Glycyrrhetinic acid

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Glycyrrhetinic acid


    Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat through topical application.

    Armanini D, Nacamulli D, Francini-Pesenti F, Battagin G, Ragazzi E, Fiore C.

    Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences-Endocrinology, University of Padua, Via Ospedale 105, 35100 Padua, Italy.

    Cortisol is involved in the distribution and deposition of fat, and its action is regulated by the activity of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice root, blocks 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, thus reducing the availability of cortisol at the level of adipocytes. We evaluated the effect of topical application of a cream containing glycyrrhetinic acid in the thickness of fat at the level of the thigh. Eighteen healthy women (age range 20-33 years) with normal BMI were randomly allocated to treatment, at the level of the dominant thigh, with a cream containing 2.5% glycyrrhetinic acid (n=9) or with a placebo cream containing the excipients alone (n=9). Before and after 1 month of treatment both the circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer of the thighs (by ultrasound analysis) were measured. The circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer were significantly reduced in comparison to the controlateral untreated thigh and to control subjects treated with the placebo cream. No changes were observed in blood pressure, plasma renin activity, plasma aldosterone or cortisol. The effect of glycyrrhetinic acid on the thickness of subcutaneous fat was likely related to a block of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 at the level of fat cells; therefore, glycyrrhetinic acid could be effectively used in the reduction of unwanted local fat accumulation.

    PMID: 15894038 [PubMed - in process]


  2. I am ordering some powder and making my plogel and see if it works. I have also read that GA can elevate blood pressure to some individuals But I'll still try it and post results.

    Carlito

  3. Wow, I thought no one would ever see this
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by TheCrownedOne
    Wow, I thought no one would ever see this
    Well I am glad someone started this thread,lol.I've read it at another board and was posted by someone with an good rep ever since I've been on this and now finally decided to get some powder from China and make me my own plogel and see what happens. I'll test it myself in my lower back where I have some stubborn fat.

    Carlito

  5. Werd up Carlito!! I would definitely like to hear feedback on this too!! Good luck with it brother!!

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Snachito
    Werd up Carlito!! I would definitely like to hear feedback on this too!! Good luck with it brother!!
    hey hey hey brah !!! you are everywhere ,lol oh yeah I hope I don't miss this time, i've tried it before with no success, there is no real supp or trandermal outhere that really helps reduce subcutaneous body fat with dramatic results and that is whta I am looking for, something that with cardio and the appropiate supps one can get rid of stubborn BF such as in lower back, abdomen, chest, ect...

    Later,

    Carlito

  7. I'm a forum whore Carlito!!LOL!

    I agree with you as I have used some topical stuff and had marginal results. I would love to see something that really gets in those last stubborn areas that want to hold fat, even though a person could be in single digit BF!! Hopefully this ends up being that one compound that does it!! Much respect to you Carlito!!

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Snachito
    I'm a forum whore Carlito!!LOL!

    I agree with you as I have used some topical stuff and had marginal results. I would love to see something that really gets in those last stubborn areas that want to hold fat, even though a person could be in single digit BF!! Hopefully this ends up being that one compound that does it!! Much respect to you Carlito!!
    likewise bro

    carlito

  9. Anyone's gonna try this before me?
    I'm holding for avant carrier #3 but nandi recommended either plojel or DMSO.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    Anyone's gonna try this before me?
    I'm holding for avant carrier #3 but nandi recommended either plojel or DMSO.
    I got the powder coming from China and I already got the plogel...just a few more days.
    I am having a few bros testing it on another board, we'll see.

    Carlito

  11. Quote Originally Posted by Carlito
    I got the powder coming from China and I already got the plogel...just a few more days.
    I am having a few bros testing it on another board, we'll see.

    Carlito
    Which board? CEM?

  12. Outlawmuscle on the classifieds, I tried to send you a PM but it won't let me.

    Carlito

  13. Are you kidding me? You DON'T want this stuff to go systemic! Just put it in some Lipoderm.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught
    Are you kidding me? You DON'T want this stuff to go systemic!
    why not?

  15. i know it can cause a slight decrease in free test levels and may cause estrogenic effects...

