Transdermal Joint Formula

1. Obese Member

Transdermal Joint Formula

I am interested in making a transdermal that would help heal/protect damaged joints. I was thinking about using a carrier identical to the Yohimbine Homebrew Carrier. The solutes would include glucosamine powder, chondroitin powder and possibly MSM powder. MSM would not be necessary if the solution contained DMSO (being that MSM is a derivative of DMSO). The problem is that DMSO is such an effective penetration enhancer that it may just transport the glucosamine and chondroitin past the joint tissue I am trying to target. Yes, I have f*cked up joints.

Any ideas?

2. Banned

Originally posted by bow
    I am interested in making a transdermal that would help heal/protect damaged joints. I was thinking about using a carrier identical to the Yohimbine Homebrew Carrier. The solutes would include glucosamine powder, chondroitin powder and possibly MSM powder. MSM would not be necessary if the solution contained DMSO (being that MSM is a derivative of DMSO). The problem is that DMSO is such an effective penetration enhancer that it may just transport the glucosamine and chondroitin past the joint tissue I am trying to target. Yes, I have f*cked up joints.

Any ideas?
    I think the formula I posted before in the y-hcl (the one with aloe, menthol, and glycerol) would work great as a transdermal joint formula. You can try a combination of about 8 grams of Glucosamine and 7 grams of chondroitin would work well in an 8oz formula. Let me know if you go through with it!
  3. Registered User

Sounds great, but I've asked the science staff at the school and no one knows where I can get some of that powder. The joint pain during 1-test cycles is sometimes too much to take, even when stacked with 4-ad.
    •   

4. Banned

Originally posted by Sean
    Sounds great, but I've asked the science staff at the school and no one knows where I can get some of that powder. The joint pain during 1-test cycles is sometimes too much to take, even when stacked with 4-ad.
    www.beyond-a-century.com sells both for cheap.
  5. Obese Member

Re: Re: Transdermal Joint Formula

Originally posted by ndn diablo
    I think the formula I posted before in the y-hcl (the one with aloe, menthol, and glycerol) would work great as a transdermal joint formula. You can try a combination of about 8 grams of Glucosamine and 7 grams of chondroitin would work well in an 8oz formula. Let me know if you go through with it!
    If I go with a solution that does not contain DMSO, should I include MSM? The reason I ask is that my shoulder has actually been feeling better since I began my 1-test homebrew cycle with 10% DMSO. I can only guess that it is the DMSO that is helping. MSM is a derivative of DMSO that suposedly has the same joint healing characteristics as DMSO without the penetration properties. I have heard others say the MSM is junk. Any input?
  6. Banned

Re: Re: Re: Transdermal Joint Formula

Originally posted by bow

If I go with a solution that does not contain DMSO, should I include MSM? The reason I ask is that my shoulder has actually been feeling better since I began my 1-test homebrew cycle with 10% DMSO. I can only guess that it is the DMSO that is helping. MSM is a derivative of DMSO that suposedly has the same joint healing characteristics as DMSO without the penetration properties. I have heard others say the MSM is junk. Any input?
    I know people who have used MSM in the past and have had good results with it. Like you said MSM is a derivative of DMSO just without the penetration property. If you have been applying DMSO lately and have had less shoulder pain, I would think that using MSM would give you similar results as well. Make a brew combination of glucosamine, chondrotin, and MSM. I havent looked up any of there solubitilies so I couldnt really tell you how much you would beable to dissolve into the solution. Here was the formula i posted:

50% Aloe
    34% Water
    10% - Glycerol
    6% Peppermint oil
  7. Registered User

Of course DMSO has been used by itself for joint pain and inflammation, particularly by athletes, for many decades. I first heard of it when I first got into bb, in College back in the very early 80's.

I know Glucosamine and Chondroitin Sulfate are usually taken orally. I wonder if they actually work locally, or do they NEED to be digested, absorbed, etc.

One thing's for sure, the DMSO will help all by itself.
  8. Registered User

Sorry I wasn't reading too closely.

If you won't use DMSO, MSM would be the thing to try, though I too have heard that MSM is useless. And again the question comes whether its conversion to DMSO is a local phenomenon or occurs somewhere else in the body, such that it requires oral administration.
  9. Registered User

I think this would be great.  I have to take gluco/chron just to be able to lift.  When I stop it for awhile my joints start feeling like I'm 60.  I often wonder if I am just masking it and am causing damage I will later regret.  Anyone know?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Any transdermal joint formula that permeate the epidermis?
    By DeppJarrod in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 11:30 AM
  2. Transdermal homemade formula input needed
    By TOYFORDOLET in forum Supplements
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 08:19 PM
  3. joint formula input
    By liftthis in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 12:30 PM
  4. NP Transdermal Joint Gel
    By bulls**t in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-09-2007, 05:40 PM
  5. Help with a transdermal PCT formula....
    By Odessa14 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-02-2005, 12:10 PM