white residue after application. is this normal?

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
I have some 4-ad mixed into penetrate. the solution is homogenized, and opun application appears clear. When it dries completly (about 15 minutes later) i have noticed there is white, chaukly residue left on the area of application. This has me wondering if i'm really not absorbing the 4-ad past the skin barrier. Is this normal, or did i mess up when incorporating the powder?

also, would heating it up gently before each application be beneficial, or could it potentially mess-up (technical term) the 4-ad?

thanks.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've used Penetrate with 4ad and did not have a residue on my skin afterwards. I put 18g into an 8oz bottle. It did dry my skin out considerably, though. Is there any chance it's just dry, sloughing skin cells? Try scrubbing with a loufah (sp?) sponge prior to application to rid the skin of dead cells & see what happens. I just can't see the 4ad not getting absorbed if it's dissolved into the solution.

dd

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
18 grams, heck I could barely get in 10-12 grams. From my experience there was a faint residue left behind but easily fixed with a post application of DMSO+distilled water (20:80).

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yep 18g! I spent a lot of time chopping the powder, then heated, added 3g, mix & shake, then repeat 6 times. It stayed dissolved pretty well too. I think I may have had to heat & shake 2 or 3 additional times over the following 6 weeks.

dd

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
i think i realized my problem.

I was applying 300mg (6ml) at a time to a small area (tops of my feet), when i split it up into 150mg on my feet and then 150mg on my shoulders, there was noticably less residue. I probably oversaturated the area applying it all to one spot.

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, that makes sense. Good job figuring it out.

dd