m1t transdrmal

NEMO1975

Awards
would a transdermal m1t work any good, I know its methalated but what if you can avoid the first pass of the liver and just go right into the blood stream since it does not have to go through any conversion.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
No, i believe the methylation makes the molecule to large to pass through the skin.

NEMO1975

Awards
i've seen transdermal products with m4ad in it i think it was mad by lg

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It may burn right through your skin. Then you could apply the td m1t directly to the muscle. :rofl:

dd

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
It probably will burn far worse than even 1-test. I remember homebrew orals and that was some nasty stuff, thus I imagine a trans would be just as bad. Even if you don't mind the burning I don't see the need for a trans. Methylation is supposed to protect against first pass metabolism increasing bioavailability significantly. With a trabns you'll only see about 30% bio but with oral m1t I imagine it should be much higher.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
I don't think there would be any logical reason to do an M1T transdermal.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
the only reason methylation is used as a process is to create a scenario whereby ORAL administration becomes extremely effective. To use it t/d would be completely defeating the purpose. Not a flame, but this question is better suited at BB.com...

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Not a flame, but this question is better suited at BB.com...
I don't know milwood. I think that may actually be categorized as a flame. :D

dd

NEMO1975

Awards
easy killer....but let me ask u this do these methylated products do the most damage to your liver on the first pass or second pass through the liver?

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
"do these methylated products do the most damage to your liver on the first pass or second pass through the liver?"<!-- / message -->

That I don't know. The methylation keeps the liver from destroying the steroid, but the side effect is hepatoxicity.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
"do these methylated products do the most damage to your liver on the first pass or second pass through the liver?"<!-- / message -->

That I don't know. The methylation keeps the liver from destroying the steroid, but the side effect is hepatoxicity.
Most of the damage would occur on the first pass but to understand why we need to understand drug metabolism.

Most drugs are absorbed in the small intestine. This means that the drug must be able to survive travelling through your stomach. From the small intestine the drug is absorbed into the blood and travels to the liver through the portal vein. The drug must travel through the liver so that it can be processed or metabolized by the body. Metabolism means breaking down the drug for distribution around the rest of the body and, in the end, clearance or excretion from the body. The liver may form metabolites, or changed chemical versions of the drug, as part of this process. Some drugs are almost completely gotten rid of the first time they travel through the liver. This is called first-pass metabolism.

Thus the greatest amount of drug present is in the first pass and each subsequent pass sees a reduction in the amount of the drug due to systematic delivery which causes metabolism and binding in other organs/cells.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Thanks ersatz, that's good info! Do you know much about how the methylation affects the liver in particular, or is it simply a matter of being a toxic substance that the liver has to process?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 22
Anabolics 25
Supplement Auction 2
Cycle Logs 10