penetrate/form

littlrook

Awards
thinking about making my own td, and was wondering how much i can put into the penetrate without it leaving a powder on my skin.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
5g goes in easy, Hank said 7g was too much; 6g is probably the upper limit on the current Penetrate.
Seeing as how that's the increments NP sells it at, it's just a match made in heaven.:D Was it 5 easy with heating or without? I know heating has always enabled me to get an additional gram or 2 into solution no problem.

ttrain74

Awards
Well let us know how that goes because 5g formestane was very grainy even with alot of heating. I finally had to add some benzyl alcohol to it to get it into solution.

wheels

Awards
  • Established
Seeing as how that's the increments NP sells it at, it's just a match made in heaven.:D Was it 5 easy with heating or without? I know heating has always enabled me to get an additional gram or 2 into solution no problem.
The new penetrate is much better than the old with heat 5gm goes in with no problem and stay suspended its a greatly improved

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The new penetrate is much better than the old with heat 5gm goes in with no problem and stay suspended its a greatly improved
Good to hear!

dalto

dalto

Awards
I must be doing something wrong. 5 grams Form into Penetrate with heat and plenty of mixing... It's still pretty grainy. Did the benzyl help and how much?

dalto

dalto

Awards
Yeah, new formula. Warmed it before pouring into pyrex and then heated it slowly to low heat. Didn't know how hot it should be though. It was too hot to touch. It seems to stay mixed ok if I shake it up really good but still get some grit when I apply it.

Does it need to stay in heat for a while after you've mixed the form? Going to purchase some more when it runs out. Even with it not mixed completely I still feel great at 4 pumps 2 x daily, Monday - Friday.

wheels

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, new formula. Warmed it before pouring into pyrex and then heated it slowly to low heat. Didn't know how hot it should be though. It was too hot to touch. It seems to stay mixed ok if I shake it up really good but still get some grit when I apply it.

Does it need to stay in heat for a while after you've mixed the form? Going to purchase some more when it runs out. Even with it not mixed completely I still feel great at 4 pumps 2 x daily, Monday - Friday.
Once the water was hot I placed the pyrex with penetrate and trione in it for about 5mins mixing with a spoon until the penetrate thin out ,then remove pyrex from water and allow to cool for about 10-12mins.I also got a little grit,but it rubbed nicely into the skin with no flaking

ttrain74

Awards
I don't know Trione probably dissolves better. Formestane is a bitch. I used the newest version of penetrate and heated the heck out of it in a hot water bath and still grainy. I probably added 5-10 mls of benzyl alcohol and now it is good to go, just not quite a lotion consistency anymore. If I were to do it over again I would dissolve the powder in hot water bath with the BA first, then pour in the lotion. From what I gather, BA is an excellent carrier/penetrant anyway. I might even go with the BA/Acetone/IsoOH spray pretreated with a little DMSO that is talked about in the yohimbe thread. Easy and cheap!! And if you want to scratch the DMSO look into the following that I found really interesting!
Dimethyl Isosorbide
alpha bisabolol

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what exactly is penetrate?

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
im not good with math so how many mg would 1 squit of penetrate/5g form give you? im trying to compare the numbers from this and the CEL version coming out. im thinking (off the top of my head) it would be more cost effective to get NP pen/form. i want to place an order soon, but not sure if i should wait for CEL version or not =/

wheels

Awards
  • Established
im not good with math so how many mg would 1 squit of penetrate/5g form give you? im trying to compare the numbers from this and the CEL version coming out. im thinking (off the top of my head) it would be more cost effective to get NP pen/form. i want to place an order soon, but not sure if i should wait for CEL version or not =/
NP site say 5gm of form in penetrate will yield 23mg/ml,1 pump of the new penetrate=1.8ml so it looks like 23mg/ml*1.8ml=41.4mg

Last edited:
prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you go by measurements converted from ounces it would work out to something like this:

