Androgel 101?

texasfinest2

texasfinest2

Awards
So my pot dealer has a bunch of Androgel... Ive never researched transdermals.. I want to give it a try. Couple of questions.. How much should I pay? How much do I need to run a cycle? How long is a cycle? What's a pct look like by itself? Any experienced users? Just the 411 basically.. Or is it a waste of time? Thanks guys

Sent from my purple Tapatalk using http://www.swoldiers.net/

jmhf7

Awards
I wanted some info on this too. Damn, no answers. I guess the best bet would be to ask either a doctor or the pharmaceutical company itself

jrv1939

jrv1939

Awards
androgel packets/bottles etc

I love androgel- been using it for 6 months. It gives me a nice boost or leveling of t-levels. Especially with smoking weed, sometimes your levels go down.

Your lucky to have someone with some, but it typically runs expensive even with prescription. I get a generic version at androrxshop. google buy generic androgel.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but i've had good results. If you have any more questions - I may be able to answer them.... or try to ;)

Thomasxavier

Awards
Androgel is weak, that's no cycle. I used to have a prescription. You could rub it all over your body, and would have to do that twice a day everyday to reach steroidal levels, and that's from the engineers who made it themselves.

It isn't designed to give the effects of injectable test...

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
It will give a nice test base for a cycle but that's about it. Don expect much from it unless your natural levels are in the toilet to begin with.

Sent from my iPhone

CardsBigMac

Awards
I love androgel- been using it for 6 months. It gives me a nice boost or leveling of t-levels. Especially with smoking weed, sometimes your levels go down.

Your lucky to have someone with some, but it typically runs expensive even with prescription. I get a generic version at androrxshop. google buy generic androgel.

Good luck with whatever you decide, but i've had good results. If you have any more questions - I may be able to answer them.... or try to ;)
I've been using a transdermal from androrxshop. Not too bad on the wallet. Works just as well if not better than what I got from my Dr.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I've been using a transdermal from androrxshop. Not too bad on the wallet. Works just as well if not better than what I got from my Dr.
What results should one expect from androxshops gel? Just a little "test" boost or actually muscle mass?

jrv1939

jrv1939

Awards
What results should one expect from androxshops gel? Just a little "test" boost or actually muscle mass?
It's the same as Androgel - active ingredient wise. My friend had one that he gave me one to try. It lasted me a month or so for a pump a day (5mg). pretty great for the price, i've since bought my own from there and the androrxshop gel seems slightly stronger.

I noticed a great increase in the first few days. Sex drive. Metabolism. Then, muscle started bulking more. Id recommend it.

larryv1977

larryv1977

Awards
I've been prescribed it. Works well to get t-levels back to normal. If they are normal, then using it will do what the others spoke of. I haven't heard of androrxshop. Who knows... It's the active ingredient that matters. So long as it has that at stated levels.

larryv1977

larryv1977

Awards
Since I bought some from androrxshop right after this last post I can say it works just as good as AndroGel. As for the test boost, yeah, it works. I've been using AndroGel for the past 6 months and it's increased my sex drive, metabolism and when I work out my muscle mass greatly improves. But that's me, I'd suggest testing after you get a bottle.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Since I bought some from androrxshop right after this last post I can say it works just as good as AndroGel. As for the test boost, yeah, it works. I've been using AndroGel for the past 6 months and it's increased my sex drive, metabolism and when I work out my muscle mass greatly improves. But that's me, I'd suggest testing after you get a bottle.
Thanks for letting us know!

flarestar

Awards
where do you find this shop? oh and when i was on prescription i was paying $120 for a month supply of gel packets regular strength not that new 1.62% they work well at first then i guess i form some type of resistence to the transdermal

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
I pay $20 a month now for two bottles of Androgel 1.62. Without insurance it is $824. What a racket.

Sent from my iPhone

flarestar

Awards
I pay $20 a month now for two bottles of Androgel 1.62. Without insurance it is $824. What a racket.

