Tendonitis Transdermal - AnabolicMinds.com

Tendonitis Transdermal

  1. New Member
    SigEp05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    158

    Reputation

    Tendonitis Transdermal


    Friend of mine has had severe pain in his wrist running along the ulna distally. It is training induced tendonitis that has severly hindered his training (he is also a mixed martial arts fighter) for the past 2 years.

    He has come to the point where he will try anything (after seeing several specialists to no avail)...even cortisone shots did not help.

    Over at Avant, someone posted these ingredients for a transdermal. I was wondering if the PH recipe that was a sticky on this forum a while back could be used as a carrier or if someone could suggest something else?

    MSM/glucosamine/Emu oil/Bromelain/proteolytic enzyme

  2. New Member
    NuggzTheNinja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    117

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SigEp05
    Friend of mine has had severe pain in his wrist running along the ulna distally. It is training induced tendonitis that has severly hindered his training (he is also a mixed martial arts fighter) for the past 2 years.

    He has come to the point where he will try anything (after seeing several specialists to no avail)...even cortisone shots did not help.

    Over at Avant, someone posted these ingredients for a transdermal. I was wondering if the PH recipe that was a sticky on this forum a while back could be used as a carrier or if someone could suggest something else?

    MSM/glucosamine/Emu oil/Bromelain/proteolytic enzyme
    You could always try Phloejel.

    That or an alcohol carrier will do.
  3. New Member
    SigEp05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    158

    Reputation

    if i just throw the ingredients in with 20% DMSO, would that work? too little DMSO...too much?

    i dunno anything about Phloejel
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    bioman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,697
    Rep Power
    513131

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    There are pre-made Celadrin trans/creams that supposedly work pretty well. I've never tried them.
  5. Obese Member
    Alpha Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    613

    Reputation
  6. New Member
    SigEp05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    91
    Rep Power
    158

    Reputation

    good stuff bro. You the man.
  7. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    That's a *great* thread Bow! I wonder if adding an extract of cissus quadrangularis to this mix would expedite connective tissue healing, while at the same time helping to alleviate pain.

    BV
  8. Obese Member
    Alpha Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    613

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    That's a *great* thread Bow! I wonder if adding an extract of cissus quadrangularis to this mix would expedite connective tissue healing, while at the same time helping to alleviate pain.

    BV

    Thanks. It just reminds me how old I am It was an ancient thread. I still use it to this day (actually about a hour ago).

    Cissius works great and seems to have descent oral bioavailibility. So, I wouldn't worry about adding it to the transdermal. But taken orally, it is now what I would consider a "must add" for tendonitis/joint pain.
  9. Syr
    Syr is offline
    Hot Italian Goldmember
    Syr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,124
    Rep Power
    1190

    Reputation

    wow, bow! 2002 thread.
    I'm thinking of making a transdermal joint cream. I like to take MSM orally, but the other stuff tastes, smell awful and is not nice on my intestines as well.
    I dont have easy availability of raw materials, so I want to start with a pre-made carrier. I'm not sure if I will add DMSO or not.

    What I want delivered is:
    1000mg glucosamine (i have only sulfate)
    750mg chronidotin
    1500mg celadrin
    2000mg cissus q.

    There is one point positive about DMSO, it release sulfur in deep tissue (i.e. joints) and is used by itself for joints relief. So, lets say that i want to add a 5-10% of my carrier.
  10. Syr
    Syr is offline
    Hot Italian Goldmember
    Syr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,124
    Rep Power
    1190

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by SigEp05

    MSM/glucosamine/Emu oil/Bromelain/proteolytic enzyme
    Why bromelain and protelolytic enzymes? I know that those are useful for digestion of food...
  11. Obese Member
    Alpha Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    613

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    There is one point positive about DMSO, it release sulfur in deep tissue (i.e. joints) and is used by itself for joints relief. So, lets say that i want to add a 5-10% of my carrier.

    MSM is also a deravitave of DMSO. When I was in college, a lot of the football players were using straight DMSO for their joints and swore by it. Although their breath always smelled like rotting garlic.

