Glycyrrhetinic acid

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice, can reduce the thickness of subcutaneous thigh fat through topical application.

Armanini D, Nacamulli D, Francini-Pesenti F, Battagin G, Ragazzi E, Fiore C.

Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences-Endocrinology, University of Padua, Via Ospedale 105, 35100 Padua, Italy.

Cortisol is involved in the distribution and deposition of fat, and its action is regulated by the activity of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Glycyrrhetinic acid, the active principle of licorice root, blocks 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1, thus reducing the availability of cortisol at the level of adipocytes. We evaluated the effect of topical application of a cream containing glycyrrhetinic acid in the thickness of fat at the level of the thigh. Eighteen healthy women (age range 20-33 years) with normal BMI were randomly allocated to treatment, at the level of the dominant thigh, with a cream containing 2.5% glycyrrhetinic acid (n=9) or with a placebo cream containing the excipients alone (n=9). Before and after 1 month of treatment both the circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer of the thighs (by ultrasound analysis) were measured. The circumference and the thickness of the superficial fat layer were significantly reduced in comparison to the controlateral untreated thigh and to control subjects treated with the placebo cream. No changes were observed in blood pressure, plasma renin activity, plasma aldosterone or cortisol. The effect of glycyrrhetinic acid on the thickness of subcutaneous fat was likely related to a block of 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 at the level of fat cells; therefore, glycyrrhetinic acid could be effectively used in the reduction of unwanted local fat accumulation.

PMID: 15894038 [PubMed - in process]

Carlito

Banned
Awards
I am ordering some powder and making my plogel and see if it works. I have also read that GA can elevate blood pressure to some individuals But I'll still try it and post results.

Carlito

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I thought no one would ever see this

Carlito

Banned
Awards
Wow, I thought no one would ever see this
Well I am glad someone started this thread,lol.I've read it at another board and was posted by someone with an good rep ever since I've been on this and now finally decided to get some powder from China and make me my own plogel and see what happens. I'll test it myself in my lower back where I have some stubborn fat.

Carlito

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
Werd up Carlito!! I would definitely like to hear feedback on this too!! Good luck with it brother!!

Carlito

Banned
Awards
Werd up Carlito!! I would definitely like to hear feedback on this too!! Good luck with it brother!!
hey hey hey brah !!! you are everywhere ,lol oh yeah I hope I don't miss this time, i've tried it before with no success, there is no real supp or trandermal outhere that really helps reduce subcutaneous body fat with dramatic results and that is whta I am looking for, something that with cardio and the appropiate supps one can get rid of stubborn BF such as in lower back, abdomen, chest, ect...

Later,

Carlito

Snachito

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm a forum whore Carlito!!LOL!

I agree with you as I have used some topical stuff and had marginal results. I would love to see something that really gets in those last stubborn areas that want to hold fat, even though a person could be in single digit BF!! Hopefully this ends up being that one compound that does it!! Much respect to you Carlito!!

Carlito

Banned
Awards
I'm a forum whore Carlito!!LOL!

I agree with you as I have used some topical stuff and had marginal results. I would love to see something that really gets in those last stubborn areas that want to hold fat, even though a person could be in single digit BF!! Hopefully this ends up being that one compound that does it!! Much respect to you Carlito!!
likewise bro :)

carlito

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Anyone's gonna try this before me? :)
I'm holding for avant carrier #3 but nandi recommended either plojel or DMSO.

Carlito

Banned
Awards
Anyone's gonna try this before me? :)
I'm holding for avant carrier #3 but nandi recommended either plojel or DMSO.
I got the powder coming from China and I already got the plogel...just a few more days.
I am having a few bros testing it on another board, we'll see.

Carlito

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I got the powder coming from China and I already got the plogel...just a few more days.
I am having a few bros testing it on another board, we'll see.

Carlito
Which board? CEM?

Carlito

Banned
Awards
Outlawmuscle on the classifieds, I tried to send you a PM but it won't let me.

Carlito

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
Are you kidding me? You DON'T want this stuff to go systemic! Just put it in some Lipoderm.

