best placed for transdermal application

Zip91

Awards
Looking for feedback on the best places to administer a transdermal lotion/spray.

be specific.

Right now, i'm putting on on the upper, inner thighs, and on the upper inner arms-near the armpit.

I have also heard on top of the feet, and behind the knees. some also say back, but the back seems to be pretty thick skin?

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Tops of feet and behind knees I found to be too difficult as they are small areas and take forever to rub in. I found the best places to apply my dermals to be the inner portion of my thighs, biceps, and abdominal/torso areas. The areas don't need to be hair free, although the less the better. I use an electric razor and crop the areas.

Zip91

Awards
Tops of feet and behind knees I found to be too difficult as they are small areas and take forever to rub in. I found the best places to apply my dermals to be the inner portion of my thighs, biceps, and abdominal/torso areas. The areas don't need to be hair free, although the less the better. I use an electric razor and crop the areas.
Thanks Cuffs. feet and knees are a very small area. I was doing the inner thighs and inner upper arms (Behind biceps). seems the abdominal(Stomach) is thick skin though. Never would have thought to do that area

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
It is thicker, however, it still gets in there. Just rub hard and long enough so you feel heat from the friction. I used latex gloves on my hands while applying so I didn't make the mistake of rubbing my eyes (or wipping my ass...lol) afterwards with some dermal still present.

Stingray

Awards
I usuly apply mine to my chest after a shower and shaving my chest.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
Give yourself a good scrub with a luffa before you do so you cant soak more in.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
I prefer the inside of my Forearms up to my biceps and the top of feet, if necessary. I don't know if the insides of the forearm is thick skin or not, but by rubbing the dermal in until completley dry, I've gotten seemingly effective absorbtion, it's a convient place to apply at any time, and requires minimal shaving.

Mr. Big

I found that shaving/removing all hair from my groin area and about 5 sprays each time works great. Just rub it in till it your red hot and just bite the bullet. After an hour or so I'm ready to hit the gym. Great for pre-workout. I used to spray it on my thigh but on the balls is much more effective. Just my 2 cents.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I found that shaving/removing all hair from my groin area and about 5 sprays each time works great. Just rub it in till it your red hot and just bite the bullet. After an hour or so I'm ready to hit the gym. Great for pre-workout. I used to spray it on my thigh but on the balls is much more effective. Just my 2 cents.
:blink:

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Triceptor made some comments about this before (more on the Avant boards). I think he said he prefers the inner arm and near the clavical for efficiency, based on what he's read.

I've attached some more comments below. He's talking about Phlojel here, but I figure it applies to other transdermals:

If you look at the research using NSAID's, you can deliver drugs in a local site specific method. For instance if you apply your TD in the clavicular area nearest the neck, inner upper arm or inner wrist - the drugs are more suitable for systemic deliver. If you apply the TD to, say an area where there are less veins and arteries such as the delts, quads bicep/tricep area, you will get a greater concentration within the muscle prior to systemic delivery. This would be especially useful with compounds that do not require conversion such as PS/AAS. This is only a theory of mine after reading several TD NSAID studies so I could be going out on a limb with this statement.
Also, the surface area size it is applied to plays a role as well as the preperation of the skin (just showered and roughed up using a lufa or sponge for instance). Also, the hyrdation level of the candidate. If you are dehydrated TD's do not perform well. These variables are then further dependant upong the candidates approach to applying the TD. There is a study that showed patients that "rotated" the application areas (AM applied to left shoulder, PM applied to right inner arm, next day begins with AM applied to abdomen... you get the idea) received up to 15% greater delivery than those who applied to the same spot day in and day out.
<!--Signature-->

Awards
I am not sure if I have been doing it right, but I have been rotating between right thigh, left thigh, calves, and torso. I do the arms occasionally but not as often as the legs.

triceptor

Radio Host
Awards
  • Established
I prefer the area where the neck meets the clavical. This area is almost always thin skinned. It also has a large number of blood pathways beneath it. I like to stay in this area and on to the base of the neck. I find the neck application to deliver an almost imidiate sensation if I'm using a drug that has some CNS effects like fina. I also use the chest and abdomen but try to stay away from the nipple area with aromatizing drugs.