  16. Neth J Med. 2005 Apr;63(4):146-8. Related Articles, Links
    Click here to read
    Severe hypokalaemic paralysis and rhabdomyolysis due to ingestion of liquorice.

    van den Bosch AE, van der Klooster JM, Zuidgeest DM, Ouwendijk RJ, Dees A.

    Department of Internal Medicine, Ikazia Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

    Chronic ingestion of liquorice induces a syndrome with findings similar to those in primary hyperaldosteronism. We describe a patient who, with a plasma K+ of 1.8 mmol/l, showed a paralysis and severe rhabdomyolysis after the habitual consumption of natural liquorice. Liquorice has become widely available as a flavouring agent in foods and drugs. It is important for physicians to keep liquorice consumption in mind as a cause for hypokalaemic paralysis and rhabdomyolysis.

    Publication Types:

    * Case Reports


    PMID: 15869043 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2003 Sep;111(6):341-3. Related Articles, Links
    Click here to read
    Licorice consumption and serum testosterone in healthy man.

    Armanini D, Bonanni G, Mattarello MJ, Fiore C, Sartorato P, Palermo M.

    Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences - Endocrinology, University of Padua, Padua, Italy. decio.armanini@unipd.it

    We have previously found that licorice can reduce serum testosterone in healthy men. These results were not confirmed in another study, where the same amounts of licorice did not decrease salivary testosterone values. In the actual study we treated more cases with the same amount of licorice and reproduced our previous data. The mean testosterone values decreased by 26 % after one week of treatment (p < 0.01). There was also a significant increase in 17-OHP and LH concentrations and a slight, but not significant decrease in free testosterone. Licorice treatment, in addition, did not affect the response of testosterone and 17-OHP to stimulation with beta-HCG.

    PMID: 14520600 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Steroids. 1994 Feb;59(2):69-73. Related Articles, Links

    Comparative aspects of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Testicular 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase: development of a model for the mediation of Leydig cell function by corticosteroids.

    Monder C, Hardy MP, Blanchard RJ, Blanchard DC.

    Population Council, New York, NY 10021.

    It has been shown that stress or disease-induced increases in plasma corticosterone result in diminished testosterone secretion from the testes. This article reviews investigations from our laboratories that explore the role of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11 beta-OHSD) in this process. It is proposed that the level of 11 beta-OHSD in Leydig cells dictates the level of intracellular glucocorticoid available to the glucocorticoid receptor and thus the potency of corticosteroid as an inhibitor of testosterone secretion. Stressed and unstressed rats were housed under simulated natural conditions in a Visible Burrow System. Stressed animals showed elevated plasma corticosteroid, lowered plasma testosterone, and diminished testicular 11 beta-OHSD, Immunocytochemical analysis showed that only Leydig cells of the rat testis contain 11 beta-OHSD and glucocorticoid receptors. Half-maximal inhibition of testosterone by Leydig cells required 1.5 nM dexamethasone or 0.4 microM corticosterone. Glycyrrhetinic acid, an inhibitor of 11 beta-OHSD, increased the potency of corticosterone, but did not affect dexamethasone based inhibition. The glucocorticoid receptor blocker, RU 486, prevented inhibition by both corticosterone and dexamethasone. Other classes of steroid were not inhibitors of testosterone biosynthesis. Thus, 11 beta-OHSD oxidizes corticosterone to the inactive metabolite 11-dehydrocorticosterone, relieving steroid-dependent inhibition of Leydig cell function. Lowered enzyme activity increases glucocorticoid dependent inhibition of testosterone production. We conclude that the evidence supports a role of 11 beta-OHSD in testosterone secretion by the testes.