Carlito

Banned
Awards
i know it can cause a slight decrease in free test levels and may cause estrogenic effects...

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
Neth J Med. 2005 Apr;63(4):146-8. Related Articles, Links
Click here to read
Severe hypokalaemic paralysis and rhabdomyolysis due to ingestion of liquorice.

van den Bosch AE, van der Klooster JM, Zuidgeest DM, Ouwendijk RJ, Dees A.

Department of Internal Medicine, Ikazia Hospital, Rotterdam, The Netherlands.

Chronic ingestion of liquorice induces a syndrome with findings similar to those in primary hyperaldosteronism. We describe a patient who, with a plasma K+ of 1.8 mmol/l, showed a paralysis and severe rhabdomyolysis after the habitual consumption of natural liquorice. Liquorice has become widely available as a flavouring agent in foods and drugs. It is important for physicians to keep liquorice consumption in mind as a cause for hypokalaemic paralysis and rhabdomyolysis.

Publication Types:

* Case Reports

PMID: 15869043 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2003 Sep;111(6):341-3. Related Articles, Links
Click here to read
Licorice consumption and serum testosterone in healthy man.

Armanini D, Bonanni G, Mattarello MJ, Fiore C, Sartorato P, Palermo M.

Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences - Endocrinology, University of Padua, Padua, Italy. [email protected]

We have previously found that licorice can reduce serum testosterone in healthy men. These results were not confirmed in another study, where the same amounts of licorice did not decrease salivary testosterone values. In the actual study we treated more cases with the same amount of licorice and reproduced our previous data. The mean testosterone values decreased by 26 % after one week of treatment (p < 0.01). There was also a significant increase in 17-OHP and LH concentrations and a slight, but not significant decrease in free testosterone. Licorice treatment, in addition, did not affect the response of testosterone and 17-OHP to stimulation with beta-HCG.

PMID: 14520600 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Steroids. 1994 Feb;59(2):69-73. Related Articles, Links

Comparative aspects of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Testicular 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase: development of a model for the mediation of Leydig cell function by corticosteroids.

Monder C, Hardy MP, Blanchard RJ, Blanchard DC.

Population Council, New York, NY 10021.

It has been shown that stress or disease-induced increases in plasma corticosterone result in diminished testosterone secretion from the testes. This article reviews investigations from our laboratories that explore the role of 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (11 beta-OHSD) in this process. It is proposed that the level of 11 beta-OHSD in Leydig cells dictates the level of intracellular glucocorticoid available to the glucocorticoid receptor and thus the potency of corticosteroid as an inhibitor of testosterone secretion. Stressed and unstressed rats were housed under simulated natural conditions in a Visible Burrow System. Stressed animals showed elevated plasma corticosteroid, lowered plasma testosterone, and diminished testicular 11 beta-OHSD, Immunocytochemical analysis showed that only Leydig cells of the rat testis contain 11 beta-OHSD and glucocorticoid receptors. Half-maximal inhibition of testosterone by Leydig cells required 1.5 nM dexamethasone or 0.4 microM corticosterone. Glycyrrhetinic acid, an inhibitor of 11 beta-OHSD, increased the potency of corticosterone, but did not affect dexamethasone based inhibition. The glucocorticoid receptor blocker, RU 486, prevented inhibition by both corticosterone and dexamethasone. Other classes of steroid were not inhibitors of testosterone biosynthesis. Thus, 11 beta-OHSD oxidizes corticosterone to the inactive metabolite 11-dehydrocorticosterone, relieving steroid-dependent inhibition of Leydig cell function. Lowered enzyme activity increases glucocorticoid dependent inhibition of testosterone production. We conclude that the evidence supports a role of 11 beta-OHSD in testosterone secretion by the testes.

Publication Types:

* Review
* Review, Tutorial

PMID: 8191550 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Maybe it won't be that bad, but I don't think going the systemic route is what you want anyway.

