Dmso

ChaseRoy

Awards
I did a little resaerch on this at my off time at work. Since DMSO is so great on breaking the skin barrier, it also has the potential of pulling other things in with it. The thing I read about is toxins and other such things that are on the skin but you don't want in the blood sttream. Perhaps this was not the correct place to post this, but I am wondering if anyone has any concern on this. Does cleaning off the surface area before hand help ie. shower, swab of alcohol? Thanks in advance.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I am not concerned with that. i have had this discussion befor with people. Do you wash your fruit? Talk to ya.

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Yea. It does concern me. When I make my next batch of homebrew with DMSO I will be very sure to use disinfected beakers, gloves, and ingredients that I am sure are of high purity. The problem with the fruit analogy is that you have the digestive system to act as a buffer between the possible contaminants and the blood stream. We don’t have a buffer when using transdermal administration. This is why transdermals are so much more effective.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Good point bow. Talk to ya..

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Can you explain to me how you add it to the PH gel? If I have some ONE right now how much do I add to it?

What is a good brand to buy? Is there a differeence between solvent or other types?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Yes you can add it to one. If it is 8oz bottle you add 24ml that will give you about 9%. Just dump it in . As far as diferences make sure you get 99% liquid. Not 70-30 or anything. Hope that helps.. Talk to ya..

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
will 24mL fit in the 8oz bottle or will I have get another bottle?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
There will be enough room... Talk to ya..

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
The thing I read about is toxins and other such things that are on the skin but you don't want in the blood sttream.
I think that the 99% Iso Alcohol should be enough of a disinfectant, right?

correct me if I'm wrong

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Yea. It does concern me. When I make my next batch of homebrew with DMSO I will be very sure to use disinfected beakers, gloves, and ingredients that I am sure are of high purity. The problem with the fruit analogy is that you have the digestive system to act as a buffer between the possible contaminants and the blood stream. We don't have a buffer when using transdermal administration. This is why transdermals are so much more effective.
We do have a natural buffer...it's called the immune system. DMSO has been used for a long time for less than legal purposes (such as fina and test base transdermals) and there has never been a report of contamination. The concentrations used in those are normally in the 50% range. Keep in mind that there are thousands of bros that have used this method...and not one has had a problem other than skin irritation. Of course, there will always be that one slob who doesn't shower or doesn't bother to knock the mud off the skin before applying ;)

The larger problem with using DMSO is obtaining a low grade. The contaminants in this will do more harm than the remote possibility of bacterial or viral diffusion. Make sure what you get is USP, NF, or Technical at the lowest.

Chemo

bpdaddy

Banned
Awards
Can someone PM me or reply and let me know where to buy High quaility DMSO?

Also, where is the members price list?

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
www.DMSO.ca .... Thats all you need..... It is what i use.... Talk to ya..

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
The members price list is not ready yet it will be soon. Talk to ya.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Or lemelange they are awsome... Talk to ya.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay I have another question about DMSO.. could you use it to say move pain killer to a sore spot like when you have a sore back? Or would it go through to the blood stream to quickly from a topical application.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Don't know. But remember if you just crush pills you will get alot more than just pain killer in. I don't think it is a good idea unless you have pure whatever.... talk to ya

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Good thinking Curt, I hadn't thought about that yet.