Make a transdermal

Haltera

Haltera

Awards
Hi, was considering to make some 4AD+OHT Transdermal...
Problem is I dont remember how much powder could a DMSO+limonene carrier support (ml --> gram of powder)... (I have about 1 liter of DMSO+limonene+alcohol mix)

I was going to use about 12gr oht + 24gr 4AD...

Also, I cant remember how to mix the products correctly (I have searched but looks like some of the old threads have been deleted)

It was something like this right?:
1. put the amount of carrier in a jar
2. boil some water in a pot
3. put the jar inside the pot about 1 min
4. drop all the powder slowly until the mix is done...(the jar out of the pot already)

My questions would be:
¿Do I need something to mix the powder with the carrier more efficiently?

I remember there was a more "sophisticated method" using half the amount of carrier with half the powder, then adding more carrier, heat it, then more powder, bla bla... I remember it worked even better and would be fabulous if someone could help me...

Sorry guys, I know I am clueless but I need a hand here ;(

FlawedGrunt

FlawedGrunt

Awards
  • Established
Oh boy... its beena long time since I touched a transdermal... someone correct me if im wrong but I think a 4oz carrier can hold 7 grams of powder and a 8oz can hold 14 grams... im not sure though thats just what I remember off the top of my head from the s1+ days

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
nobody can help me here?
DMSO and alcohol are both great solvents, so you should be able to dissolve your powders readily without any major procedures. I am not entirely familiar with the two powders you mention, but I'd be hard pressed to believe they would not readily dissolve. Though with amounts of powder you are talking, it think it might crash. Primordial Products makes a transdermal formula called Topical Solution thats alcohol based and I believe has d-Limonene in it. They have compounding instructions on their website. These instructions should be very close to what you need.

Better yet, get serious and get Phlojel Ultra. Its got the best absorption out there (on par with DMSO) with NO stink.

Hope this helps.

Haltera

Haltera

Awards
DMSO and alcohol are both great solvents, so you should be able to dissolve your powders readily without any major procedures. I am not entirely familiar with the two powders you mention, but I'd be hard pressed to believe they would not readily dissolve. Though with amounts of powder you are talking, it think it might crash. Primordial Products makes a transdermal formula called Topical Solution thats alcohol based and I believe has d-Limonene in it. They have compounding instructions on their website. These instructions should be very close to what you need.

Better yet, get serious and get Phlojel Ultra. Its got the best absorption out there (on par with DMSO) with NO stink.

Hope this helps.
Thanks man, problem is I am from europe and have problems getting those products through customs right now... Do you guys remember the process to add the powders to the carrier (for example dermabolics) and the limit of powder in each ml? Thank you very much FlawedGrunt and Centeroiler for you help ;)

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Thanks man, problem is I am from europe and have problems getting those products through customs right now... Do you guys remember the process to add the powders to the carrier (for example dermabolics) and the limit of powder in each ml? Thank you very much FlawedGrunt and Centeroiler for you help ;)
Bro, thats what I'm saying. Look on PP's website. They have directions for adding powders and limits for their Topical Solution formula.

Haltera

Haltera

Awards
Bro, thats what I'm saying. Look on PP's website. They have directions for adding powders and limits for their Topical Solution formula.
Thanks for your help but I was refering to a dermabolics like carrier... Also, do you remember that process that involved boiling water and even a microwave? that was a very accurate process to ensure a correct dosage and a good solution...
Maybe you're correct and this process could work,

How much ml's of carrier should work with 12gr of hydroxytestosterone? 200, 300ml maybe?

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Thanks for your help but I was refering to a dermabolics like carrier... Also, do you remember that process that involved boiling water and even a microwave? that was a very accurate process to ensure a correct dosage and a good solution...
Maybe you're correct and this process could work,

How much ml's of carrier should work with 12gr of hydroxytestosterone? 200, 300ml maybe?
I think this is sold as 7oz/215ml, at least thats what it looks like. But it says right on the directions to add no more than 6 grams of powder per bottle. So, looks like you'd need 2 bottles.

I'd still go with Phlojel Ultra.

hormonedude

Awards
I don't think you will have any problems getting the Phlojel Ultra through customs from the US. They ship the stuff all over the country and some how he fills out the Customs label it gets through. If you go to the phlojelultra.us website be aware that the $5.60 shipping is for US customers only. You will have to email your address to them and they will send you the exact shipping charges and directions on how to pay the extra. Its best to get a couple of friends that want it also and split the order to save on shipping.

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
I don't think you will have any problems getting the Phlojel Ultra through customs from the US. They ship the stuff all over the country and some how he fills out the Customs label it gets through. If you go to the phlojelultra.us website be aware that the $5.60 shipping is for US customers only. You will have to email your address to them and they will send you the exact shipping charges and directions on how to pay the extra. Its best to get a couple of friends that want it also and split the order to save on shipping.
??? Of course not. Phlojel isn't a controlled substance. Plus, you're talking about shipping it domestic.

