Igf

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.37%

Igf

Could anyone tell me if it is possible for IGF to be absorbed through the skin or is it to large.

2. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.92%

I really can't answer your question. What I do know is that the stuff has a fairly short half-life (6-10 minutes) when taken alone, so if you do decide to take it, make sure to stack it with something like IGFBP-3. I did a search for it just now, and the street price is like $600. If you're looking for size a more cost effective solution would be a homebrew ph.
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.86%

In my opinion, IGF-1 is something you would only use as a pro. Its extremely expensive.

The reason it is used is sight injections. Take a shot of IGF-1 anywhere in the body, along with a shot of slin alongside and watch it grow.

You would NEVER want to end up wasting any IGF-1 through the transdermal method, since it is so expensive.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.37%

I was just wondering I know certain supplements contain IGF such as colustrum, deer antler and a few others. But I have also read that it is too large to be absorbed into the adult intestine. I don't know if the amounts in these supps. are enough to have any effect but I thought if it is possible maybe worth looking into.
  5. Ectomorph man
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.12%

also curious about IGF data on the "natural" stuff i keep seeing ads for like deer antler velvet, etc
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.48%

No IGF1 isn't a canidate for transdermal application.  The molecule is to big and I don't believe it has the right fat/water solubility.  Plus even if it was you better have be withholding some killer transdermal formula or else you'd be wasting a lot of money as everyone else pointed out.
  7. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.86%

Killer info weiss... just wondering, know the size?
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.84%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Originally posted by Bean
    also curious about IGF data on the "natural" stuff i keep seeing ads for like deer antler velvet, etc
    Could look up some studies, but I remember when this got big around 97 or so, the biggest hyped pile of crap I'd seen in awhile. If I remember correctly there was one or two vague studies done on it, and I think Pinnacle pimped it bigtime. Bunk.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.48%

Originally posted by ex_banana-eater
    Killer info weiss... just wondering, know the size?
    Well I really don't know the exact size but IGF-1 in mature form is a 70 amino acid protein with small variations depending on its tissue origin.  With the smallest amino acid(glycine) having a molecular mass of slightly under 60, the molecular mass of IGF-1 is going to be in the thousands and 500 is generally the cutoff for transdermals.  Also being a protein I would guess(just a guess) that its wouldn't be very fat soluable and probally couldn't be suspeneded in conventional transdermal solutions.  But thats just a guess I really don't know that.
  10. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.92%

Originally posted by weissmuller

Well I really don't know the exact size but IGF-1 in mature form is a 70 amino acid protein with small variations depending on its tissue origin.  With the smallest amino acid(glycine) having a molecular mass of slightly under 60, the molecular mass of IGF-1 is going to be in the thousands and 500 is generally the cutoff for transdermals.  Also being a protein I would guess(just a guess) that its wouldn't be very fat soluable and probally couldn't be suspeneded in conventional transdermal solutions.  But thats just a guess I really don't know that.
    Wow. Good information.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    90.37%

Thanks for the info guys, just wondering if it was possible.
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    29.86%

Purpose of posting this is to know that Type IIB fibers should specifically be trained when using IGF-1

Persistent IGF-I overexpression in skeletal muscle transiently enhances DNA accretion and growth.

Fiorotto ML, Schwartz RJ, Delaughter MC.

USDA/ARS Children's Nutrition Research Center, Department of Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA. martaf@bcm.tmc.edu

Adult transgenic mice with muscle-specific overexpression of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-I have enlarged skeletal muscles. In this study, we; 1) characterized the development of muscle hypertrophy with respect to fiber type, age, and sex; 2) determined the primary anabolic process responsible for development of hypertrophy; and 3) identified secondary effects of muscle hypertrophy on body composition. Transgene expression increased with age and was present only in fibers expressing type IIB fast myosin heavy chain. Muscle masses were greater by 5 wk of age, and by 10 wk of age the differences were maximal despite continued transgene expression. Total DNA and RNA contents of the gastrocnemius muscle were greater for transgenic mice than for nontransgenic littermates. The differences were maximal by 5 wk of age and preceded the increase in protein mass. The accelerated protein deposition ceased when the protein/DNA ratio attained the same value as in nontransgenic controls. Despite localization of IGF-I expression to muscle without changes in plasma IGF-I concentrations, genotype also modified the normal age and sex effects on fat deposition and organ growth. Thus, enhanced DNA accretion by IGF-I was primarily responsible for stimulating muscle growth. In turn, secondary effects on body composition were incurred that likely reflect the impact of muscle mass on whole body metabolism.

Similar Forum Threads

1. IGF-1 Info
    By Bone in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-05-2005, 10:06 PM
  2. IGF-1, insulin and muscle building ?
    By chi_town in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2003, 04:32 PM
  3. Ultimate IGF-1 Guide
    By YellowJacket in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 3