How many teaspoons in a gram?

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
haha stupid question huh?
It is really hard to tell unless you know what the substance is. Grams is a measure of wehigh and teaspoon are a measure of volume.

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/gram_calc.htm
When you convert from grams or ounces (weight) to teaspoons, tablespoons or cups (volume), you are converting from a weight to a volume.Â* This simple calculation may not be highly accurate in many cases.Â* This should not be used for measuring medicine or any form of critical science. Increasingly in the U.S. we encounter foods weighed in "grams" and we still live in a "teaspoons and measuring cup" country.Â* Sometimes we just need an estimated amount for cooking.

How To Use:
We've provide a chart (below) that displays basic gram to cup equivalents.Â* Our converter is based on a conversion of 229.92 grams per cup. You can locate a item on the chart that is similar to what you need to weigh and decide if you need to make any adjustments

Example, a teaspoon of baking powder does not weigh the same as a teaspoon of peanut butter.Â* This calculator will simply give you an approximate measurement. When accuracy is imperative you should purchase a scale that will weigh in grams.

Buc4Life04

Awards
  • Established
go to 1fast and look at your powder if they have it and it will tell what its is
per 1/4 teaspoon

flava

Awards
honestly the only accurate way you can ever measure it is with a scale. go to 1fast and they have a scale for 25.00 belive me that little thing will be extremly valuable.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Usually 1 teaspoon of pwd is equivalent to 5 grams...so in essence 1/5 teaspoon would equal 1 gram. Problem is though accurately measuring 1/5 teaspoon, or even 1 teaspoon for that matter...

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Usually 1 teaspoon of pwd is equivalent to 5 grams...so in essence 1/5 teaspoon would equal 1 gram. Problem is though accurately measuring 1/5 teaspoon, or even 1 teaspoon for that matter...

It depends on the specific gravity of the compound. This varies from powder to powder so the volume of a teaspoon of any substance will most likely vary in weight from a different substance. It is best to have someone weigh it for you....or do the right thing and buy your own scale as was mentioned.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It also matters how specific you need to be. With Hormones, I'd always use a scale. With something that doesn't need that accuracy, teaspoon is sufficient

capestar

capestar

Awards
teaspoons in a gram

Being a Mensan and a member of the Prometheus Society (I.Q = 180) and therefore in the top 1% of the populations' I.Q. this is an elementary question. ;-)

When you convert from grams or ounces (weight) to teaspoons, tablespoons or cups (volume), you are converting from a weight to a volume. However, without knowing the specific gravity of your substance's weight, you cannot convert a weight to a volume: For example a teaspoon of sugar does not weigh the same as a teaspoon of shelled peanuts. Obviously a generalizied conversion formula should not be used for measuring medicine or any form of critical science.

However, without going into all of the specific gravities, conversions from solid to liquid substances, etc., for all of you dieters and workoutaholoics that are wondering, there are approximately 4 teaspoons of sugar in 1 gram.

Now for the practical application:
4 teaspoons of sugar in 1 gram...
I love Barq's rootbeer. Unfortunately, there are 45 grams of sugar in one can.
With that info we can calculate the following:

45 :-: 4 = 11.25 teaspoons of sugar in one can of Barq's.

Not good...
Blah.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way you'll be a mile away and you'll have thier shoes.

Last edited:

ironlunch

Awards
Being a Mensan and a member of the Prometheus Society (I.Q = 180) and therefore in the top 1% of the populations' I.Q. this is an elementary question. ;-)

When you convert from grams or ounces (weight) to teaspoons, tablespoons or cups (volume), you are converting from a weight to a volume. However, without knowing the specific gravity of your substance's weight, you cannot convert a weight to a volume: For example a teaspoon of sugar does not weigh the same as a teaspoon of shelled peanuts. Obviously a generalizied conversion formula should not be used for measuring medicine or any form of critical science.

However, without going into all of the specific gravities, conversions from solid to liquid substances, etc., for all of you dieters and workoutaholoics that are wondering, there are approximately 4 teaspoons of sugar in 1 gram.

Not good...
Blah.

way to be humble....not get enough attention as a child?

did you know you misspelled their in your signature? "thier"...good one genius

PyroLifter

Awards
You got it backwards, there are approx 4 grams of sugar in a teaspoon.
maybe you also got your IQ backwards.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is the oldest bump I have ever seen!

LOL at the walk a mile thing...never heard that one :lol:

grila jujitsu

grila jujitsu

Awards
  • Established

Not good...
Blah.

oof....

Esox Express

Esox Express

Awards
  • Established
Wow.... that was a really solid first (and only) post.....

Bumping a five year old thread to brag about intelligence only to be completely wrong, and misspell a word that most first graders can spell. Classic.