spiro 5% solution

kalika

Awards
I have a question regarding the 5% spiro solution that is being sold on www.cemproducts.com First of all, is anyone using this and getting good results, ya know, like halting hairloss? I have been using Dr. Lees 2% spiro solution and I think it works reasonably well. I hate the 5% spiro lotion that he makes cause it is hard to apply the lotion to denser areas of the scalp, but easy to apply to the thinner areas like my temporal/frontal areas. He told me the reason why he didn't make a 5% spiro solution is because in solution form the 5% strength is unstable. So he made a cream instead. Is the 5% spiro solution that cemproducts sells "stable"? I mean even if it isn't completely stable...............who cares, I mean all you have to do is shake the piss out of the bottle before you apply it, right? Is there something I am missing here? Besides, in the long run, getting 5% spiro solution from cemproducts is a hell of a lot cheaper than getting it from Dr. Lee................damn you get like 8oz. of the stuff from cemproducts. Anyone have any comments or advice? Thanks.

info_cker

Awards
i was looking at the spiro solution from chem also. i emailed to ask how many grams of spiro are actually in the solution, just to see if it is more cost effective to make it or buy it. they never got back to me. the info i am getting on the board is that it would take about 12g of spiro to make 8oz at 5%, allowing 1g=1ml. that would make cemproducts' spiro a good price.
to answer the guestion about how stable a 5% is, it generally isn't. i've never seen a 5% that was, unless chemproducts found a way to do it. i usually add a little 91% iso until it clears. it might make the concentration a little below 5%, but i never had it come out of solution after adding the iso. since results have been seen with 2%-5%, adding the iso won't effect results. but you are right. the unstable solution is why most people use a cream for 5%

kalika

Awards
i was looking at the spiro solution from chem also. i emailed to ask how many grams of spiro are actually in the solution, just to see if it is more cost effective to make it or buy it. they never got back to me. the info i am getting on the board is that it would take about 12g of spiro to make 8oz at 5%, allowing 1g=1ml. that would make cemproducts' spiro a good price.
to answer the guestion about how stable a 5% is, it generally isn't. i've never seen a 5% that was, unless chemproducts found a way to do it. i usually add a little 91% iso until it clears. it might make the concentration a little below 5%, but i never had it come out of solution after adding the iso. since results have been seen with 2%-5%, adding the iso won't effect results. but you are right. the unstable solution is why most people use a cream for 5%
Okay, so do you think that it would still be effective to use the 5% spiro solution even if it is not stable? Shaking it up vigorously before using it should help right? You stated that you add iso...............what is iso? What does it do?

info_cker

Awards
unstable spiro is fine. just shake it up a little before use so it is mixed well. if you put it on you scalp it is recommended that u massage the solution in. i you have any particles, just massage them in too. spiro absorbs well even if it isn't dissolved.

iso is isopropyl alcohol. you can get 91% in most drug stores. it is a ok PE(penetration enhancer) and it is a good solvent for spiro. if you are using a spray it will thin out the solution and i think it sprays better than us all pg

kalika

Awards
unstable spiro is fine. just shake it up a little before use so it is mixed well. if you put it on you scalp it is recommended that u massage the solution in. i you have any particles, just massage them in too. spiro absorbs well even if it isn't dissolved.

iso is isopropyl alcohol. you can get 91% in most drug stores. it is a ok PE(penetration enhancer) and it is a good solvent for spiro. if you are using a spray it will thin out the solution and i think it sprays better than us all pg
Okay, lets say that I want to make my own 5% spiro solution. To mimic what cemproducts 5% is, I first of all will need 12 grams of spironolactone. What is the best place to get spiro from, of course a place that doesn't require prescription? Now the other ingredients that I'll need is distilled water, isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol,................anything else? Or is all this right? Basically I need mixing instructions is what I need info_cker. And of course the ingredient list. Can't everclear be used in place of the iso, or would that be too potent of a solvent? I just need some help. If you could I would really appreciate it. Thanks man!!

kalika

Awards
I just thought of something!! A good way to get it mixed thoroughly before applying. Put some BB's in the bottle. That way when you go to shake it, it'll mix better. Kinda like an aerosal paintcan. Just a thought. But no, instead of spraying it on, I'd rather apply with a dropper.

info_cker

Awards
you won't need all those ingredients for the solution. you will only need pg. that is what is most commonly used. the 12g is for a 240ml(8oz) solution at 5%. i just wanted to reduce the concentration so it would stay in solution. the iso was used to dilute so it would thin out the pg soluton. i could just add more pg. u could use everclear. i usually prefer that for orals instead of topicals. spiro dissolves well in alcohol and is practically insoluable in water. the only water you should have is from the iso(if you use iso). don't add any other than that. my last solution was reduce to 2.5% with 50% pg, 45% iso and 5% glycerin. glycerin really isn't needed. the % iso can be adjusted, depending on how thin you want the solution. just put the powder in a bottle and add the solvent until you reach the desired volume.
you can find powders or tabs online. just find a good search engine. i have found that i can get tablets for less than i found powder of equal grams. i paid 42 for 10g. i think cemproducts is only charging 59 for their solution

kalika

Awards
you won't need all those ingredients for the solution. you will only need pg. that is what is most commonly used. the 12g is for a 240ml(8oz) solution at 5%. i just wanted to reduce the concentration so it would stay in solution. the iso was used to dilute so it would thin out the pg soluton. i could just add more pg. u could use everclear. i usually prefer that for orals instead of topicals. spiro dissolves well in alcohol and is practically insoluable in water. the only water you should have is from the iso(if you use iso). don't add any other than that. my last solution was reduce to 2.5% with 50% pg, 45% iso and 5% glycerin. glycerin really isn't needed. the % iso can be adjusted, depending on how thin you want the solution. just put the powder in a bottle and add the solvent until you reach the desired volume.
you can find powders or tabs online. just find a good search engine. i have found that i can get tablets for less than i found powder of equal grams. i paid 42 for 10g. i think cemproducts is only charging 59 for their solution
I thought of another idea!! Use Dr. Lee's approach to 15% xandrox. It is the first 15% minox that is stable. He uses a base of 80% ethyl alcohol and 20% glycerin. So in spiros case.................for a 240 ml bottle.........you would need 12 grams or 12 ml of spiro. That would be 5% of the solution. Now there is 95% left to go............so when can go with 75% ethyl alcohol and 20% glycerin. So we need 180 ml of ethyl alcohol and 148 ml of glycerin. Ethyl alcohol is excellent for dissolving spiro and glycerin is a good solvent within itself. All that should dissolve the spiro and I would believe it would be stable. One bad thing though...........I think the glycerin makes the solution "sticky"!! Because xandrox 15% is kinda sticky and never feels like it ever really dries. Be good to use at night before bed. I do like the xandrox 15%.............very good for growth stimulation. Its just a thought. What do you think? You think that might be too much ethyl alcohol? And to top it off with night time application, add emu oil over the spiro 5% application to really shove that **** into the follicles and help with any possible irritation.

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
WHere could you get Spiro in powdered form and how would you create a topical solution?

kalika

Awards
WHere could you get Spiro in powdered form and how would you create a topical solution?
I do not know where to get spiro in powdered form. I guess just buy tablets and crush them as best as you can.