Did I Mess Up?

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
I mixed 10 grams of test base with 100ml's of Phlojel. I let it sit overnight assuming the ethanol alcohol would dissolve the powder. As stated on the directions. However I applied it today and it is grainy. Will the Phlojel still get actual testosterone to the blood or did I just waste my powder? (no biggie, stuff is cheaper than free dirt)

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
IIRC, Triceptor (@ Avant) mentioned that it could take days for the graininess of ingredients to go away.
Here's a link to the thread: Transdermal Base Homebrew
Thanks. Next time I may use the alcohol paste method, but that is kinda contradictory because it says on the phlojel website that their product is more effective because it isn't an alcohol based, so I think avoiding alcohol would be the ideal way to compound it.

pjsallday

Awards
Did you ever find a solution to this loz?

pjs

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Or just compound your own and disolve the test in the liquid phase before combining the liquid and oil phases. That's actually how plo gell is meant to be compounded anyway.

From the attached link.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa4101/is_200305/ai_n9260866

Q: Of what does PLO consist?

MJ: PLO is an emulsion that has the appearance and feel of a gel. It consists of Pluronic F-127 20% to 30% (the aqueous phase of the formula) and a lipid phase of equal parts of lecithin and either isopropyl palmitate or isopropyl myristate (about 20% by weight or 22% by volume). Pluronic F-127 20% or 30% (a thermoreversible gel that must be refrigerated to ensure fluidity) and the combination of lecithin and isopropyl palmitate or isopropyl myristate (a solution) are made separately or can be purchased ready-made and are then usually combined with the active drug and a solvent by shear force (syringe to syringe for small volumes, electronic mortar and pestle, ointment mill). Shear force, which produces a micelle (bilayer, liposome) (Figure 1) that is small and uniform in size, must be used in the preparation of PLO. We know that when a PLO is prepared in a beaker or with a mortar and pestle, it just doesn't work as well clinic-ally as when shear force is used to prepare it. PLO must be made by a compounding pharmacist and is obtained by prescription for the individual patient. It is not available in different strengths. The use of medications in PLO to treat human patients runs the whole gamut.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
Thanks. Next time I may use the alcohol paste method, but that is kinda contradictory because it says on the phlojel website that their product is more effective because it isn't an alcohol based, so I think avoiding alcohol would be the ideal way to compound it.
adding some ethyl as a solvent to get the powder into a paste is not the same as a transdermal that is primarily alcohol based. you can add up to 10% ethyl to phlojel ultra and not compromise the delivery properties. quite often, however, you can avoid using any solvent if you triturate the powder with a mortar and pestle to reduce it to the finest powder and then blend directly into phlojel ultra