Androgel Raising My Blood Pressure?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.64%

Androgel Raising My Blood Pressure?

I am 46. I was diagnosed with low T about 7 years ago but ignored it. I just had it rechecked at it was worse. My total T was 180 and normal values are 240 to 800 according to my lab (Inigma).
    Low T has apparently been a life long issue for me, because when I was a child, I had and still have gynocomastia and I remember my mother taking me to the doctor for biweekly T shots! She did it for a few months and then for some reason stopped. I was 8 years old.
    Back to todays problem:
    Back in October I was started on 2.5 mg (2 pumps) of androgel. Level went up to 440 Total T. I pushed the doc to let me try 5g (4 pumps) so we can get into he high range. I have been on that now for 3.5 months Just got checked and my T was 785 and Free T I believe 22.0 (very good). I fell GREAT! Great libido, felt young again.
    But about 2 weeks ago he checks my blood pressure and it was 145/90. I also was experiencing some Tachardia (although I drink alot of espresso). SO I stopped the espresso and heart rate normalized, but the BP is still hovering around 150/90. He did a BP test in his office yesterday as follows:
    Sitting138/90
    Standing 144/98
    Laying down 142/76
    M doc is a general intern. He said maybe we should stop the androgel and see if it lowers, or we could reduce the dose. I get the feeling he is not 100% sure either. I dont want to go on BP medicine, but I hate to go back to the way I was!
    I stopped the gel for 2 days and felt like crap. I had a terrible brain fog.
    So I dropped back down to 2 pumps. The morning wood is gone, my libido is decreased substantially.
    I think I need to find a doc who specializes in HRT. My dic never tested any levels except total T and Free T. I know he should be looking at my entire adrenal function. I have good insurance (Aetna) and dont pay anything for my gel.
    But in the meantime i am worried about the high BP.
    What should I do?
    Does androgel normally raise BP like this even 5 months into the dose?
    Anyone know any good doctors in the NYC area?

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'4"  163 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.11%

You were getting shots of test at 8 years old? What the ****?
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.7%

Quote Originally Posted by Noumenon View Post
    You were getting shots of test at 8 years old? What the ****?
    I was thinking the same thing, nuts.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.75%

there are plenty of natural supps to adress blood pressure , have you tried any of those bud?
    for while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come 1 Tim 4:8

Similar Forum Threads

1. Androgel Blood Results
    By putnamff35 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 05:34 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 03:47 PM
  3. Blood pressure/Pulse pressure
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 02:22 PM
  4. Blood pressure/Pulse pressure