Phlojel feedback?

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. New Member
    jxhopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    119
    Rep Power
    202
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    24.01%

    Phlojel feedback?


    I'm looking for feedback from members who have tried this. Any feedback?

    Thanks

  2. New Member
    Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    36
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    72.27%

    Im using it with 4AD, approx. 150mg/ml. Works well, just a bitch to compound and put into a pump bottle. Better have some 90% Isopropyl Alch on hand to make it runny enough to go through the pump if going that way. All in all though, definitely worth it, good absorbtion.
  3. New Member
    Buc4Life04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    320
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    73.16%

    Wondering what you put it in and how but 4ad is not the most difficult
    thing to put in.
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    641
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    11.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Some of your questions might be answered in this thread:
    http://forum.avantlabs.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=12587

    Buc-- triceptor says he puts the phlojel into a large syringe (60ml) and measures it out that way. Others put it in some kind of jar and weigh each dose (1ml phlojel weighs about 1g).
  5. New Member
    Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    36
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    72.27%

    I reused a t-gel bottle and pump, kinda messy, but works well.
  6. New Member
    J_MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    80.95%

    ok I've been looking for someone who has experience with both dermal gels. So what do you think comparing phlojel to t-gel?
  7. Senior Member
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    641
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    11.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    J_Man: Check my link in message 4. Also, we may see more testimonials comparing these products that phlojel is easier to find in a $20 jar.
  8. New Member
    J_MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    80.95%

    yeah thanks bro but I've already read that entire thread, from when you posted it here somewhere else. and I also asked the same question in that thread but got no response.
  9. Senior Member
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    641
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    11.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Sorry.

    I've asked the question before too. Triceptor has an opinion about this, but no one seems to have reported a first hand comparison of both products. The best you can do is to look at phlojel's usage in the medical community and come up with bioavailability numbers from that.
  10. New Member
    J_MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Age
    32
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    159
    Level
    7
    Lv. Percent
    80.95%

    yep I'm looking up info about it, But since Brock said he used an old t-gel botle to put his phlojel in; I think it's a pretty safe assumption that he's used both. Brock? input?
  11. New Member
    Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Age
    36
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    230
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    72.27%

    Honestly, I liked them both. I could tell a distinct difference with the phlojel since I used the same amounts of 4AD applied a day and I bloated more on the phlojel than T-gel. I think the absorbtion rate of the phlojel is definitely higher because of this bloating, maybe around 15-20% I would guess. The T-gel is easier to compound, but the phlojel dried faster and didnt run as much as the t-gel when I did sweat. I bought a 450g jar for $60, and at an average of 120ml in T-gel bottles, it should last 3.5 bottles or around there. If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the phlojel again, but thats me.
  12. Senior Member
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    641
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    11.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Hmm... I think you can get more than 3.5 bottles out of it. Triceptor came up something like 62g 4AD in jar of phlojel (450g).
  13. Registered User
    Strateg0s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Age
    39
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    511
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    25.38%

    90g in a 450g tub (200mg/ml), which would be equivalent to 6 bottles of T-Gel (50mg/ml)
  14. Radio Host
    triceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    517713

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers
    Honestly, I liked them both. I could tell a distinct difference with the phlojel since I used the same amounts of 4AD applied a day and I bloated more on the phlojel than T-gel. I think the absorbtion rate of the phlojel is definitely higher because of this bloating, maybe around 15-20% I would guess. The T-gel is easier to compound, but the phlojel dried faster and didnt run as much as the t-gel when I did sweat. I bought a 450g jar for $60, and at an average of 120ml in T-gel bottles, it should last 3.5 bottles or around there. If I had to choose between the two, I would go with the phlojel again, but thats me.
    IMHO you will get a much higher delivery rate without all the alcohol. I agree, PJU is a bit of a bitch to compound. The traditional squirt bottle transdermals are much easier. Just add powder and shake. However, I believe if you give it a try you will find even better results with the batch being thicker. My favorite TD batch is 150mg 4AD/ 50mg 4OHT per ml. You will need a 60ml syringe. Tkae 9g of 4AD and 3g of 4OHT in a concave bowl or mortar. Add 3 to 5 ml of ethyl and levigate with a pestal or spatula and be sure to break down the 4OHT as the 4AD will blend easily into the ethyl. Once you have a paste weigh out the balance of PJU to make up the 60ml. So if you used 4ml of ethyl and you have a total of 12g of powder, you will need 44ml of PJU. PJU is almost 1:1 ratio of volume to weight. 1ml of PJU weighs 1.01g, so weight out 43.5g of PJU and add it to your paste in equal portions. Blend well and thoroughly. Once completed, open a new 60ml syringe, pull the plunger out and load the batch into the back with a spatula. Let it sit overnight.

