PH-gels: best value and best quality

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
out of all of these which is the best in quality and value?

dermabolics transport matrix - 4 oz holds 7.5g. $24.99
nutraplanet penetrate - 8oz holds 15g. $14.99
t-gel - 4oz holds 12g. $19.99

so it seems that penetrate is the best value, because it holds the most and is also the cheapest. Am i right in thinking this?

couple more questions:
and do any of these require to be heated when using with 4-ad?

also, what is the value of adding DMSO? and how much should added?

by the way, does DMSO go by any other name?

unrelated, what is PEG and what is used for?

thanks,

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Omar, add 10% of DMSO to your mix. So if it was 240ml, you would add 24 ml DMSO. I have seen where absorbtion is increased 5% by doing so and maybe higher. Here is the thread. I plan on trying Penetrate in the future.

former_SlimJim

Board Supporter
Awards
out of all of these which is the best in quality and value?

dermabolics transport matrix - 4 oz holds 7.5g. $24.99
nutraplanet penetrate - 8oz holds 15g. $14.99
t-gel - 4oz holds 12g. $19.99

so it seems that penetrate is the best value, because it holds the most and is also the cheapest. Am i right in thinking this?

couple more questions:
and do any of these require to be heated when using with 4-ad?

also, what is the value of adding DMSO? and how much should added?

by the way, does DMSO go by any other name?

unrelated, what is PEG and what is used for?

thanks,
As far as penetration goes, t-gel is probably better than the other two. It includes DMFA (similar to DMSO), IPM, and a higher amount of d-lim. All are penetration enhancers.

Transport matrix, Penetrate, and CNW's Customizing gel are all the same ingredients and in the same order, which means they are mostly identical. By the way,Transport matrix is now selling for $9.99.

DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is a solvent and penetration enhancer. You can add 10% into the matrix without irritation. Instead, I use it as a pretreat about 5 minutes before using a transdermal. I use a 30% solution in distilled water and apply it with a cottonball without problems. I'm not talking running down my sides and dripping on the floor either - just a good wet layer.

PEG (Polyethylene glycol) is a water-soluble, polymer that is used to make gels and solids with specific melting points. As the molecular weight of PEG increases, viscosity (thickening action) and freezing/melting point increases. If my memory is correct, PEG 600 melts slightly under room temp and PEG 1450 melts at body temp (suppository base).

If you mean PG (propylene glycol), that is a solvent, humectant, and penetration enhancer.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
As far as penetration goes, t-gel is probably better than the other two. It includes DMFA (similar to DMSO), IPM, and a higher amount of d-lim. All are penetration enhancers.

Transport matrix, Penetrate, and CNW's Customizing gel are all the same ingredients and in the same order, which means they are mostly identical. By the way,Transport matrix is now selling for $9.99.

DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) is a solvent and penetration enhancer. You can add 10% into the matrix without irritation. Instead, I use it as a pretreat about 5 minutes before using a transdermal. I use a 30% solution in distilled water and apply it with a cottonball without problems. I'm not talking running down my sides and dripping on the floor either - just a good wet layer.

PEG (Polyethylene glycol) is a water-soluble, polymer that is used to make gels and solids with specific melting points. As the molecular weight of PEG increases, viscosity (thickening action) and freezing/melting point increases. If my memory is correct, PEG 600 melts slightly under room temp and PEG 1450 melts at body temp (suppository base).

If you mean PG (propylene glycol), that is a solvent, humectant, and penetration enhancer.
nice, thanks for the thorough response.

oh, and why the hell does 1fast400's site say transport matrix is $24.99?
this kind of pisses me off because i would have rather gotten the transport matrix over the penetrate had i known.

actually i have a couple more questions regarding application.

i'm going to by applying the gel to the tops of my feet, is it necessery that i wrap them in plastic wrap after i'm done?
also, is absorbtion of the PH gel affected by applying it to an area of my body that has some fat, like quads, chest, stomach, etc.?

former_SlimJim

Board Supporter
Awards
nice, thanks for the thorough response.

oh, and why the hell does 1fast400's site say transport matrix is $24.99?

this kind of pisses me off because i would have rather gotten the transport matrix over the penetrate had i known.
It is 1fast400 that is selling transport matrix for $9.99. Not sure when the price went down, but I'm sure it had to do with the competition. Penetrate is still a better price than two bottles of the other.

speakle

DONT F$*# WITH MY NUTS!
Awards
1fast now offers the 8oz transport matrix for $15

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
do these guys have dmso to add if you request it from them?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I highly recommend making it yourself - look up the BDC homebrew recipe on this site. With a little tweaking it was more effective than anything Ive purchased.