Adding Hair Loss Prevention to regular shampoos?

Forum User X

Awards
I am taking Nizoral 1% for dandruff and its very good at doing that. However I'm taking DHT right now and noticed my scalp is itchy at the back, which of course concerns me. I don't have MPB on any member of my mother's side, especially my mother's father. So I was wondering if I could say get Spiro 5%, mix it with Nizoral Shampoo and would it work? Has anyone tried this? I just want to prevent hair loss and thought this could be a good way to tackle that issue. Thanks.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
I was wondering the same thing about 5% Minoxidil, if I could mix it with my 1 percent nizoral.

Forum User X

Awards
I suppose there is one way of finding out. I imagine you have to empty is contents in a container, add in whatever heat it up and mix it and funnel it back in. It'd be a lot more convienient for me to do this. I'll give it a shot.

enimity

Awards
Um....how does that work when you are meant to wash out the shampoo after say 5 minutes though leave on the spiro which absorbs over 8 hours and is meant to be applied twice a day.

Also once you mix it how will you know how much of either product you are using?

Xanthine

Awards
Hey I'm new and this is 'mah 1st post :)

The minoxidil is best left on at least an hour before shampooing....say if you applied in the morning as soon as you get up...have breakfast get ready or train or whatever you do....it's fine to wash it out after it's dried...so an hour is ample time.

Using Nizoral at the same time as your application of minoxidil (or combining the two) would just not work. The minoxidil would be rinsed off as you rinse the suds off your hair from the nizoral.

enimity

Awards
Hey I'm new and this is 'mah 1st post :)

The minoxidil is best left on at least an hour before shampooing....say if you applied in the morning as soon as you get up...have breakfast get ready or train or whatever you do....it's fine to wash it out after it's dried...so an hour is ample time.

Using Nizoral at the same time as your application of minoxidil (or combining the two) would just not work. The minoxidil would be rinsed off as you rinse the suds off your hair from the nizoral.
I am pretty sure he is talking about %5 spiro and not minoxidil.

travbedaman

travbedaman

Awards
  • Established
I am taking Nizoral 1% for dandruff and its very good at doing that. However I'm taking DHT right now and noticed my scalp is itchy at the back, which of course concerns me. I don't have MPB on any member of my mother's side, especially my mother's father. So I was wondering if I could say get Spiro 5%, mix it with Nizoral Shampoo and would it work? Has anyone tried this? I just want to prevent hair loss and thought this could be a good way to tackle that issue. Thanks.
NO, Spiro is best absorbed through the scalp over a slow period of time and will not be of any benefit to just leave it on your head for 5 or 10 minutes with Nizoral. You are best off the use them separately.

By the way, DHT is the best thing to use if you truly hate your hair.

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
While on the subject, anyway to get Nizoral 2% without prescription?

asap nutrition

Awards
  • Established
Hey bro. WHat is Spiro? Help me out here.