Transdermal testosterone propionate

neurotic3

Awards
I was looking forward to getting some test base in order to brew a good transdermal. Unfortunately, all I could get was testosterone propionate powders, do you think that its transdermal bioavailability should be much less than that of test base? Bearing in mind that propionate's molecular weight is quite low, what do you think?

thanks in advance.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
The ester will inhibit absorption. Strip the ester using NaOH (Sodium Hydroxide or Red Devil Lye). Run a search using Sodium Hydroxide and ester as keywords.

neurotic3

Awards
The ester will inhibit absorption. Strip the ester using NaOH (Sodium Hydroxide or Red Devil Lye). Run a search using Sodium Hydroxide and ester as keywords.
The ester inhibits absortion due to the molecular weight it adds to the active principle, not because its condicion of being an ester by itself inhibits absortion. If you have a steroid base X whose molecular weight is 320 and another esteroid whose molecular weight is 250 but it's attached to an ester whose molecular weight is 70, totalling a weight of 320 also, they should have the same absortion , don't you think?
Bearing that in mind, what I'd really like to know is what bioavailabilty would I get out of test prop... 25% instead of 50% for instance?

thank you for your reply anyway, I'll look into the NaOH issue... but I'm no experienced homebrewer, so I really don't think I'm able to do that at home!

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Will it work yes, will it work well? probably not. Your already fighting an uphill battle when you apply things transdermally why make it more difficult?

Generally you want a compound with a molecular weight less then 300 to get good solid absorbtion. I believe prop is like 366 so it's not horrible but not optimal. It's your choice really.

neurotic3

Awards
Given the fact that as far as homebrewing is concerned I'm as newbie as I get I wouldn't want to risk wasting my product trying to remove the esters. After all, I wasn't even able to remove binders&fillers from aldactone tabs, due to problems with the filtering process thru coffee filters... so I guess that this is even more troublesome than removing binders&fillers from that, so I'd probably screw it.
I thought that, as many people were using transdermal trenbolone without saponifying the ester, I'd also be able to successfully use test prop transdermal. :(

Thank you for your help. You're all great guys and you have a vast knowledge about these issues.