DMSO

vladimirb68

Awards
I remember 5-6 years ago DMSO was a popular addition believed to improve absorption of topicals. I don't see it used or mentioned anymore. Did I miss some new info with regard to its safety or effectiveness?
Thanks!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I remember 5-6 years ago DMSO was a popular addition believed to improve absorption of topicals. I don't see it used or mentioned anymore. Did I miss some new info with regard to its safety or effectiveness?
Thanks!
It's great for home brewing, but most dont use topicals anymore. That and it being extremely irritating to the skin, and the garlic breath.

if I was doing hormonals I might look into it again, but I can get great results without the flaking skin.

Though if you do use it, try not to let anything touch that area for a long time, before or after, it will pull anything and everything through your dermis.. to include dye from a colored shirt.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I still use it, in small quantities with formestane, and add that mix to Penetrate.

icon0561

icon0561

Awards
I still use it, in small quantities with formestane, and add that mix to Penetrate.
Whats the max percentage of DMSO used in penetrate to make it effective but not produce the garlic breath?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Whats the max percentage of DMSO used in penetrate to make it effective but not produce the garlic breath?
I really don't know.. would depend a lot on the quality of the DMSO that you have. Mine is 90%. I use 2 ounces.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The smell has nothing to do with the purity, DMSO is a sulfoxide, and sulfoxide metabolite. I know some claim to avoid the negative with a high purity, but that is incorrect as DMSO is Dimethyl sulfoxide.

icon0561

icon0561

Awards
I really don't know.. would depend a lot on the quality of the DMSO that you have. Mine is 90%. I use 2 ounces.
So 2oz DMSO added to penetrate (8oz) would make it 20%. Do you notice the smell/breath with that concentration?