Anyways, you shouldn't have any problems importing Phlojel. It's not a drug.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
if you go to Nutra planet's site and look at penetrate there's directions right there....

ttrain74

Awards
Phlojel still looks like the best carrier. I used 5 grams formestane in Primordial's new carrier from Nutraplanet, Penetrate, and it didn't want to hold. Grainy as hell and I was getting pissed. The second time I used just enough Benzyl Alcohol to dissolve the Form in a glass jar prepared in a hot water bath, then added the lotion and it seems to hold.

Ergopharm's old 4Diol spray consisted of Ethanol, Iso Myristate, and water. That worked awesome for me and that would be easy to make. I think it contained 10 to 12 grams per 8 oz bottle.

Or you could try Big Cats formula of Dissolving the powder in Benzyl Alcohol, then diluting to a desired concentration with a 4 to 5 ratio of acetone and Iso alcohol. He goes on to talk about pre treating the skin with Dmso 5-10 minutes before application.

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Phlojel still looks like the best carrier. I used 5 grams formestane in Primordial's new carrier from Nutraplanet, Penetrate, and it didn't want to hold. Grainy as hell and I was getting pissed. The second time I used just enough Benzyl Alcohol to dissolve the Form in a glass jar prepared in a hot water bath, then added the lotion and it seems to hold.

Ergopharm's old 4Diol spray consisted of Ethanol, Iso Myristate, and water. That worked awesome for me and that would be easy to make. I think it contained 10 to 12 grams per 8 oz bottle.

Or you could try Big Cats formula of Dissolving the powder in Benzyl Alcohol, then diluting to a desired concentration with a 4 to 5 ratio of acetone and Iso alcohol. He goes on to talk about pre treating the skin with Dmso 5-10 minutes before application.

Good stuff bro. Yes, thats what I love about Phlojel Ultra, it will hold, and by a large margin too, more product than any of the other transdermal formulas I've seen. If you have powder left on your skin, it certainly is getting wasted. Phlojel's absortion rate also reportedy goes up, the higher the concentration of powder. This is within limits of course. When working on the high end of the spectrum with Phlojel, it may be neccessary to use some solvent to dissolve your powder when compounding.

Hey Train, do you have a link to Big Cats article? A lot of bros, including myself, use this method of pre-treating with DMSO. It really seems to help. I have an article somewhere that lays out a lot of these principles and formulas, as well. I'll post it if I can find it.

ttrain74

Awards
Got it from a thread near the bottom of the page:

"Any thoughts on Big Cat's Transdermal?"
Can't post the link because I'm under 50 posts.

Also I read the home made yohimbe sticky and he touches base on the concept more.

The phlojel has always been an interest and I have been searching high and low for info on making a home brew equivalent. The lecithin and iso palmitate are easy to find but not the pluronic f127 carbomer? Being a paste kinda sounds like a pain for filling the syringes. Does one have to have the pluronic? Can it be substituted for something else to keep it more of a liquid? Very interesting stuff. T

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Got it from a thread near the bottom of the page:

"Any thoughts on Big Cat's Transdermal?"
Can't post the link because I'm under 50 posts.

Also I read the home made yohimbe sticky and he touches base on the concept more.

The phlojel has always been an interest and I have been searching high and low for info on making a home brew equivalent. The lecithin and iso palmitate are easy to find but not the pluronic f127 carbomer? Being a paste kinda sounds like a pain for filling the syringes. Does one have to have the pluronic? Can it be substituted for something else to keep it more of a liquid? Very interesting stuff. T
Yeah, I can't post links either. But, I've got a lot of stuff from SnowDriftFarms(dot)com. They are a soap and lotion making site with just about everything for transdermals. They even have SD40B Ethyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, etc. They have carbomers, everything. This a home-brewers paradise.

For the price of Phlojel and how good it works though, why make your own? I like the consistency and the way it meters out in 1gr/1ml segments out of the syringe. It also allows you to warm it up before applying it. I use a microwavable baby-bottle warmer!

Enjoy!

Oh and BTW, the Yohimbe Home-Brew sticky is the balls. Geez, to think its been there the whole time and I'm just finally reading it now. I'm such a dumb-ass.:laugh:

SammyDaHamma

Awards
ya i keep hearing about the hair dryer... the niacin im only making the assumption that it would help cause of the blood rushing to your skin... my skin turns real red, so i thought the increased blood flow would help?

SammyDaHamma

Awards
one thing im wondering about phlojel: how to get equal dosings, just a bottle n pump? same amount of pumps each day?

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
one thing im wondering about phlojel: how to get equal dosings, just a bottle n pump? same amount of pumps each day?
Phlojel is too thick to spray. The best way to administer is by dosing out 1gr using a 60cc catheter-tip syringe or get a "tottle" at Snowdrift and squeeze out a measured amount and rub on your skin. No need for "5" inaccurate pumps of goo like most TD's. Again, Basskiller's site has lots of info on this.

Niacin is a vasodilator, so go for it if you want. I think its a little overboard though. At some point you gotta say hell, I'm just going to inject it.

Haltera

Haltera

Awards
How many ml of dermabolics carrier would I need to put 12gr of hydroxytest on solution? I guess 400ml (maybe 500ml)??
Same question for 4AD...

feedback is appreciated guys XD