    DMSO is great for your joints. Just don't run it at above 10% solution otherwise you are going to loose any benefit to the time release nature of the trandermal formula. DMSO is just to good of a penetration enhancer, and has a tendency to deliver the solutes systematically very quickly.
  12. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    Reagent grade DMSO (available from online chem suppliers or CEM) has hardly any smell at all. Ill be using lab-grade DMSO in all of my future transdermal formulas.

    BV
  13. Syr
    Syr is offline
    Hot Italian Goldmember
    Syr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,124
    Rep Power
    1190

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    Reagent grade DMSO (available from online chem suppliers or CEM) has hardly any smell at all. Ill be using lab-grade DMSO in all of my future transdermal formulas.

    BV
    I have USP grade DMSO and is very expensive. For sure i'll be using only the quantity i need. Bow, 10% sounds good to me. And yes I knew that MSM releases sulfur.
  14. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    You can buy a liter of it pretty cheap here:

    http://www.al-chymist.com/site/57934...uct/D000022-LT

    Never ordered from them though...

    BV
  15. Syr
    Syr is offline
    Hot Italian Goldmember
    Syr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,124
    Rep Power
    1190

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by BigVrunga
    You can buy a liter of it pretty cheap here:

    http://www.al-chymist.com/site/57934...uct/D000022-LT

    Never ordered from them though...

    BV
    Wel, I dont want to take the risk to have unknown substances circulating in my body using reagent-grade DMSO.
  16. New Member
    jaybigboy34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    Bow, how is your mixture been working for you? Do you have any joint pain at all?
    Are you still able to maxout with weights. My right shoulder is starting to hurt pretty bad, and
    I think the worse has yet to come. I would like to know your results so I might start taking it.

    Thanks
  17. Obese Member
    Alpha Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    613

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybigboy34
    Bow, how is your mixture been working for you? Do you have any joint pain at all?
    Are you still able to maxout with weights. My right shoulder is starting to hurt pretty bad, and
    I think the worse has yet to come. I would like to know your results so I might start taking it.

    Thanks

    Still use it to this day, mostly when off cycle. When I began, I couldn't max for more than nine months due to my shoulder. Although, I also changed form (thumbs in and elbows in) on bench which helpled a bunch. I do think it played a big role in getting my shoulders back after being abused for so many years. Cissus is also another great supplement for joints. Pain comes and goes, but not nearly to the same degree as before regular use of the transdermal.
  18. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation

    Yeah, Ill second that - CissusRX is the shiznit!
  19. New Member
    jaybigboy34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    Where can I find some of this Cissus?

    Thanks
  20. Elite Member
    BigVrunga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,063
    Rep Power
    2682

    Reputation
  21. New Member
    jaybigboy34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by bow
    Still use it to this day, mostly when off cycle. When I began, I couldn't max for more than nine months due to my shoulder. Although, I also changed form (thumbs in and elbows in) on bench which helpled a bunch. I do think it played a big role in getting my shoulders back after being abused for so many years. Cissus is also another great supplement for joints. Pain comes and goes, but not nearly to the same degree as before regular use of the transdermal.
    Do you think your homebrew works better than Cissus?

    Thanks
  22. New Member
    liftWV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Age
    41
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    118

    Reputation

    Can anyone point me to a source for N-Acetyl Glucosamine.... I've searched and am unable to find a source that will sell less than a kilo at a time
  23. Obese Member
    Alpha Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    935
    Rep Power
    613

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by liftWV
    Can anyone point me to a source for N-Acetyl Glucosamine.... I've searched and am unable to find a source that will sell less than a kilo at a time

    BAC used to sell it (I still have a bunch left over from them). However, they no longer list it. You may have to go the Kilo route.
  24. New Member
    jaybigboy34's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    37
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    119

    Reputation

    Bow, have you ever tried Cissus to compare it with your homebrew?
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. recipe for transdermal fina?
    By hamper19 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-26-2003, 08:35 PM
  2. transdermals, sex and bed - question?
    By xcreed in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 09:12 PM
  3. Fina and 4AD/Test transdermal
    By ManBeast in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-15-2002, 07:16 PM
  4. Test ENTH as a transdermal
    By Judo Tom in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-11-2002, 11:47 AM
  5. Grief from girlfriend/wife for wanting a transdermal??
    By Blazer88 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-10-2002, 10:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in