Anti-Acid drugs and blood doping??

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Hows about this..

take a Zantac or some other OTC anti-acid medication and then 45 minutes or so later ingest the sodium bicarbonate??

I think that this would work better than the alka-seltzer IMO, since the anti-acid causes less acid to be produced and there fore there is less acid to break down the sodium bicarbonate and therefore more sodium bicarbonate finds its way into the bloodstream....

but thats just me.

Thoughts? Opinions?

LG. :cool:

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm...seems pretty sound on paper, I don't know about real world results....

As for the drug of choice, forget Zantac. Prevacid is the best on the market right now. I'm not sure whether it's OTC or not though....

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Sheesh
As for the drug of choice, forget Zantac. Prevacid is the best on the market right now. I'm not sure whether it's OTC or not though....
Prevacid is by Rx only...I wanna keep this ALL OTC...no Rx necessary ;)

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
If you're wanting to buffer or stop lactic acid, your best bet is is to do mild cardio, even when bulking. OTC or Rx Anti-acid destroys vitamins abilities to function correctly, not to mention if you keep buffering the lactic acid, plan on doing it for awhile....it's a good idea yes, when you need it, when coming off an off week or 2, coming back from an injury, etc. but your best bet is to train yourself to get adequate oxygen to your mucles, this is the best prevention method.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
PS. Not hatin' on you or your idea LG, I think its a good idea if and when you complete it, you could be on to something, but for your own best interest see the post above until you discover what it is you're looking for......

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
well I was only going to try it once or twice...so its not like I would be trying it every workout....

anyways I already be doing the cardio (a shitload of swimming 3-4x/week)...

I just wanna try it on LONG distance swims....to see how it really works when the "heat" is on ;)

Workman

Banned
Awards
well I was only going to try it once or twice...so its not like I would be trying it every workout....

anyways I already be doing the cardio (a shitload of swimming 3-4x/week)...

I just wanna try it on LONG distance swims....to see how it really works when the "heat" is on ;)

Definitely let me know how it goes bro. I got some endurance events coming up.

Thanks.

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Workman

Definitely let me know how it goes bro. I got some endurance events coming up.

Thanks.
shiiiiit....I'll be trying this on tuesday then :D

ex_banana-eater

Awards
  • Established
Ive been pondering, since sodium bicarbonate is so hard to ingest orally without a stomace ache, you could try capping your own using HARD capsules. Other than that I would think sublingual would be the second best method of administration.