LeMelange, not impressed so far

oilstain

Awards
Well, I really liked the Le Melange site, and the ordering process was smooth, but I was shocked to see the shipping work out to be so expensive. It would have been nice to know how much it was before being charged for it.

But whatever, what I am rather disappointed in is, after some time waiting, I emailed Melissa to ask for a tracking number, a few more days passed and I finally got one. It took TWELVE days to pack my order and have it shipped. That’s pretty slow, especially considering I was charged $24.76 for shipping and handling.

That 25 bucks or so, is about a third of my order price. I don't mind paying lots of money for shipping, I know the box will be pretty heavy, but for so much I'd expect way faster turn around.

I never read anything about this while doing (extensive) research, so I figured I'd put it out here. I hope this was an isolated incident, and I was just unlucky.

And, doesn't it figure, that the last mail-order item I need takes longer to ship than anything else I've ever bought online!

tiggermoon

tiggermoon

Awards
for what it's worth,

i have placed orders with them and when something seemed to be taking a long time comeing i would write a polite(be nice, a gentle word turneth away wrath) e-mail and got a reply the next day explaining the delay and when exactely my order was to be shipped.

despite sometimes slow arrival i have yet to hear of anyone being ripped-off from that store. sometimes something is out of stock and your whole order will be delayed waiting for it. :thumbsup:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Well, I really liked the Le Melange site, and the ordering process was smooth, but I was shocked to see the shipping work out to be so expensive. It would have been nice to know how much it was before being charged for it.

But whatever, what I am rather disappointed in is, after some time waiting, I emailed Melissa to ask for a tracking number, a few more days passed and I finally got one. It took TWELVE days to pack my order and have it shipped. That’s pretty slow, especially considering I was charged $24.76 for shipping and handling.

That 25 bucks or so, is about a third of my order price. I don't mind paying lots of money for shipping, I know the box will be pretty heavy, but for so much I'd expect way faster turn around.

I never read anything about this while doing (extensive) research, so I figured I'd put it out here. I hope this was an isolated incident, and I was just unlucky.

And, doesn't it figure, that the last mail-order item I need takes longer to ship than anything else I've ever bought online!
Nice first post oilstain. :sad:

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
There is a number on the site to call. I called her about a pack that was taking a long time. She shipped it right out. I try to remember that we are dealing with human beings when dealing with these companies and they are not flawless.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Their shipping has always been slow even for products that are in stock. I've never received and order within two weeks from them in fact. Perhaps we been spoiled by such great customer service and turnaround from cnw and ds.

oilstain

Awards
Nice first post oilstain. :sad:
Nice 613th post. :rolleyes: I read a lot, I don't post a lot.

I didn't write that to ruffle feathers, I simply wanted it out there so that others could benefit from my experience when they searched. I am not recommending using other sites, and I will have no problem using LeMelange in the future. I will however, know not to expect blindingly fast turn around times.

I research before I buy anything online, and finding posts about negative experiences with a business are just as important (if not more so) than positive reviews.

In BDC's post that recommends LeMelange, he mentions that there is a premium for being able to order all the ingredients in one place. That is honest and helpful. By reading that, you learn that it will be a bit pricier. If there are more people that have had slow turn around (3 out of the first 4 replies), then perhaps we should let people know that it may take a bit longer than you would expect to receive your package. Just so they know what to expect.

In my case, I have no reason to call, since it is now in the mail. I was just expecting it to arrive earlier, but it hadn't been sent, so I was suprised.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
One of the things you have to remember is that some of the shipping is a hazardous materials fee that UPS or USPS charges them directly..

cobra1414

Awards
They've always shipped my orders out next day. The shipping is a bit pricey though.

Can't complain considering they're a small business that carries a lot of hard to find items.

db682

Awards
  • Established
I usually recieve my packages within 2 days of ordering. That maybe because Im about 50-100 miles from where it ships from. And my shipping charges arent that bad either. I guess Im spoiled. 2 thumbs up here.

db

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
I actually live in Wellington, FL so I just call Melissa and go by her store, (well actually its not a store front just a unit in one of those industrial strips) and pick my stuff up in person. No shipping charge and same day service. She is a very nice lady and works as hard as she can. It is just her and her big dog, who I think he is there to protect her, as she is always the only one there).
Just be aware she is just one person and runs her own place. She is nice and seems to work hard and I have seen this first hand for myself. Just an FYI that maybe puts things in better perspective.
SP

slinger

Awards
I ordered from them and Im on the other side of the country in Canada also and after I ordered I had it in a week very fast. .................slinger.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I have no complaints about LeMelange. Always received my orders in a timely fashion without any problems.

oilstain

Awards
Just thought I'd let you all know that my order arrived today. All accounted for, so I'm happy enough.

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Another point to remember is that unlike a lot (if not all) the other companies we deal with, LeMelange doesn't just cater to the bb community...

ManBeast

Brfish

Brfish

Board Supporter
Awards
I actually live in Wellington, FL so I just call Melissa and go by her store, (well actually its not a store front just a unit in one of those industrial strips) and pick my stuff up in person. No shipping charge and same day service. She is a very nice lady and works as hard as she can. It is just her and her big dog, who I think he is there to protect her, as she is always the only one there).
Just be aware she is just one person and runs her own place. She is nice and seems to work hard and I have seen this first hand for myself. Just an FYI that maybe puts things in better perspective.
SP
Is her store in the industrial area near Pierson Park? I live in the area and plan to call her then pickup my order as well.

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
Is her store in the industrial area near Pierson Park? I live in the area and plan to call her then pickup my order as well.
YES I think so. Is that the park off of pierson road near where it meets fairlane farms road? If so then that is the right place.
If you know where the water treament is, there is a park there with b-ball courts etc. It is right after that on the south side of Pierson road right before you get to the Fairlane Farms intersection. I think its fortune way or circle. The first time I had the exact address but now I just "know" where it is and go. If you are headed East on Pierson coming from South Shore after you pass the Park make a right on Fortune, then a quick left and her parking lot area will be straight ahead 200-300 yards. If you are coming from Forest Hill, go down Fairlane Farms and make a right on Pierson, then take your second left on Fortune then the quick left. Melissa also drives a jeep cherokee that is parked in front of her door. Just call her ahead of time, let her know what you need and that you live in the area and would prefer to pick it up at such and such time. Try to have the exact amount in cash for her if you can.
SP