Transdermal PEA?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried TD PEA? I was just wondering that PEA will get chewed up by the liver so effectively that TD might just work. Worth a try perhaps?

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
Anyone tried TD PEA? I was just wondering that PEA will get chewed up by the liver so effectively that TD might just work. Worth a try perhaps?
The problem is not the liver its the enzyme MAO-B. Stack with MAO-B inhib.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
Interesting idea. PEA works, if we are thinking of the same one. I have taken up to 1.2 grams lol. Not recommended for most users, I was testing some theories out.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
MAO-B is basically in the liver for practical purposes. Basically you swallow -> stomach -> vein to liver -> liver chomp chomp chomp

What you are trying to do is get PEA past the BBB. PEA dissolving through a vein - stands a chance.

Once you in the business of MAO inactivation you're basically into potent and potentially dangerous (even fatal) stuff. A barrel of hordenine will work that the safest route but I'm not keen on that 'cause effective MAO inhibition carries so many sides its crazy and again if its too effective contraindication could kill. Okay I'm not at risk of that - but its a big risk for a little bit of feel good factor.

I'll give it whirl. I just need to think whether the PEA will disolve in alcohol, directly in the TD or in water. I did TD Q10 and that worked much more effective than oral - very wierd at first but I got use to it quickly.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Interesting idea. PEA works, if we are thinking of the same one. I have taken up to 1.2 grams lol. Not recommended for most users, I was testing some theories out.
Indeed not recommended but it'll not hurt - liver makes sure of that.

If you'd knocked out your MAO enzymes and taken 1.2g PEA ... go straight to causality.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You would want a gentle carrier, and apply to the temples.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I did this. Used straight up DMSO as the carrier. It worked. I never noticed PEA very much if when I took it orally so I had a bunch left. I just took a little and dumped it on my thigh and added some dmso and rubbed it in. Then when it dried I added some more.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Got it. I've 20g of the stuff. So 'a little' is probably in order. Certainly if 20g of PEA found its way to the brain -- forget any further ideas of living.

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
yeah lol who said use 20 grams? I just used the tip of a spoon to get some out of the jar and then added DMSO. once it was on my skin and then rubbed it around. I think I'm going to try it again now then go to the gym

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
If it takes 1-1.5g to get the feel of it orally, how little do you use for TD?

MuscleBound1337

MuscleBound1337

Awards
  • Established
I used between 150-200 mg. Not a really strong feeling, but I feel more focused, so i'm sure if you wanted to feel more stimulated you could try more. Ive used at least a 1.5 grams orally and never really noticed much of anything.

FYI777

Awards
Tried transdermal PEA before working-out and NADA results,at least during my 1 hour workout, but had a little effect after my workout(slight to moderate mental effects) which would make sense thinking about the pharmakinetics of transdermal delivery,with a real slow,gradual comedown,unlike the abrupt comedown of using orally.Took about 350mg.PEA and just added DMSO gel.Wanted fast penetration through dermal layers.Rubbed it on my forearms(underside).Maybe should try on my temples though.

Hyde12

Awards
  • Established
For the love of God! Stop trying these retarded things and gets some Deprenyl!

h22t88

Awards
Even with Dep. I'd be VERY careful. I got a script for it from my doctor and went home and immediately tried it. Took a little too much and nearly died from serotonin syndrome. My blood pressure went to over 240/130. I could not sit still. Was running around my house in a full blown panic attack like a chicken with it's head cutoff, ready to call 911. Something I wouldn't wish on anyone. Felt like I was dying for sure.

h22t88

Awards
It's a very short lived boost. Maybe 15 min. Feels great at first and then just becomes too much. If you happen to find just the right dose, it begs for binging

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Deprenyl is a MAO inhibitor and unless you're dosing >5mg should be fine. It'll help PEA get into the brain and not get chewed by the liver.

The problem with PEA is it'll chewed by the liver thats why TD is a possible option. Its just a mood boost nothing more.