Best location for transdermal application??????

sane1

Banned
Awards
I’m a newbie to transdermals. I would would like to know what locations on the body you can apply transdermals too? Which ones are the best? And should the areas be shaved? <o =""></o>

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]--><o =""></o>

Pretty simple and str8 forward. If anyone would like to elaborate on what makes for a good application location, please feel free.

keith1569

Awards
i like inner forearms, inner biceps, thighs, lats..basically any part that has the least amount of hair..u could always shave and then apply it anywhere

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
And where the skin is relatively thin, excluding neck and groin.

sane1

Banned
Awards
Thanx guys. Pretty simple i guess. 1 Followup BOW What is wrong with the neck and groin area???? I'm not Doubting you just wondering.

Loki

Supplement Jester
Awards
  • Established
Groin should be obvious: you don't want transdermal on your member, that **** burns

Neck should be avoided because of dermal thickness, the fact that there's usually hair on the back, and the fact that transdermal application often burns here too.

Best places, in my humble opinion, are:

- The tops of your feet
- Calves
- Delts
- Upper-arms
- Fore-arms

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
do you guys wrap the area of application in plastic wrap? or is there no need?

sane1

Banned
Awards
Thanx for both answers. I didn't realize how thick the skin around the neck area is.

Groin should be obvious: you don't want transdermal on your member, that **** burns
rolf I guess there is such a thing as a stupid question. Not only should this be obvious but who hasn't accidently sprayed colgene/aftershave down there?? Theres a reason that you only do it once.

keith1569

Awards
lol this is true...axe isnt any better lol its cold as **** lol

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
just thought i would chime in, and not make a new thread. but i'm not happy at all with penetrate, its not viscous enough, and makes application annoying and painfully slow if you want to make sure non spills over. (especially like when applying to tops of feet - not much surface area to work with)

is transport matrix more of a gel-type substance? i assume t-gel is gel-like, right?

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
just thought i would chime in, and not make a new thread. but i'm not happy at all with penetrate, its not viscous enough, and makes application annoying and painfully slow if you want to make sure non spills over. (especially like when applying to tops of feet - not much surface area to work with)

is transport matrix more of a gel-type substance? i assume t-gel is gel-like, right?

Keep in mind that effectiveness of a transdermal is related to its viscosity (higher viscosity lending itself to lower permeability). I have even found studies on Pubmed showing carbomer to decrease absorption. So while it may be inconvenient, it may be more effective (all things being equal).