    When you add more than 10% alcohol in an effort to make it more towards a liquid you are reducing the lecithins ability to suround the drug. The way a lecithin based organogel works is the lecithin encapsulates the drug in a circle of molecules. It disrupts the cells of the stratum korneum and carries the drug in along with itself sort of like a trojan horse. I realize it's a pain in the ass to compound, but I promise you get better results. Also, as Strateg0s has pointed out, shower, scrub the area and shave any hair. I also like to take a little niacin right before I go to train in an effort to get more of the drug into my system. The niacin flush open small blood pathways that scavange the drug deposited right beneath the skin by the transdermal. I call it my transdermal turbo charge.

    I mix a batch of some type of TD very regularly. I can bang out a batch of TD starting with a raw powder in about 15 minutes real time. Once you have it down, its very quick. Having the right tools helps.
  15. Senior Member
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    641
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    11.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    How much niacin are you taking for this purpose? Thanks.
  16. Radio Host
    triceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    517713

    Quote Originally Posted by rrgg
    How much niacin are you taking for this purpose? Thanks.
    200mg usually gives me a niacin flush. If you've never taken niacin in larger than 50mg doses before, you may want to start out at 100mg and work your way up. High doses of niacin causes severe itching if you're not accoustomed to it. It only last for about 15 minutes.
  17. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    pu12en12g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    884
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    83.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    Thanks guys. Great thread so far ! !
  18. Registered User
    wojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1100
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    27.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    anyone ever use these guys?
  19. Registered User
    wojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    1,902
    Rep Power
    1100
    Level
    33
    Lv. Percent
    27.52%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    anyone ever use these guys? Phlojel feedback?
  20. Board Supporter
    doggzj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    951
    Rep Power
    598
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    45.08%

    I'm probably going to use Plogel for my upcoming cycle. It was stated that if frozen it will separate and will not be able to go back into solution. If it is shipped in the winter, wouldn't it freeze? Any comments?
  21. Radio Host
    triceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    517713

    I've only seen one jar that actually froze and it was due to the fact that the mail man in question left the package in an outside mailbox on a day of below 30 degrees and the recipien didn't check his mail till the next day. I stand to be corrected but PLO Gel will freeze as well under these same conditions. Also, once frozen PhloJel doesn't seperate, however, some of the oil comes to the top but can easily be mixed back in.

    Every package has a large label on it that says "Protect From Freezing". Most postal carriers will deliver sucha package to an indoor point such as the office of an apartment complex or ring your door bell, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by doggzj
    I'm probably going to use Plogel for my upcoming cycle. It was stated that if frozen it will separate and will not be able to go back into solution. If it is shipped in the winter, wouldn't it freeze? Any comments?
  22. Senior Member
    rrgg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    1,018
    Rep Power
    641
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    11.85%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    For what it's worth, I've shipped tropical plants to New England in mid-winter without trouble. You could get lucky.
  23. Board Supporter
    former_SlimJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Age
    46
    Posts
    140
    Rep Power
    195
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    31.12%

    Quote Originally Posted by triceptor
    I've only seen one jar that actually froze and it was due to the fact that the mail man in question left the package in an outside mailbox on a day of below 30 degrees and the recipien didn't check his mail till the next day. I stand to be corrected but PLO Gel will freeze as well under these same conditions. Also, once frozen PhloJel doesn't seperate, however, some of the oil comes to the top but can easily be mixed back in.

    Every package has a large label on it that says "Protect From Freezing". Most postal carriers will deliver sucha package to an indoor point such as the office of an apartment complex or ring your door bell, etc.
    Yeah I'm the guy that had his PJU freeze. The mail comes several hours before I get home from work. It was out in the cold for several hours. After it thawed, I remixed it and made a small batch and it worked just fine. I'm on my second batch now and the jar of PJU separated very little between the batches.
  24. CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
    pu12en12g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,119
    Rep Power
    884
    Level
    25
    Lv. Percent
    83.19%
    Achievements Posting Pro

    any more feedback ?