8oz = 240ml

5000mg Form/ 240ml = 20.8mg/ ml
20.8mg X 1.8ml(amount per pump) = 37.4mg of Form/ pump

wheels

Awards
  • Established
If you go by measurements converted from ounces it would work out to something like this:

8oz = 240ml

5000mg Form/ 240ml = 20.8mg/ ml
20.8mg X 1.8ml(amount per pump) = 37.4mg of Form/ pump
On the NP site it said the new penetrate is only 215ml

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
On the NP site it said the new penetrate is only 215ml
If that's the case, then the solution is closer to 7oz then 8oz as labeled and your calculation are correct sir.:thumbsup:

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If that's the case, then the solution is closer to 7oz then 8oz as labeled and your calculation are correct sir.:thumbsup:
My pyrex had the bottle of Penetrate right at the 8oz mark.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Okay, then my original calculations are correct.:) Thanks for the clarificatoin IC.:thumbsup:

Just for the sake of numbers and conversions(in case others wish to work from ounces to milliliters):

1oz = 29.5735ml (or 30ml)

8oz X 30 = 240ml

5000/240 = 20.833X1.8 = 37.5

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
ive read a lot of posts about form not mixing well with penetrate creating a "grainy/chalky" texture. is there anyway to help with this? is this a result of not mixing the form with pene. prior to heating? if so could you use a blender or egg beaters, or something? as always thanks =)

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had that problem. I'll be purchasing CEL's product next time I want to try some Form.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
i just got my form/pen in the mail and after doing a search on the forums, im hesitant how well its gonna go. a lot of people have been following it exactly as the pics and instructions say on the product info, but they are still getting a grainy texture. almost wishing i would have waited for the CEL version. however its only 3 grams.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i just got my form/pen in the mail and after doing a search on the forums, im hesitant how well its gonna go. a lot of people have been following it exactly as the pics and instructions say on the product info, but they are still getting a grainy texture. almost wishing i would have waited for the CEL version. however its only 3 grams.
Heat the Penetrate first THEN slowly add the Form. I did this and mine was still a little grainy, but not bad...but again, I'll be buying CEL's next time. Less product, yes, but better quality than I can make myself.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
* glances over at baggy with a bottle of penetrate and 5g bag of form*

Interesting read. I will be trying his out myself in....2.5-3 months. Or I may save it for post PCT use when I run a hormonal product this winter.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With the price per gram you'll save about $1.20 homebrewing(40cents/gram). The price of convenience is up to you.:thumbsup:

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
5g goes in easy, Hank said 7g was too much; 6g is probably the upper limit on the current Penetrate.
i made this myself last week and it seemed to be ok but as time goes on there seems to be bigger chunks of powder forming. can u reheat it to help it dissolve back in?

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I would like to try the penetrate/form but I am nervous that it would not turn out right.

ryaroberts

ryaroberts

Awards
  • Established
someone should make a youtube video on how to properly mix pen/form =)

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am trying to find a pyrex to do this with. Not sure where to get. Can I just use a mason jar on a hot pan of water to brew this?

Yeah I am hillbilly, stfu I have mason jars and all the stuff for capping food :\

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am trying to find a pyrex to do this with. Not sure where to get. Can I just use a mason jar on a hot pan of water to brew this?

Yeah I am hillbilly, stfu I have mason jars and all the stuff for capping food :\
hahaha. you should be able to find a pyrex at walmart i think.

BingeAndPurge

BingeAndPurge

Awards
  • Established
I am in Iraq and ran plain hot water through a coffee maker, put the pen in a glass, added the form, mixed, and it is grainy. I've redone this several times every few days because it keeps getting thick and grainy. Any other advice?

Imnotascoolas

Awards
I am in Iraq and ran plain hot water through a coffee maker, put the pen in a glass, added the form, mixed, and it is grainy. I've redone this several times every few days because it keeps getting thick and grainy. Any other advice?
Leave it out in the sun :/ should be hot enough there to melt it right?:nana:

I have no idea, here's a bump, and thanks for your service!