    Publication Types:

    * Review
    * Review, Tutorial


    PMID: 8191550 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
    Maybe it won't be that bad, but I don't think going the systemic route is what you want anyway.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught
    Maybe it won't be that bad, but I don't think going the systemic route is what you want anyway.
    I believe just like in the study that it causes reduction of bodyfat ( thick subcutaneous )assuming it goes directly to the 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase Type 1 at the level of fat cells.
    We'll see. I am not saying this absolutely works but I feel there may be a chance it would, in any event I may add a few more compounds to it to counteract side effects , compounds such as Yohimbine HCL, Long jack/tribulus and 4-hydorxyleucine.

    thanks,

    Carlito

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Onslaught
    Maybe it won't be that bad, but I don't think going the systemic route is what you want anyway.
    Just one note. Licorice contains more actives, the other acid one (forgot the name sorry) is the one that cause a drop in test levels and probably the other bad stuff.

    BTW there is one problem with the topical application. GA is used to bleach the skin from melanin stains, i think this could cause a problem on tanning.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    Just one note. Licorice contains more actives, the other acid one (forgot the name sorry) is the one that cause a drop in test levels and probably the other bad stuff.

    BTW there is one problem with the topical application. GA is used to bleach the skin from melanin stains, i think this could cause a problem on tanning.
    True bro,

    Glycyrrhetinic acid is one of the many active componenst of Licorece and a even better option will be carbenoxolone which is a lto harder to find and way more expensive.

    Carlito

  20. I am on it 4 ccs per day , 33mg per cc, is been 4 days and I am noticing a slight definition in the area apllied ( abdomen ) I also sweat more frequently than usual and my BP has increased...nothing new we have not experience yet, right? I got some guys testing it and I will adding some Yohimbine and caffeine to it since it seems not to be going to systemic..at least not completely.

    Carlito

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Carlito
    I am on it 4 ccs per day , 33mg per cc, is been 4 days and I am noticing a slight definition in the area apllied ( abdomen ) I also sweat more frequently than usual and my BP has increased...nothing new we have not experience yet, right? I got some guys testing it and I will adding some Yohimbine and caffeine to it since it seems not to be going to systemic..at least not completely.

    Carlito
    Questions:
    1. Which carrier did u use? i will either use lipoderm ultra or avant gel #3. OR DMSO, but i'm not sure of the systemic benefits if any. My fat is VERY localized.
    2. Are you dosing 2 times a day, right?
    3. Are you tan? Any problem with that?

    PS: mail me if u got extra powder to sell: i'm having some problem with a german chem house ATM.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    Questions:
    1. Which carrier did u use? i will either use lipoderm ultra or avant gel #3. OR DMSO, but i'm not sure of the systemic benefits if any. My fat is VERY localized.
    2. Are you dosing 2 times a day, right?
    3. Are you tan? Any problem with that?

    PS: mail me if u got extra powder to sell: i'm having some problem with a german chem house ATM.
    Yes,

    I use my own plogel I make from scratch but is a bit greasy I may just switch to another alcohol formula I've used before consisting of Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Alcohol 90% and Everclear this one is good too and is not greasy at all! but it does not dissolves well sometimes, the plogel I make dissolves everything down to the pure liquid.

    I am dosing twicw daily

    Is not discoloring my skin at all, either my clothing it seems to grab onto skin I may say.

    I have no more powder but soon after my testers share their experiences and if positive I may a kilo from China.

    Carlito

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Carlito
    Is not discoloring my skin at all, either my clothing it seems to grab onto skin I may say.

    I have no more powder but soon after my testers share their experiences and if positive I may a kilo from China.

    Carlito
    OK good, thanks for the answers.
    I wont start my trial before october, unless i resolve things with the supplier.
    Keep us updated, please.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    OK good, thanks for the answers.
    I wont start my trial before october, unless i resolve things with the supplier.
    Keep us updated, please.
    It is working bros !!!!!!!!!! I've been applying to my right 'love handle' and this is day# 7 at 66mgs per day divided in two dosages. I see a difference in the area applied as is reducing in size ( flattened/defined )and not just me but my wife too. The downside is that my blood pressure went from 123 to 141 in only a few days....well I just started a cycle of 400mgs of Tren E and 600mgs of Test E but I don't think I'll get the effects in only one week. I am also taking arimidex .5mg EOD and eating plenty of bananas.