    Also.. has anyone had to use Bacardi 151 ?
  25. Senior Member
    exnihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    926
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.97%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Hrm. I think that Phlojel with a little DMSO and limonene added is going to be on my list of things to try.
  26. Radio Host
    triceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    517713

    you can add DMSO and/or d-limonine to PJU to enhance penetration. below is my post regarding this over at Avant forum. please pay attention to the recommended % if you choose to incorporate these penetration enhancers.

    If you want to increase the amount of drug penetrating the skin (the epidermis) at a given concentration in the base then incorporating an additional penetration enhancer in the base might accomplish this. Common types of penetration enhancers in this context are menthol (1-3%), propylene glycol (5-10%), DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide, 5-15%) and d-limonene (1-3%). By their very nature they a tendency to disrupt the structure of the skin as well as the delivery system, PHLOJEL Ultra. Hence, products containing these are thin, more like a lotion but useable and effective. Menthol is a crystalline substance that requires considerable particle size reduction (levigation) in order to incorporate it and it has a strong odor and cooling sensation on the skin. DMSO is a strong penetration enhancer but is nonspecific with respect to what penetrates the skin (formulation ingredients also penetrate the skin significantly). Propylene glycol simply disrupts the water structure of skin allowing penetration through pores in the skin. D-limonene has been widely studied in Japan and has been shown to possess signifcant penetration power for a number of drugs applied from simple bases. It's related to menthol but doesn't have the disadvantages of menthol.
  27. Banned
    Carlito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    24.42%

    I make my own Plogel

    Carlito
  28. Radio Host
    triceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    517713

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlito
    I make my own Plogel

    Carlito
    PhloJel is not a PLO. It has several other components that PLO's don't have and most notably, PhloJel does not have an Pluronic in it.
  29. Banned
    Carlito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    42
    Posts
    100
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    9
    Lv. Percent
    24.42%

    Quote Originally Posted by triceptor
    PhloJel is not a PLO. It has several other components that PLO's don't have and most notably, PhloJel does not have an Pluronic in it.
    Thanks for clearing that up , the Plogel I make is made of lecithin granules, Iso Palmitate, 90% isop alcohol , H2O, d-limonene and a surfactant blend of oils...it works well.

    BTW, do you know of any link where I can find a chart of molecular weights of hormones?

    Thanks,

    Carlito
  30. Radio Host
    triceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,065
    Rep Power
    517713

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlito
    Thanks for clearing that up , the Plogel I make is made of lecithin granules, Iso Palmitate, 90% isop alcohol , H2O, d-limonene and a surfactant blend of oils...it works well.

    BTW, do you know of any link where I can find a chart of molecular weights of hormones?

    Thanks,

    Carlito
    PLO stands for Pluronic Lecithin Organogel. If you don't have any Pluronic in you formulation then you truely can't refer to it as a PLO gel. It would be classified as an LBO (Lecithin Based Organogel). You can find molecular weights as well as other information on various drugs and compounds here at the National Library of Medicine http://chem.sis.nlm.nih.gov/chemidplus/
  31. Advanced Member
    lozgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    458
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    33.4%

    I am 4 days in on a test cycle with Phojel Ultra and I already have some zits and other signs it is working. Definetly good stuff.

    As far as absorbtion percentage of phlojel vs. this vs. that, etc. there is no way to put a number on it. There is a max out point on all of them, but even if you could determine it that doesnt mean every user is going to experience it. All you can do is try to maximize it as much as possible and hope for the best.
  32. New Member
    momod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    146
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    100%

    Quote Originally Posted by lozgod
    I am 4 days in on a test cycle with Phojel Ultra and I already have some zits and other signs it is working. Definetly good stuff.

    As far as absorbtion percentage of phlojel vs. this vs. that, etc. there is no way to put a number on it. There is a max out point on all of them, but even if you could determine it that doesnt mean every user is going to experience it. All you can do is try to maximize it as much as possible and hope for the best.

    I started 3 days ago with test base and phlojel at 200mg/g and boldenone base 200mg/g. Definately works, unfortuantley I have strained my back and it's screwing up my lifting. I also will be using your liquid anavar recipe, thanks for taking the time.

    anyways, are you applying doses once or twice daily. From the reference I read it looked like it peaks in 6-8 hours and a morning spike is preferred to minimize aromatase, so I am currently dosing around 8:00 am and right before I go to bed. I was hoping for your opinion on this.

    thanks
  33. Board Supporter
    snakebyte05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,538
    Rep Power
    902
    Level
    30
    Lv. Percent
    85.33%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Ill have to try some of this with 10% DMSO for my next dermal in the winter. Looks like some good stuff.
  34. Advanced Member
    lozgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    458
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    33.4%

