Made a mistake need help!!

N

Nikdawg

Awards
Alright i had 50g of bold base and 50g of test base. Im gettin ready to start my test cycle, and when i put the powders into air tight bags a few weeks ago, i failed to label them (stupid mistake, i wasnt thinking) , is there any way to tell the difference between the two compounds, I dont want to mix up what i think is test with the phlo and have it end up being bold. what can i do, or am i screwed!! Thanks guys!!!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Alright i had 50g of bold base and 50g of test base. Im gettin ready to start my test cycle, and when i put the powders into air tight bags a few weeks ago, i failed to label them (stupid mistake, i wasnt thinking) , is there any way to tell the difference between the two compounds, I dont want to mix up what i think is test with the phlo and have it end up being bold. what can i do, or am i screwed!! Thanks guys!!!
You could just run a 50/50 stack. Those two are awesome together. Or just weigh them. Molecular weight of Bold is 286.4132 and Test is 288.424.
Weight an equal volume of each, the heavier would be the Test.

N

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
Well the best way to tell is to do a melting point test. I would imagine you did this when you first received them to make sure you got what you ordered. If not they are easy to do. I can elaborate if necessary.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Bold Base tends to be more grainy and test base has a lighter texture. Basically bold base is more like sugar and test base is more like flour.

N

Nikdawg

Awards
alright i got it figured out, thanks for the replies guys. My buddy had test base and bold as well, and your right test base is much lighter and is much more like flour. So i made my batch last night, i hope i did everything right. Momod helped me out with a recipe and some good instructions. I took:
16gms of test base
7 gms olive oil
57 gms phlogel

80gm batch

I am applying a gram a night, so each gram of compound should yeild 200mg test base, which will give me 1400mgs a week, since were not sure on absorption rate i'm hoping i'll get around 500mg a week.
A couple of questions: Best time to apply compound?
Best area on the body to apply compound?
and i read that you should shower and prep the area with Iso A first, is this true? thanks guys! Let me know if i need to change anything! I'm going to add the bold after week a few weeks, followed by 6 weeks of var 60mg ed. thanks guys!

N

Nikdawg

Awards
Well the best way to tell is to do a melting point test. I would imagine you did this when you first received them to make sure you got what you ordered. If not they are easy to do. I can elaborate if necessary.
No i did not do a meltig point test, i guess i just had faith in my source. But yes please elaborate on how i can do this, so i can test the remaining powder. Guess its too late i already started, but i woudl like to do it any way. Thanks!!!

N

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
The way that I use is a capillary tube melting point test. It is certainly not the most accurate, but it will give you a good understanding of ID of a powder and even its purity if you are interested. Its cheap and easy but tt can make your BP read a little high due to the smallness of the sample, but not by much for our purposes.

Get a decent thermometer, one that has a fairly good range on it (mine goes to 360 degrees celcius if I remember correctly). You can find all kinds of them on ebay for about $10.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7556904819&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

Next get some one ended capillary tubes at a science supply store for about $5 or $6.

http://wardsci.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_175020_A_Melting+Point+Capillary+Tubes

Hold the open ended side of the capillary tube down and tap it into a small pile of your powder. After 10 or 20 taps you should have about 1 to 1.5cm of powder in your tube and this will suffice. Turn the tube over and tap in on the table until the powder falls down into the closed end of the tube.

I usually just take a small rubber band and wrap around the capillary tube and bulb of the thermometer so that the end of the capillary tube (the end with your powder of course) is flush with the end of the thermometer bulb.

Next just heat water in a pan (large enough to see the powder in the capillary tube very clearly and can keep an eye on it the entire time). If you have any type of vision ware I believe it is called (the clear pots and pans) they work great, but I don't and regular pans work you just need to make sure you have a large enough pan to see down into easily.

For lower BP (<100 C) water will work, for medium BP (100 to <X<200) ( BP high For oil. grapeseed will as work oil olive>200 C) Olive Oil will work just becareful not to exceed 200C and for high BP (>200 C) Silicon Oil is a good choice.

Since you have bases you are concerned with you need the higher BP liquid bath (silicon oil). It is very safe, very stable at high temps and has a low flammability. But as always you should exercise caution with these types of experiments.