Carlito

Banned
Awards
Maybe it won't be that bad, but I don't think going the systemic route is what you want anyway.
I believe just like in the study that it causes reduction of bodyfat ( thick subcutaneous )assuming it goes directly to the 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase Type 1 at the level of fat cells.
We'll see. I am not saying this absolutely works but I feel there may be a chance it would, in any event I may add a few more compounds to it to counteract side effects , compounds such as Yohimbine HCL, Long jack/tribulus and 4-hydorxyleucine.

thanks,

Carlito

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Just one note. Licorice contains more actives, the other acid one (forgot the name sorry) is the one that cause a drop in test levels and probably the other bad stuff.

BTW there is one problem with the topical application. GA is used to bleach the skin from melanin stains, i think this could cause a problem on tanning.

Carlito

Banned
Awards
Just one note. Licorice contains more actives, the other acid one (forgot the name sorry) is the one that cause a drop in test levels and probably the other bad stuff.

BTW there is one problem with the topical application. GA is used to bleach the skin from melanin stains, i think this could cause a problem on tanning.
True bro,

Glycyrrhetinic acid is one of the many active componenst of Licorece and a even better option will be carbenoxolone which is a lto harder to find and way more expensive.

Carlito

Carlito

Banned
Awards
I am on it 4 ccs per day , 33mg per cc, is been 4 days and I am noticing a slight definition in the area apllied ( abdomen ) I also sweat more frequently than usual and my BP has increased...nothing new we have not experience yet, right? I got some guys testing it and I will adding some Yohimbine and caffeine to it since it seems not to be going to systemic..at least not completely.

Carlito

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I am on it 4 ccs per day , 33mg per cc, is been 4 days and I am noticing a slight definition in the area apllied ( abdomen ) I also sweat more frequently than usual and my BP has increased...nothing new we have not experience yet, right? I got some guys testing it and I will adding some Yohimbine and caffeine to it since it seems not to be going to systemic..at least not completely.

Carlito
Questions:
1. Which carrier did u use? i will either use lipoderm ultra or avant gel #3. OR DMSO, but i'm not sure of the systemic benefits if any. My fat is VERY localized.
2. Are you dosing 2 times a day, right?
3. Are you tan? Any problem with that?

PS: mail me if u got extra powder to sell: i'm having some problem with a german chem house ATM.

Carlito

Banned
Awards
Questions:
1. Which carrier did u use? i will either use lipoderm ultra or avant gel #3. OR DMSO, but i'm not sure of the systemic benefits if any. My fat is VERY localized.
2. Are you dosing 2 times a day, right?
3. Are you tan? Any problem with that?

PS: mail me if u got extra powder to sell: i'm having some problem with a german chem house ATM.
Yes,

I use my own plogel I make from scratch but is a bit greasy I may just switch to another alcohol formula I've used before consisting of Isopropyl Myristate, Isopropyl Alcohol 90% and Everclear this one is good too and is not greasy at all! but it does not dissolves well sometimes, the plogel I make dissolves everything down to the pure liquid.

I am dosing twicw daily

Is not discoloring my skin at all, either my clothing it seems to grab onto skin I may say.

I have no more powder but soon after my testers share their experiences and if positive I may a kilo from China.

Carlito

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Is not discoloring my skin at all, either my clothing it seems to grab onto skin I may say.

I have no more powder but soon after my testers share their experiences and if positive I may a kilo from China.

Carlito
OK good, thanks for the answers.
I wont start my trial before october, unless i resolve things with the supplier.
Keep us updated, please.

Carlito

Banned
Awards
OK good, thanks for the answers.
I wont start my trial before october, unless i resolve things with the supplier.
Keep us updated, please.
It is working bros !!!!!!!!!! I've been applying to my right 'love handle' and this is day# 7 at 66mgs per day divided in two dosages. I see a difference in the area applied as is reducing in size ( flattened/defined )and not just me but my wife too. The downside is that my blood pressure went from 123 to 141 in only a few days....well I just started a cycle of 400mgs of Tren E and 600mgs of Test E but I don't think I'll get the effects in only one week. I am also taking arimidex .5mg EOD and eating plenty of bananas.