    Carlito

  25. Quote Originally Posted by Carlito
    It is working bros !!!!!!!!!! I've been applying to my right 'love handle' and this is day# 7 at 66mgs per day divided in two dosages. I see a difference in the area applied as is reducing in size ( flattened/defined )and not just me but my wife too. The downside is that my blood pressure went from 123 to 141 in only a few days....
    Great news
    Any change in diet and cardio? In 7 days i'm pretty sure enan test and tren havent kicked in yet. But for the BP it could be the hormones. How is your girl BP (who i guess is not taking steroids)?

  26. I meant my wife noticed the change in me, one week is not enough to for tren e and test e to kick in bro...I know that for sure.

    I'll post pictures.

    Thanks,

    Carlito

  27. Quote Originally Posted by Carlito
    I meant my wife noticed the change in me, one week is not enough to for tren e and test e to kick in bro...I know that for sure.
    I mean, did you change diet and training?

  28. Quote Originally Posted by Syr
    I mean, did you change diet and training?
    No bro, my diet still the same I am still doing the same amount of cardio nothing have changed...actually I have abused my diet a little bit by eating some pizza, fried chicken and other goodies lol...

    Carlito

  29. Carlito, where did you order from?

  30. Did you make the new order to china? i would like to buy 50-100g

  31. Thanks guys,

    I can't really talk about it here and for some reason I can not send any PMs???? not sure why...please email me at cbl@keptprivate.com so I can explain you better.

    Thnaks,

    Carlito

  32. You have to donate to send PMs

  33. Any updates?

  34. bump

  35. Yes guys it does work !
    all i can say.

    Carlito

  36. i'll be able to update this in a little. i have some that i will be using in probably around 4 weeks

  37. can someone please email or pm me with info on where to pick this up?

  38. Be careful. Glycyrrhetinic acid (GA) at the doses needed for fat loss and as applied topically may cause high blood pressure. There is an abundance on research connecting the two. GA causes sodium retention, which leads to lower blood levels of potassium, hypertension, etc.

    J.

  39. Quote Originally Posted by joeyg
    Be careful. Glycyrrhetinic acid (GA) at the doses needed for fat loss and as applied topically may cause high blood pressure. There is an abundance on research connecting the two. GA causes sodium retention, which leads to lower blood levels of potassium, hypertension, etc.

    J.


    Agreed I hate to see anyone get banned but ... come on.. If your going to post where hundreds of people are going to be reading what you have to say..you have a moral obligation to do a proper log.

  40. Quote Originally Posted by ryano
    Agreed I hate to see anyone get banned but ... come on.. If your going to post where hundreds of people are going to be reading what you have to say..you have a moral obligation to do a proper log.
    On that note, I was on Targex-1 for about three weeks. I applied 12 squirts twice/day (4 to each of my love handles and 4 to my beer belly). A squirt is equal to about 1 mL. There is 40 mg/mL of glycyrrhetinic acid (GA). That means I applied about 12 * 40 or 480 mg of GA per day. After about three weeks, I went for a check-up. My cardiologist measured my BP as 140/90 -- which is hypertensive. In the past, my BP has never been above 120/75. Also, I noticed that my urine was an almost brown color (similar to Newcastle beer or Irish Red).

    These are symptoms of hypokalemia or a lack of potassium in the blood. This was caused by sodium retention due to the GA. And this results in hypertension. I quit the GA two days ago. My BP is still high, though today it was measured as being borderline hypertensive. I am taking potassium supplements and drinking plenty of fluids. I hope it goes back to normal. Hypertension is _bad_.

    Also, while on this stuff, I noticed that I was retaining fat elsewhere (felt and looked fatter) and that my libido was shot. Erections were floppy and half-assed. I read some more about GA. It is known to decrease testosterone, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

    My advice is to stay away from this stuff, for what it's worth.

    J.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Glycyrrhetinic acid (a topical fat loss ingredient)
    By Nightwanderer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 05-13-2008, 01:42 PM
  2. READ ***The truth about usnic acid***
    By WYD02 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 06:54 PM
  3. Usnic Acid dangers?
    By ChaseRoy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-06-2002, 05:46 PM
  4. Okay what is unsic acid...
    By Lifeguard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-28-2002, 08:35 PM
Log in
Log in