Sent from my iPhone
wow i wish i had your insurance. mine sucks and i work in a hospital lol

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Sent from my iPhone
Same here - mine is $20 per month....but then again my insurance premium is $400 a month so someone is still making out good:p

flarestar

Awards
if i ever do go back on TRT i definitely will be getting injections instead of the gel. after a few months on the gel my levels were like 232 up from 194. and it was my thyroid that was the problem all along my doc ignored the labs so i ended up going to an endocrinologist.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
btw, how do you like Androgel 1.62?
I like it. Im using four pumps daily and seem to be feeling really good with that. Not sure what my levels are at since my follow up bloods for this dose is in March. The gel is sometimes a bit of a pain but Ive been on it for a year now and I just dont even really think about it anymore. Over time ill probably switch to injections but like my doctor said, this closely mimics the natural daily curve whereas injections do not.

RobW52

Awards
I'm 60 and had T levels of 350-ish the past 2 yrs on my annual physicals. Was told that it was normal although I had several symptoms of low-T. Finally got someone to prescribe it on a 2 month trial/experimental basis to see how it worked. As for the anabolic effects, I started with 4 pumps for around the 1st 8 days then up'ed it to 6 pumps for 4 or 5 days at which point I went back down to 4 to conserve it. At approx. the end of the 5th week I went to 6 pumps again for 5 days before getting tested. My total T came back > or = 1500 meaning it could have been higher as I think that's the threshold of that particular testing method. I thought the blood draw site might have been contaminated with some subcutaneous T residue but then my E2 came back at 72 so my T may have actually been that high. I had been applying small amounts to the jewels so that could have been spiking it.
Whatever though...to get to the point, over the past few weeks I've been able to train each body part I train once every 3-4 days instead of once every 6-7 days like before (I use short, fairly intense workouts), I've been able to add at least 5 pounds every workout to every exercise for the same number of sets/reps and I've put 1/2" on my upper arms so I do think I'm getting an anabolic effect without exceeding the recommended dosage. Of course maybe I just absorb it better than most people. And this isn't really brand new muscle or strength considering I had 17 1/4" arms 15 years ago. After that I had a 5 yr layoff and then have lifted on and off since then. But this is the 1st time I've been able to get my arms to 16" in the last 10 yrs. (due to age/low T???)
I think the key to getting any potential anabolic effect is 1. how well you absorb it of course, but also how/where you apply it may have a great deal to do with it. I always use it directly after a hot shower, I use areas of skin that have the least amount of body fat, I massage it in real well a little bit at a time and I slightly wet my hands afterward and remove as much as I can and apply it to other parts of my body (including jewels which is a high-absorbtion area but considered a no-no). I then leave it on my hands for at least an hour so as not to waste any at all (I'm retired and at home most of the time with no danger of transferal to anyone)
What I'm saying is that under the right circumstances, despite people saying that it is worthless for anabolic effect, that you can use it for that purpose even at the 7.5g-10g possibly, and if not at those doses I think very likely at a 'more than recommended' dosage of say 15-20g, and if applied optimally.
The only problem is that you won't know exactly what your levels are until you get tested , plus it could get expensive even at the lower doses. But I guess those could be issues with any type of cycle.

Invictys

Awards
Androgel 1.62% has 20.25 mg per pump and the max dose is 4 pumps according to the manufacturer (I read that higher transdermal doses increase E2 significantly so that's why the 4 pump max but not an expert so don't take my word for it).

anyway the point is at 4 pumps that's 81 mg per day at an absorption rate of 8-10% according to the manufacturer so that's 8.1 mg per day if you get 10% absorption.

8.1 mg per day of test is only 56.7 mg per week of test which is total garbage for a cycle obviously and roughly equivalent to a test cyp. injection of 85 mg or so after removal of esters.

TLDR: Even at 4 times the recommended max dose (16 pumps of 1.62%) you'd only be absorbing 226.8 mg of test per week making it insufficient for any real cycle not to mention E2 consequences