Carlito

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
It is working bros !!!!!!!!!! I've been applying to my right 'love handle' and this is day# 7 at 66mgs per day divided in two dosages. I see a difference in the area applied as is reducing in size ( flattened/defined )and not just me but my wife too. The downside is that my blood pressure went from 123 to 141 in only a few days....
Great news :)
Any change in diet and cardio? In 7 days i'm pretty sure enan test and tren havent kicked in yet. But for the BP it could be the hormones. How is your girl BP (who i guess is not taking steroids)?

Carlito

Banned
Awards
I meant my wife noticed the change in me, one week is not enough to for tren e and test e to kick in bro...I know that for sure.

I'll post pictures.

Thanks,

Carlito

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
I meant my wife noticed the change in me, one week is not enough to for tren e and test e to kick in bro...I know that for sure.
I mean, did you change diet and training?

Carlito

Banned
Awards
I mean, did you change diet and training?
No bro, my diet still the same I am still doing the same amount of cardio nothing have changed...actually I have abused my diet a little bit by eating some pizza, fried chicken and other goodies lol...

Carlito

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Did you make the new order to china? i would like to buy 50-100g :)

Carlito

Banned
Awards
Thanks guys,

I can't really talk about it here and for some reason I can not send any PMs???? not sure why...please email me at [email protected] so I can explain you better. :)

Thnaks,

Carlito

italionstallion

Awards
  • Established
i'll be able to update this in a little. i have some that i will be using in probably around 4 weeks

bigpump23

Awards
can someone please email or pm me with info on where to pick this up?

joeyg

Awards
Be careful. Glycyrrhetinic acid (GA) at the doses needed for fat loss and as applied topically may cause high blood pressure. There is an abundance on research connecting the two. GA causes sodium retention, which leads to lower blood levels of potassium, hypertension, etc.

J.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Be careful. Glycyrrhetinic acid (GA) at the doses needed for fat loss and as applied topically may cause high blood pressure. There is an abundance on research connecting the two. GA causes sodium retention, which leads to lower blood levels of potassium, hypertension, etc.

J.

Agreed I hate to see anyone get banned but ... come on.. If your going to post where hundreds of people are going to be reading what you have to say..you have a moral obligation to do a proper log.

joeyg

Awards
Agreed I hate to see anyone get banned but ... come on.. If your going to post where hundreds of people are going to be reading what you have to say..you have a moral obligation to do a proper log.
On that note, I was on Targex-1 for about three weeks. I applied 12 squirts twice/day (4 to each of my love handles and 4 to my beer belly). A squirt is equal to about 1 mL. There is 40 mg/mL of glycyrrhetinic acid (GA). That means I applied about 12 * 40 or 480 mg of GA per day. After about three weeks, I went for a check-up. My cardiologist measured my BP as 140/90 -- which is hypertensive. In the past, my BP has never been above 120/75. Also, I noticed that my urine was an almost brown color (similar to Newcastle beer or Irish Red).

These are symptoms of hypokalemia or a lack of potassium in the blood. This was caused by sodium retention due to the GA. And this results in hypertension. I quit the GA two days ago. My BP is still high, though today it was measured as being borderline hypertensive. I am taking potassium supplements and drinking plenty of fluids. I hope it goes back to normal. Hypertension is _bad_.

Also, while on this stuff, I noticed that I was retaining fat elsewhere (felt and looked fatter) and that my libido was shot. Erections were floppy and half-assed. I read some more about GA. It is known to decrease testosterone, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

My advice is to stay away from this stuff, for what it's worth.

J.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro, thats what I was looking for. Im sure things will get back to normal before too long.

ryano

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, JoeyG I hope you dont think I was coming after you. I was more referring to carlito as far as the banning thing. But thanks for the input my friend.

Have some reps and pizza.:pizza:

joeyg

Awards
Sorry, JoeyG I hope you dont think I was coming after you. I was more referring to carlito as far as the banning thing. But thanks for the input my friend.

Have some reps and pizza.:pizza:
No worries. Thanks. ;)

J.