TD DHEA

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
Ive heard so many conflicting opinouns on dhea. Some say its possible to make in a transdermal and it is indeed more effective as a td. Others say u can not supplement it as a td. My question is does anyone have any expierence with dhea in td form? I know for a fact that it would be way easier on the liver and most likely reduce some feedback in the estro loop in td form.. but im unsure if absorbition rates would be effective. DHEA has many benefits, and i was just trying to see if it would be more beneficial to use in td form, or if this would not work, thanks.

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
Yep DHEA has a low enough Molecular Weight to pass the epidermal barrier. Just make sure that you dissolve it in a Lipophilic carrier.
It is more bioavailable, and it bypasses the liver which avoids some unwanted side effects.
However one thing I noticed is when I use TD DHEA or TD 7-keto DHEA I get drowsy @ 20mg.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
antigravity do you have any guesses as to what caused the lethargy? I was thinking of making a TD with formestane and dhea and possibly t-res.

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
antigravity do you have any guesses as to what caused the lethargy? I was thinking of making a TD with formestane and dhea and possibly t-res.
guesses- is that DHEA (according to studies) can mess with your GABA A receptors.

Also: some anti-corticoid/anti-stress medications also tend to sedate as a side effect of cortisol suppression- however this I am only speculating.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Also: some anti-corticoid/anti-stress medications also tend to sedate as a side effect of cortisol suppression- however this I am only speculating.
Is that how anti psychotic like xanax, for example, works?

Antigravity

Antigravity

Awards
Is that how anti psychotic like xanax, for example, works?
Alprazolam attenuates vasopressin-stimulated adrenocorticotropin and cortisol release: evidence for synergy between vasopressin and corticotropin-releasing hormone in humans

DJ Torpy, JE Grice, GI Hockings, MM Walters, GV Crosbie and RV Jackson
Department of Medicine, University of Queensland, Greenslopes Hospital, Brisbane, Australia.

Alprazolam (APZ), a triazolobenzodiazepine with unique clinical utility, has potent inhibitory effects on the human hypothalamic- pituitary-adrenal axis. Because APZ inhibits CRH secretion from isolated rat hypothalami and inhibits the probable CRH-mediated effect of naloxone on ACTH release, it is likely APZ acts as an inhibitor of hypothalamic CRH release in humans. The two principal physiological ACTH secretagogues are CRH and arginine vasopressin (AVP). We studied the ACTH and cortisol responses to an ACTH-releasing dose of AVP with and without preadministration of APZ in humans. Our hypothesis was that acute CRH deprivation by APZ would attenuate the ACTH response to vasopressin, as CRH and AVP act synergistically to control ACTH release. This synergy may depend on activation of subpopulations of corticotropes, some of which require both CRH and AVP together to elicit an ACTH response and/or intracellular "cross-talk" between second messenger pathways stimulated by the secretagogues. APZ (2 mg, orally) was given to eight healthy volunteers 90 min before AVP (0.0143 IU/kg BW, iv) in a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled design during afternoon studies. ACTH and cortisol levels were measured at frequent intervals from 60 min before to 120 min after AVP injection. APZ reduced the mean integrated ACTH and cortisol responses to AVP by 67% and 70% respectively [ACTH, 161.6 +/- 59.7 vs. 53.0 +/- 20.9 pmol/min.L (P = 0.022); cortisol, 9314 +/- 3310 vs. 2763 +/- 1472 nmol/min.L (P = 0.020, AVP vs. APZ/AVP, respectively)]. APZ reduced the mean peak ACTH and cortisol responses to AVP by 57% (P = 0.023) and 40% (P = 0.0012), respectively. AVP levels were not significantly different in those who received APZ or placebo. This study provides further evidence of the potent inhibitory effects of APZ on ACTH and cortisol release in humans and is the first to find that APZ inhibits AVP- stimulated ACTH and cortisol release. This study also suggests that CRH/AVP synergy is an important physiological mechanism for ACTH release in humans, as indicated by the blunted ACTH response to AVP after APZ-mediated acute CRH deprivation. Inhibition of the pituitary- adrenal axis by APZ may explain its unique efficacy in psychiatric disorders thought to be associated with dysregulation of hypothalamic CRH release.
According to this study- showing that Xanax (Alprazolam) blunts cortisol release; I would infer yes.

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
How would Busirone Buspar-anti anxiety) react? Same way?

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
You know primordial performance makes Trans-DHEA in there product dermacrine, I personally liked it and it worked. You can search AM, and im shure ud find a lot of review on a product thats been out for a few years.

Augustus

Augustus

Awards
Yeah, I've tried several of their topicals and they work very well.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21