Aiding absorbtion

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Hey I was thinking the other day and I know this has had to cross your mind Chemo and Curt but is there some way to make something like a patch with the transdermal in it.. you know like the Nicotine patches you can buy in the store. For that matter is there anyway we could get our hands on the "vigin" patches before they add any ingredients to them. I had originally got to thinking about this when I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago and they put a nitroglycerne (spelling) patch on my chest damn now that was a full blown headache in about 7 minutes. Okay I am rambling but any ideas on this subject?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Hey I was thinking the other day and I know this has had to cross your mind Chemo and Curt but is there some way to make something like a patch with the transdermal in it.. you know like the Nicotine patches you can buy in the store. For that matter is there anyway we could get our hands on the "vigin" patches before they add any ingredients to them. I had originally got to thinking about this when I was in the hospital a couple of weeks ago and they put a nitroglycerne (spelling) patch on my chest damn now that was a full blown headache in about 7 minutes. Okay I am rambling but any ideas on this subject?
This has been discussed on other boards but basically the drawback of CURRENT PH patches is the required surface area. There is one on the market already but it is the size of a nicotine patch and has only 25 mg of 4-AD in it...not very potent. To put this is in perspective, one would have to apply a patch the size of a piece of paper. There was a study done that compared different limiting factors in patch adhesive migration and they found that no matter how fast it got to the skin it was still up to the PE's used.

This is a great topic and one that can explored further, refined, and eventually put into use!

Chemo

BTW, credit goes to curt2go for the study --> he dug it up an presented it on the bb.com forum :) Yeah, I save all the studies...PDF format

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Also with the patches they use oleyl alcohol as the main pe. And it is way out of the ballpark fro price... WAY OUT....talk to ya...

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
The Olelyl Alcohol is expensive but isn't this what the homebrew movement is all about ;) It started with "Let's make a homebrew" --> then it turned into "Let's make a gel" --> it's only right that we now evolve and "Make a patch" ;)

Let's start this off...need adhesive formulations. I'll try to dig up some vendors so we can get this rolling.

Chemo

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Man you had to make me look bad didnt you.hehehe. I will begin to look as well. Lets see what we can come up with....

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys.. sorry I posted this one to the wrong place.. as for searching... give some idea what I can do to help and I will be glad to get on it.
Matt D