sinuses... Talk to ya...
Wouldn't 66g in 100ml be 66% ?

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Nevermind i figured it out. 500g in 750ml is equal to 66%.

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm confused. What'd you figure out Kitchen Chemist? 500g in 750mL is 66% solution and the recipe calls for 75% solution.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
You bros are making it more hard than it should be.

Why not just say, "Throw 10 grams of menthol crystals in the bottle"???

I can hash it out for everyone how to figure a mass/mass, volume/volume, or even a mass/volume percentage but the easier path for everyone is to distill it down to a simpler form.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
The reason you can't just throw it in is because the menthol does not disolve in water. I found you had to make the ISO menthol solution first...

PS... Hey mike we were already thinking that. Its a little too mentholly...
I wanted to see a little feedback first though... By the way why do you think we should back down the menthol.. Are you brewing some of this up yourself. Cause thats the only way you would know!!!! Talk to ya

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by 1Fast400

Understanding transdermal delivery more than the average bear helps too :)
Why do you think its too much? Remember the menthol solution is a 75% solution so with 15% added is actually only 11.25% of menthol(100%) ..The only standpoint I see for taking it down would be the smell and maybe the cost. Caus the menthol is the most expensive part...  Talk to ya

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone know what the average dosage is of aminophylline for diuretic purposes? I've been searching for this info for a while and had no luck. I can find dosage for asthmatic people, but probably WAYYY too much for this purpose...

WYD

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
well, I just thought I'd point out, to any who want to do this, that our friends at www.lemelange.com have added menthol crystals to their website, and at $25/lb, it's an awesome deal, as compared to $61.49/lb at www.theeyeofnewt.com

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Yeah lemelange has a good price for you U.S. bros, i'm gonna get some from curt for now but i'd order from them next time!

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Chemo works pretty closely with Lemelange to make sure they have everything we need. Talk to ya

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Where di you ask? Talk to ya

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Bastard... I RECON your last post was suposed to be funny ... :) TTY

Now thats funny.. hehehe

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Did I spell that right Chemo? Talk to ya

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Actually, its reckon...get it right... :D

TALK TO YA(insert 3 periods here)

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
His post is a good one...but I would not limit my choice of PE to just aloe gel. In the case of Yo I will venture out and say that IPM is a better solvent than any other ingredient in the recipe. I still have to run a few more trials but will most likely include some PEG-400 in the mix (in the 3-5% range) just for this purpose.

Chemo

BTW, I have 10 beta bottles of T-HEAT [BETA] if anyone is interested. Contact whosyourdaddy02 to arrange for shipment. These bottles are 240 mL containing 5 grams of yohimbine.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
What exactly is PEG 400? Always thought PEG was Prop Glycol but 400?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
i DO BELIEVE ITS POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL.. tALK TO YA.

Bryan

Awards
I received my T-heat and will start using it next week so I'll everybody posted as I progress through the bottle.

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Kitchen Chemist
What exactly is PEG 400? Always thought PEG was Prop Glycol but 400?
PEG is Poly Ethylene Glycol and the number is the weight.  For best solvation the weight should coorespond closely to the weight of the specie being dissolved.  I've asked Melissa (http://lemelange.com) to carry the 400 weight so that it can be used for not only yohimbine but also most diol prohormones (4-AD, nordiol, etc.) for regular transdermals.

Best used in the 2.5-5% range.

Chemo

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Thanks chemo, i got you pm about it too.

Andy2k

Awards
No responses on the aminophylline dosage?
Try here (PDF) page 2:
PDF link

Here is another link to a research article, but this is only the abstract:
abstract
This is where the article came from:
Brater DC, Kaojarern S, Chennavasin P. Pharmacodynamics of the diuretic effects of aminophylline and acetazolamide alone and combined with furosemide in normal subjects. J Pharmacol EXP Ther 1983;227:92-7
Another one, this time a study done on children:
another link

gtechman

Awards
Been lurking for a while. Have all ingredients for ph spray and this fat burning solution. I am interested in trying out a batch, but have a pretty stupid question. I have my menthol crystals for my mix, but not sure how to measure out grams. No scale. Could someone answer this silly question for me.

I will be trying the mixture listed earlier. I have a pretty low bodyfat and just want to remove the love handles. I will post results it will help.

Thanks in advance for the help and I really appreciate all the knowledge you guys are sharing.

Kitchen Chemist

Awards
  • Established
Scale is the only way bro, you can pick one up for like $30 on ebay.