New T-Gel Homebrew?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Is the new T-Gel recepie available for homebrewing? I got this one from a search of the forums:

40% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL( ISO )
15% ISOPROPYL MYRISTRATE( IPM )
15% ISOPROPYL PALMITATE( IPP )
10% OLEIC ACID( OA )
10% PROPYLENE GLYCOL( PG )
10% DMSO

Which I assume is the old T-Gel. (which worked great, but as I understand it the new formula works better)

So, some questions!

Where can i get DMFA (can't seem to find it!), and do I add it in the same concentration as the DMSO?

Do I need Carbomer940 to make this recepie into a nice gel?

Id love to just buy the T-Gel from custom, but I might be able to make the amount I need cheaper. (720ml for my bro and I)

Thanks!
BV

D

dalejmurphy

Awards
Is the new T-Gel recepie available for homebrewing? I got this one from a search of the forums:

40% ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL( ISO )
15% ISOPROPYL MYRISTRATE( IPM )
15% ISOPROPYL PALMITATE( IPP )
10% OLEIC ACID( OA )
10% PROPYLENE GLYCOL( PG )
10% DMSO

Which I assume is the old T-Gel. (which worked great, but as I understand it the new formula works better)

So, some questions!

Where can i get DMFA (can't seem to find it!), and do I add it in the same concentration as the DMSO?

Do I need Carbomer940 to make this recepie into a nice gel?

Id love to just buy the T-Gel from custom, but I might be able to make the amount I need cheaper. (720ml for my bro and I)

Thanks!
BV
yes you do need to the carbomer for the gel but it can be a bitch to get the ph right, and if the ph shifts to far it turns into some kinda of plastic hybrid, so after the first few disasters I always just stuff with making a spray, but the formula at the top is a classic works very well

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
yes you do need to the carbomer for the gel but it can be a bitch to get the ph right, and if the ph shifts to far it turns into some kinda of plastic hybrid, so after the first few disasters I always just stuff with making a spray, but the formula at the top is a classic works very well

Thanks for the advice bro - Ive already received all the ingredients from lemelange. Im going to try and mix up a small 8oz batch with the carbomer - Ive got a whole roll of PH paper so I should be able to nail it. There's instructions from Chemo in a post somewhere about how to mix properly w/the carbomer. (Ill post 'em up later - I have them on a disc somewhere)

BV