Topical Thyroid(T4)

Ttokkyo Jack

Awards
Here is an article that I got off of IAS an online pharmacy, regarding percutacrine, the french topcial fat loss drug which contains T4. I know that it was popular years ago, but I haven't heard of it lately. I was going through some of my old MM2K issues, and I saw something about it in there. Anyhow does anyone think that adding T4 or even T3 to a localized delivery system would be effective? Anyhow, here is the article.

Fat loss with topical thyroid oil
by Phil Micans PharmB

For some time it's been known that the thyroid gland plays an important role in the regulation of fat levels, probably through thermogenesis.

This has certainly been the case with the body-building fraternity and Miss Olympia types, who combine thyroid medication with other metabolism enhancing products, such as ephedrine, to produce the "fat burning furnace" effect.

The problem is that there are some very potent thyroid medications and their high doses or continued use can lead to down regulation of the thyroid gland. In other words, improper use can cause the need for thyroid medication for the rest of one's life.

The thyroid produces two hormones, one is called cytomel or T3, and the other is L-Thyroxine or T4. It is generally accepted that the T4 is the weaker of the two and perhaps the safer of the two when it comes to supplementation.

Such products are utilised to treat hypothyroidism, a condition when the thyroid gland is not producing enough. It is also generally thought that aging often leads to many cases of hypothyroidism, a result of which can be fatigue, although hypothyroidism may be confused with a reduction in the efficiency of the mitochondria, but that's another story!

As a result of the need for safer thyroid products to treat obesity, the French have designed Percutacrine.

Percutacrine is topical oil that is in fact L-Thyroxine or T4. When applied to the skin, Percutacrine helps reduce fat cell levels and also helps tighten and make the area more elastic.

It is unclear as to whether this is because Percutacrine actually operates within the subcutaneous region, or whether it is generally taken up into the system, but Percutacrine's fat reduction and skin tightening effects are normally noted within a couple of weeks.

It is not recommended that use continue more than 6 weeks, as often past this period there is no further discernible benefit, and Percutacrine is likely to have done all it can. Furthermore, as undoubtedly some of the product is absorbed into the blood, close thyroid monitoring should take place with longer-term use.

Percutacrine can be applied nightly to the areas of skin that one wishes to reduce. As a result, the amount used will vary on the area one wants to cover! As a rough guide we estimate that one vial covers an inner thigh

Big Cat

Board Supporter
Awards
T3 and T4 addition to a topical delivery system would be very effective, especially since these compounds are quite amphiphillic in and of themselves, making local delivery as opposed to systemic delivery all the more likely. In fact the whole issues of using an amphiphillic carrier such as benzyl was brought to Nimni's attention after a 1970's review showing that amphiphillic molecules, including thyroid hormones, have significant local accumulation.

Whether it is necessarily that effective I do not know, but it is in any case quite complementary and possibly synergistic with most products currently used for topical fat loss, and given the low price of T3, I can't see any harm in adding it to such a formula at all. You are going to get a very effective yield of T3 in the subq tissue locally and it will exert some effect in fat loss, complementary or possibly synergistically to lipolytic fat loss compounds.

I would go with T3 however. T4 to T3 conversion usually drops during a diet, making direct T3 administration a more effective manner.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
T3 and T4 addition to a topical delivery system would be very effective, especially since these compounds are quite amphiphillic in and of themselves, making local delivery as opposed to systemic delivery all the more likely. In fact the whole issues of using an amphiphillic carrier such as benzyl was brought to Nimni's attention after a 1970's review showing that amphiphillic molecules, including thyroid hormones, have significant local accumulation.

Whether it is necessarily that effective I do not know, but it is in any case quite complementary and possibly synergistic with most products currently used for topical fat loss, and given the low price of T3, I can't see any harm in adding it to such a formula at all. You are going to get a very effective yield of T3 in the subq tissue locally and it will exert some effect in fat loss, complementary or possibly synergistically to lipolytic fat loss compounds.

I would go with T3 however. T4 to T3 conversion usually drops during a diet, making direct T3 administration a more effective manner.
the molecular weight of T-3 is about 600 (too big molecule) so how would it be effective transdermally?

Ttokkyo Jack

Awards
T4 has a molecular weight of about 798.86 and it was used transdermally with the french drug percutacrine, so I think that it is possible.

Big Cat

Board Supporter
Awards
T4 has a molecular weight of about 798.86 and it was used transdermally with the french drug percutacrine, so I think that it is possible.
The molecular weight may not be ideal for transdermal delivery, but its amphiphillic nature causes a predominant local delivery and good passage through the skin, so that it may actually work better despite a higher weight.

The amphiphillic nature of a compound is the whole driving force behind local delivery.