Hombrew...then OS?

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Okay...

I was lying in bed and thought of this last night when I looked over at my many bottles of sunblock:p

Sunscreen has Octyl Sylicate in it..

and sunscreen is waterproof and keeps the skin moist...

What if I apply the homebrew and then 10 mins later put on my sunblock?

The addition of the moisturizers/OS/waterproofness of the sunblock woud be able to get even more PH into the bloodstream...Correct?

Sound crazy enough to work?? :confused:

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
ha...im interested myself. anything to help absorption of ph's, im all ears. ive heard plastic wrap, now sun tan lotion. curious....

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
I'm a lifeguard so next summer this is going to apply to me directly (no pun intended)

wardog

Awards
  • Established
I personally like OS in my transdermal..it does keep it moist longer. I know it is a debated ingredient, but I swear by the stuff.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
The reason sun screen has OS in it is becasue it is a UVB blocker. That all I have to say..hehehe. Talk to ya..

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
The reason sun screen has OS in it is becasue it is a UVB blocker. That all I have to say..hehehe. Talk to ya..
Penetration enhancer and UVB blocker?...genius [the "wow dude" look on my face]

doin double duty I like this stuff.

Sean

Awards
The addition of the moisturizers/OS/waterproofness of the sunblock woud be able to get even more PH into the bloodstream...Correct?
I'm honestly not an expert, but either it'll do what you want it to, or it'll hinder absorption.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Alright Gentlemen

I put my 1-Test brew on about an hour ago, and then I just put the sunblock on that has OS in it....

....and where I applied it started to have a little bit of buning sensation on...

which leads me to believe that more 1-Test is being absorbed into the skin...

hehe

LG. :cool:

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Or you are getting a chemical burn from a reaction of 2 or more of the chems.... Talk to ya.. ;)

But it prbably the 1-test..

BrKonman

Awards
LoL... what a way to instill confidence in the guy, curt2go.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Sean
Hmm. Looks like Chemo's idea might work, after all.

I thought it was my idea? :p

Sean

Awards
Chemo's idea from quite a while back was to rub in some base gel a couple of hours after applying the hormones to get the stuff wet again, so that it'll start absorbing once more. The sunblock idea is yours. :p

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHH......I see....I'm blonde...forgive me.

Sean

Awards
That's no excuse! (at least that's what I tell all my students :D)

SteveDFW

Awards
I started a new homebrew (see below) a couple of days ago to finish out my cutting cycle. I used 4 grams 1-test and 8 grams 4AD at 50mg/ml. I am applying 10ml twice a day.

40% Iso
10% DMSO
10% PG
10% Glyc
10% OA
10% OS
10% D-Lim

I have been getting no residue at all between applications. I tried to see if I could rub some PH residue off but I have not seen any. My skin stays a little "tacky" throughout the day.

In fact, I even rubbed my finger over an application area a couple hours after application and then touched the corner of my eye. I had hardly any irritation in the eye. With the 1-test, I would expect a lot of irritation if I had a lot of 1-test left on my skin.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
I started a new homebrew (see below) a couple of days ago to finish out my cutting cycle. I used 4 grams 1-test and 8 grams 4AD at 50mg/ml. I am applying 10ml twice a day.

40% Iso
10% DMSO
10% PG
10% Glyc
10% OA
10% OS
10% D-Lim

I have been getting no residue at all between applications. I tried to see if I could rub some PH residue off but I have not seen any. My skin stays a little "tacky" throughout the day.

In fact, I even rubbed my finger over an application area a couple hours after application and then touched the corner of my eye. I had hardly any irritation in the eye. With the 1-test, I would expect a lot of irritation if I had a lot of 1-test left on my skin.
ha...ha...ha....you actually tested to see if an irritaion of your eye would occur by touching? could have been a crazy mistake but uknow that. glad it didnt though. this my second day, and i walk around like i have two broken arms 1-2 hours after apps, to avoid any contact with the application area.

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
which sunblock are you using that contains OS?

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
Alright Gentlemen

I put my 1-Test brew on about an hour ago, and then I just put the sunblock on that has OS in it....

....and where I applied it started to have a little bit of buning sensation on...

which leads me to believe that more 1-Test is being absorbed into the skin...

hehe

hmmmm.....you mentioned in another thread i believe that regular body lotion could possibly have the same affect. (with the IPM etc contained in the ingredient) true? might have to get me some sunblock though....people gonna think what the **** im doing buying sunblock in 40 degree weather

Sean

Awards
Base gel isn't very expensive - why don't you guys use that instead? I'm trying it next cycle.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
which sunblock are you using that contains OS?

Coppertone Sport...it has OS, PG, vitamin E and other cool stuff in it.

"Ultra Sweatproof"...hehe

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by curt2go
Or you are getting a chemical burn from a reaction of 2 or more of the chems.... Talk to ya.. ;)

But it prbably the 1-test..

You beat me to that thought.........LG.....what are all the ingreds in the sunblock??

aeoliantru

Awards
I'm on my third day of T-1 and I'm noticing that the areas of application stay moist for a long time.  This is after rubbing it in for 20 minutes.  Eventually I have to throw a shirt on and head to work.  I hope that the majority of the good stuff is already absorbed and is not rubbing off on my shirt.  I have a bottle of the gel that I will be applying a half hour after the initial application in the effort to clean up any residue if there is any.  What I'm wondering is since my skin is already oily from the T-1 application, would a gel containing less of the moisturizing agents be a better idea?  Should my skin even be oily after application?      

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm also noticing that my skin stays moist much longer than Avant's gels. I'm using it with fina right now and it doesn't seem to dry my skin at all. Its actually the opposite. I suppose this is better.

SteveDFW

Awards
I have always added 5%-10% OS to my homebrews and my skin stays soft throughout my cycles.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by aeoliantru
I have a bottle of the gel that I will be applying a half hour after the initial application in the effort to clean up any residue if there is any

wait about 1.5-2 hours to apply the lotion, because most of the absorption ocurrs within the first 1.5 hours or so and you want to get any that is left after that time period.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
candle25 Anabolics 4
Anabolics 3
destro19 Anabolics 13
Supplements 37