    Quote Originally Posted by momod
    I started 3 days ago with test base and phlojel at 200mg/g and boldenone base 200mg/g. Definately works, unfortuantley I have strained my back and it's screwing up my lifting. I also will be using your liquid anavar recipe, thanks for taking the time.

    anyways, are you applying doses once or twice daily. From the reference I read it looked like it peaks in 6-8 hours and a morning spike is preferred to minimize aromatase, so I am currently dosing around 8:00 am and right before I go to bed. I was hoping for your opinion on this.

    thanks
    I been taking it at rising and at bed, but I just ran in to serious BP problems. I was up to 170/105. I took a break over the weekend and it is returning to normal. So I may lower the dosage or go to 1 a day dosing. I know all the level blood level stuff, but I believe you will get results from 1 a day dosing, you just put yourself at higher risk of sides.
  35. Board Sponsor
    velikimajmun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    192
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    64.8%

    Quote Originally Posted by lozgod
    I been taking it at rising and at bed, but I just ran in to serious BP problems. I was up to 170/105. I took a break over the weekend and it is returning to normal. So I may lower the dosage or go to 1 a day dosing. I know all the level blood level stuff, but I believe you will get results from 1 a day dosing, you just put yourself at higher risk of sides.
    Dosing once a day may not be that bad. Here is a cgart from the androgel clinical study, both total and free test steadily increased over 24 hours. So I'm not convinced that test levels are going to ping pong with once a day dosing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  36. Advanced Member
    lozgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    660
    Rep Power
    458
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    33.4%

    Quote Originally Posted by velikimajmun
    Dosing once a day may not be that bad. Here is a cgart from the androgel clinical study, both total and free test steadily increased over 24 hours. So I'm not convinced that test levels are going to ping pong with once a day dosing.
    Good to know. Thanks.
  37. New Member
    momod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    146
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    100%

    Quote Originally Posted by velikimajmun
    Dosing once a day may not be that bad. Here is a cgart from the androgel clinical study, both total and free test steadily increased over 24 hours. So I'm not convinced that test levels are going to ping pong with once a day dosing.

    Thanks for the info, Triceptor recommends every 12 hours but it does not seem that critical. I apply mine to my testes, so 3-4 times per day is preferred (-:.

    Please correct me if Im wrong, but....

    Do enzymes that convert test exist in greater concentrations in different tissues/areas?

    Is appyling to my testes going to give me greater conversion to DHT, verses applying to my tits which may have a greater amount of aromatase enzyme available. Or should we just worry about applying to areas in which the skin is thin, like tops of feet?
  38. Board Sponsor
    velikimajmun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    192
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    64.8%

    Quote Originally Posted by momod
    Thanks for the info, Triceptor recommends every 12 hours but it does not seem that critical. I apply mine to my testes, so 3-4 times per day is preferred (-:.

    Please correct me if Im wrong, but....

    Do enzymes that convert test exist in greater concentrations in different tissues/areas?

    Is appyling to my testes going to give me greater conversion to DHT, verses applying to my tits which may have a greater amount of aromatase enzyme available. Or should we just worry about applying to areas in which the skin is thin, like tops of feet?
    Yes, you are correct enzymes vary by site. On the scalp or testes (never do this) you would get more DHT. Fatty areas will give more estrogen because of aromatase found in adipose tissue. Just use areas of thin skin.
  39. New Member
    momod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Age
    47
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    146
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    100%

    Red face


    Quote Originally Posted by velikimajmun
    Yes, you are correct enzymes vary by site. On the scalp or testes (never do this) you would get more DHT. Fatty areas will give more estrogen because of aromatase found in adipose tissue. Just use areas of thin skin.

    Thanks V!

    I love DHT, perhaps this explains my hypermasculinity and frequent erections.
  40. Board Sponsor
    velikimajmun's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    36
    Posts
    148
    Rep Power
    192
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    64.8%

    Quote Originally Posted by momod
    Thanks V!

    I love DHT, perhaps this explains my hypermasculinity and frequent erections.
    way too much information
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:58 PM
  2. Need feedback bro's
    By andro69 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-06-2003, 11:43 PM
  3. ok need some user feedback
    By wojo in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-30-2003, 06:37 PM
  4. T1 Pro w/ DMSO any feedback?
    By pogue in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-15-2002, 11:36 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2002, 10:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in