Topical Tamoxifen experiment.

Autobody

Awards
following this study.

Tamoxifen-Loaded Liposomal Topical Formulation Arrests Hair Growth in Mice.
Bhatia A, Singh B, Amarji B, Katare OP.

University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences - UGC Centre of Advanced Study Panjab University, Chandigarh, India.
ABSTRACT Background For several decades, androgens have dominated endocrine research in the domain of hair growth control. However, it has long been known that estrogens also tend to alter hair follicle (HF) growth and cycling significantly by binding to locally expressed high-affinity estrogen receptors (ER). Tamoxifen (TAM) is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM). Objective The current work aims to investigate the effect of topically applied TAM on the hair growth of mice. Method The test formulations were applied once-a-day on the shaved back area of the mice consecutively for a period of five weeks. The effect of these formulations was studied by visual and histological examinations. Results The saline and placebo-gel formulation treated animals showed significant hair growth on the 20(th) day. The number and length of follicles were also found to be normal. In contrast, no hair growth was observed in the animals treated with TAM-gel, even after the termination of treatment. The HFs found to be arrested in telogen phase with clear signs of follicle dystrophy. Conclusion Hair growth retarding effect of TAM observed in the current studies, clearly demonstrates its ER agonistic effect on hair growth. This work also provides a distinct lead towards the possible potential of TAM liposomal-gel in the treatment of hirsutism.
Id like to make and try a small amount of this on a tiny patch of skin with hair to see what happens. It only needs to get into the pores I believe to disable to follicles.

any comments before I die of sitting in a vat of tamoxifen?

weeniman

Awards
If it works, I hope your vat has room for me.:drive:

dizdabiz

Awards
If it works, I hope your vat has room for me.
That^^^ just sounds soooo wrong! lol, just kidding! Subbed mr autobody, I love experiments and want to see how this one ends up, hopefully well!:popworm::haha::popworm:

weeniman

Awards
It must have killed him....

Wonder if his corpse is nice and smooth?

:dance2:

james122

james122

Awards
  • Established

novicebb

Awards
I remember reading about this study in an Muscular Development mag and emailed Dr. Colker about the possible positive applications of Topical Tamoxifen. At the time use the name Podthebod. Made fun of my name in the article and called me PodtheBoob. Never forget that.

Definitely would love to see the effects of Topical Raloxifene on Male breast tissue sites and if there are any effects.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wonder what the tamox concentration was for the gel?