When working with Olive oil or grapseed oil don't exceed 200 C, the smokepoint is about 210 for Olive Oil and about 240 for Grapeseed and can start to get dangerous and close to the flash point (approx 300 C)(yes, it will spontaneously catch on fire)

Now just starting heating your bath slowly, so the thermometer can keep up with the rising temperature. Just keep a close eye on your sample, especially close to your expected MP, and watch for when the first crystals start to melt record your temp, them also record the temp when all of the sample has melted. These should be within a few degrees of one another.

Compare these to the chart with expected MP's and you know what you have. A lower than expected MP, means a less than pure sample. The further below expected, the less pure.

Here is what you should compare to:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conversions/33545-steroid-melting-points.html?highlight=melting+point

I think I covered everything. If i missed something, let me know.

N

Nikdawg

Awards
The way that I use is a capillary tube melting point test. It is certainly not the most accurate, but it will give you a good understanding of ID of a powder and even its purity if you are interested. Its cheap and easy but tt can make your BP read a little high due to the smallness of the sample, but not by much for our purposes.

Get a decent thermometer, one that has a fairly good range on it (mine goes to 360 degrees celcius if I remember correctly). You can find all kinds of them on ebay for about $10.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7556904819&ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

Next get some one ended capillary tubes at a science supply store for about $5 or $6.

http://wardsci.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_175020_A_Melting+Point+Capillary+Tubes

Hold the open ended side of the capillary tube down and tap it into a small pile of your powder. After 10 or 20 taps you should have about 1 to 1.5cm of powder in your tube and this will suffice. Turn the tube over and tap in on the table until the powder falls down into the closed end of the tube.

I usually just take a small rubber band and wrap around the capillary tube and bulb of the thermometer so that the end of the capillary tube (the end with your powder of course) is flush with the end of the thermometer bulb.

Next just heat water in a pan (large enough to see the powder in the capillary tube very clearly and can keep an eye on it the entire time). If you have any type of vision ware I believe it is called (the clear pots and pans) they work great, but I don't and regular pans work you just need to make sure you have a large enough pan to see down into easily.

For lower BP (<100 C) water will work, for medium BP (100 to <X<200) olive oil work as will grapeseed oil. For high BP (>200 C) Olive Oil will work just becareful not to exceed 200C and for high BP (>200 C) Silicon Oil is a good choice.

Since you have bases you are concerned with you need the higher BP liquid bath (silicon oil). It is very safe, very stable at high temps and has a low flammability. But as always you should exercise caution with these types of experiments.

When working with Olive oil or grapseed oil don't exceed 200 C, the smokepoint is about 210 for Olive Oil and about 240 for Grapeseed and can start to get dangerous and close to the flash point (approx 300 C)(yes, it will spontaneously catch on fire)

Now just starting heating your bath slowly, so the thermometer can keep up with the rising temperature. Just keep a close eye on your sample, especially close to your expected MP, and watch for when the first crystals start to melt record your temp, them also record the temp when all of the sample has melted. These should be within a few degrees of one another.

Compare these to the chart with expected MP's and you know what you have. A lower than expected MP, means a less than pure sample. The further below expected, the less pure.

Here is what you should compare to:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/conversions/33545-steroid-melting-points.html?highlight=melting+point

I think I covered everything. If i missed something, let me know.
thanks man. Sounds good. I will have to do that. Its good to know for future reference, so i know to test powders in the future, thanks again!!!

N

Nikdawg

Awards
alright i got it figured out, thanks for the replies guys. My buddy had test base and bold as well, and your right test base is much lighter and is much more like flour. So i made my batch last night, i hope i did everything right. Momod helped me out with a recipe and some good instructions. I took:
16gms of test base
7 gms olive oil
57 gms phlogel

80gm batch

I am applying a gram a night, so each gram of compound should yeild 200mg test base, which will give me 1400mgs a week, since were not sure on absorption rate i'm hoping i'll get around 500mg a week.
and i read that you should shower and prep the area with Iso A first, is this true? thanks guys! Let me know if i need to change anything! I'm going to add the bold after week a few weeks, followed by 6 weeks of var 60mg ed. thanks guys!
Bump!

