How to decide if PCT is necessary

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  80 lbs.
    Answers

How to decide if PCT is necessary

Hi Team,

I've been reading on here for a while now, and have learnt a lot. I'm not an expert in the area of Anabolics at all, so unfortunately haven't been able to contribute.

I've been searching the net for a while now to determine what levels of T supplementation you can "generally" get away with, without needing PCT. I know this question may be a bit broad, but there is a reason I ask.

I don't want to take any injectables or PH's at high levels, so thought just for general maintenance I'd administer a testosterone cream. My logic is that if my T levels are already reasonable high (around 500-600) then admin of a standard dose might assist with some gains.

I ordered this from a reputable company, and it came complete with a detailed leaflet on HRP etc (I'm not intending to do HRP long term here) and it came with some good documentation about TRT/HRT and the benefits of T in general.

I'm 34, 5'10 and have a reasonable amount of muscle already, but just want to beef my T levels up a bit more to try and reduce my BF levels (I'm prolly around 13%) . Despite very good eating, I still tend to hold a little bit of fat on my lower back/waist area.

The that came with the cream documentation lists the standard possible side effects of testosterone use but says that this preparation doesn't typically cause the side effects stated - but research I have on the net sort of suggests it is.

The dosage is 5% 50mg of cream applied daily (yep I appreciate its bugger all)

At this level, is PCT really necessary? Would I need other supplementation during as well? I'd probably look at applying for 6-8 weeks.

Thanks heaps

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Answers

I am just trying to wrap my head around this. You have reasonable test level, want more to shed fat, but don't want to do the right thing and cut to get rid of it.
    If my direct and cynical approach bothers you, just ignore it. I'm just saying what you need to hear ;).
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  80 lbs.
    Answers

I am able to cut and shed fat through diet, but I'm assuming there may be some additional benefit with administering a low T dose (such as improved muscle mass resulting in improved BF etc)
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

The problem with administering any exogenous hormone is that your body is very likely to shut off its own production. You might want to consider prodcuts that:
    1) Maximize your natural test production
    2) Minimize the amount of SHBG you have floating around
    3) Act as an AI

if you want to maximize your natural levels.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  244 lbs.
    Answers

If you have normal levels already, using an exogenous source of testosterone is going to make those levels go down, drastically. If you are trying to get rid of stubborn fat imo clen, ephedra, or a variety of other fat burners are going to yield the results you want without bringing your lh, fsh to neglible levels in a matter of 4 weeks or less.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Answers

DAA and a Aromatose Inhibitor like Reversitol v1 or v2.Maybe some erase or hc generate for some boosts of free testosterone levels
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast
    The problem with administering any exogenous hormone is that your body is very likely to shut off its own production. You might want to consider prodcuts that:
    1) Maximize your natural test production
    2) Minimize the amount of SHBG you have floating around
    3) Act as an AI

if you want to maximize your natural levels.

ManBeast
    Very well said.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  80 lbs.
    Answers

Great thanks for your help guys... Ill try and source something different to keep my natural T high and look at the products suggested..
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help me decide what to run..
    By who281 in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 05:51 PM
  2. In need of help...help me decide!
    By R1balla in forum Bulking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 09:43 AM
  3. Cant decide!!
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 01:26 AM
  4. cant decide what to take. help please!
    By R1balla in forum Supplements
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 11:58 PM
  5. trying to decide..
    By luxxor in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-22-2008, 08:34 AM