1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Latex Vs Vinyl Gloves for application.

Hi,

Greetings. Quick questions:

I have used both types of gloves mentioned above. Things noticed:

1) With latex gloves, I have to rub more for the application site to dry, and when it does dry..i get left with a white powder in a few places.
    2) With vinyl gloves, I only have to rub it a few times, and it dries instantly almost. There is also no residue left.

the questions I had is.... what 's the white powder that's left behind when i use the latex glove? (Is is the actives..or some form of reaction between latex and the acctive) Which one of these is the better one for application of transdermal?

The transdermal in question here is 3.5g 6-oxo and 3.5g 7-oxo in dermabolics trasport matrix. (metacort)

Thanks,

2. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.5%

I've used both also, I didn't like the vinyl because they were harder to put on and take off, just not as flexible as latex. I think the powder applied to latex gloves is for lubrication when putting them on, should be harmless talc or starch, but you can also by them without the powder. I remember something about soft vinyl toys being dangerous for babies, not sure if this would apply with vinyl gloves, but all the penetration enhancers could make it worse. Here's one link a quick google yielded re: soft vinyl dangers:
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=10884

Quote Originally Posted by dntopiwala
    Hi,

Greetings. Quick questions:

I have used both types of gloves mentioned above. Things noticed:

1) With latex gloves, I have to rub more for the application site to dry, and when it does dry..i get left with a white powder in a few places.
    2) With vinyl gloves, I only have to rub it a few times, and it dries instantly almost. There is also no residue left.

the questions I had is.... what 's the white powder that's left behind when i use the latex glove? (Is is the actives..or some form of reaction between latex and the acctive) Which one of these is the better one for application of transdermal?

The transdermal in question here is 3.5g 6-oxo and 3.5g 7-oxo in dermabolics trasport matrix. (metacort)

Thanks,
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.83%

Quote Originally Posted by intv
    I've used both also, I didn't like the vinyl because they were harder to put on and take off, just not as flexible as latex. I think the powder applied to latex gloves is for lubrication when putting them on, should be harmless talc or starch, but you can also by them without the powder. I remember something about soft vinyl toys being dangerous for babies, not sure if this would apply with vinyl gloves, but all the penetration enhancers could make it worse. Here's one link a quick google yielded re: soft vinyl dangers:
    http://www.medicinenet.com/script/ma...ticlekey=10884
    Hi,

Thanks for the information. About the powder..I would think that it would be put INSIDE the gloves for easy removal... however, I am getting white residue on the outside.. Or are they powdered on the inside AND outside?

Thanks,
    •   

4. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

try nitrile gloves

Similar Forum Threads

1. Superdrol vs. Halodrol-50 for first cycle
    By TotallyJacked in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 7