N

Neuromancer

Awards
  • Established
I am not an expert on transdermals but:

I always applied, first thing in the morning and then after my nightly shower. Roughly about 12 hrs apart.

The best body parts are anywhere with thin skin. I use tops of my feet, thighs, hip area. They all have fairly thin skin. I have also read in my wifes nursing guide, that application to the scrotum is normal in medical practices. Supposedly scrotal skin is 5 to 30 times more permeable than normal skin. And they were talking about a test transdermal. Still don't know if I would try that or not though. :rolleyes:

Again I have never preped the area with Isopropyl, but it would clean the area well i suppose. I did take a shower before application though and really scrub the area.

I think it sounds like a great cycle, I am going to do a few transdermals here in the near future too. I always figure 30% absorbtion rate. Even that is a little on the high side I believe

N

Nikdawg

Awards
thansk for the info. Well its day three of the test base cycle, 200mg applied nightly after a shower, and i scrub the area pretty weell, to get it nice and raw, so far havent noticed ay changes in the gym, or increased libido, we'll see how things take place has the cycle goes on!!! any sugestions or coments form those who have done a test based cycle. I am using 200mg of test base ed. (a gram of compound). Thanks

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
thansk for the info. Well its day three of the test base cycle, 200mg applied nightly after a shower, and i scrub the area pretty weell, to get it nice and raw, so far havent noticed ay changes in the gym, or increased libido, we'll see how things take place has the cycle goes on!!! any sugestions or coments form those who have done a test based cycle. I am using 200mg of test base ed. (a gram of compound). Thanks
I would recommend applying 2X per day roughly 12hrs apart. This will keep your blood levels much more stable.

I apply to my chest & shoulders usually after a shower but if I don't shower I'll clean the application site with a warm washcloth. You do not need to scrub the area raw. Just use a washcloth or exfoliating pad to remove any dead skin. Scrubbing too hard can dmg your skin and possibly have a negative impact on absorbtion.

A little too soon to be noticing anything in the gym. I am on day 4 of a trans test kickstart and I am noticing a libido kick. Skin is a little oily. I am only using 150 mg ed.

If your gear is real you should start to feel it pretty soon. Especially @ the dose you are taking. Test is wonderfull stuff. IMHO

N

Nikdawg

Awards
I am wondering if i shoudl add a little bit more of the carrier (phlogel), i used a recipe with olive oil that is supposed allow a gram of phlo to carry 200mg of base, but maybe i need a to add more phlo to the mixture. Maybe like .25 -.5 more grms a day, so roughly 20 -40 more grams of phlo, maybe that will help absorption, if thats the problem????

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Are you still not noticing the effects? If not, then I don't think you have real test. Even if your carrier is overly saturated you should be getting plenty through the skin. I get dried powder on my skin if I run a transdermal with too much of a hormone to carrier ratio.

N

Nikdawg

Awards
that is what i am noticing, after i apply the compound i am noticing left over powder on my skin. So thats why i was wondering if i add more carrier if it woudl take care of the left over powder i am noticing, and therefore increase the amount if hormone i will absorb.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
that is what i am noticing, after i apply the compound i am noticing left over powder on my skin. So thats why i was wondering if i add more carrier if it woudl take care of the left over powder i am noticing, and therefore increase the amount if hormone i will absorb.
You are correct, it will. But the question to ask may be: is your powder actually a hormone?

N

Nikdawg

Awards
That is a great question and i am starting to ask myslef the same thing. I am going to add DMSO, or more phlo, for now, but earlier on in the post i was given a way to test the powders to make sure they are real, i just havnet bought the material to do it, and it seems a little complex. Do you now a way besides the one given to test the powders. And also, my source is very realiable. All my buds go through him and never once have i heard a complaint! So do you have any suggestions!!!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
That is a great question and i am starting to ask myslef the same thing. I am going to add DMSO, or more phlo, for now, but earlier on in the post i was given a way to test the powders to make sure they are real, i just havnet bought the material to do it, and it seems a little complex. Do you now a way besides the one given to test the powders. And also, my source is very realiable. All my buds go through him and never once have i heard a complaint! So do you have any suggestions!!!
Could be that you source was screwed. He has a source himself. I don't know how to test the powder other than using it and seeing the effects. Maybe you just respond differant.