---5 g Tren+7 g 4 ad+ T Gel: The FINAL WORD----

F

fullycovered

Awards
Okay guys, to those that were reading up on my original thread about how I was having trouble w/my gel not mixing properly, I have just completed the process(MUCH thanks to Big Daddy Chemo) this afternoon.....

Originally, I just added the crushed up fina pellets(5 g of comp TH) and the 4 ad to the gel, and I kept having trouble w/the gel b/c it was separating into 2 different substances....

First, I got hold of Red Devil Lye and made a solution of 1 tbsp of this along w/a cup of water, this was done in order to bring the pH level back to an acceptable range.....This worked eventually, I ended up adding about 20 drops of the NaO2 into my gel and finally got it to about 7.7-7.8...........**NOTE---I may have made this solution a little weaker than expected, I say this b/c 20 drops of NaO2 seemed like a little much, but according to my test papers, it worked out just fine for me****

There was still a separation problem I was running into, and after playing PM tag w/BDC we finally hooked up today to see what could be done to get the gel back to how it should be........

THE SOLUTION???? PLAIN OLD WATER!!!!!!

Now, BDC was saying I could use glycerol to add to my gel, but unfortunately I don't have any, so the next best thing was distilled water, which I didn't have any of either.....I did have purified water, so I drew up 5 ml of the water and added it to my bottle, shook it up for 30 sec. and things started to mix nicely.....after letting it sit for about 45 min, there was still a TINY bit of separation, so I went ahead and added another 5 ml of water to bring the total to 10ml of water...........it is now PERFECT, I have a pic of it here I just have to figure out how the hell to get it on the site....

So that's that, very simple process, DO I GET MY BADGE NOW ??? hehehehe.

I can't wait til Mon, the fun begins....... now i just need to figure out dosages for the gel, but I'm running it w/drol for the first 3 weeks and then probably winny, my stats at the moment are 5'10, 197 lbs, about 9%bf, 32 in waist so I'm gonna just go for more size, I am naturally skinny so the bf gain doesn't really bother me, hell it's winter in Chicago so I have plenty of time to cut(hence the winny at the end).

Much thanks to Big Daddy Chemo for taking the time to fix this w/me, I really thought I was screwed.......I'll update my results of my upcoming cycle as soon as I start.

C

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
So what you ar saying is that when making a fina mix without washing the ester off(just crushing them up). You have to add about 10ml of distilled water to make the solution work... Or do you have to still get the ph to 7.7 and then add the distilled water????? Let me know.. talk to ya..

F

fullycovered

Awards
I believe it's both, as the pH level was not in the proper range when I just went w/the crushed fina pellets, which was where the lye came in.......and the water was added later to counteract the cellulose in the fina pellets(the binders).

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I thought the lye was supposed to remove the ester? That is what the syno reciepe calls for. Alcohol and lye, one of them removes the estrodiol, but I don't know which.

I'm going to try this same thing soon, so keep us updated fullycovered.

S

SteveDFW

Awards
The lye (sodium hydroxide) removes the ester and also removes the estradiol in the Syn H.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So what is the methanol for? Just to dissolve it?

Does the lye also remove the ester from fina?

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
So what went wrong to begin with and how do we stop it in the future?

First, I suspected that the addition of unseparated pellets (with binders) caused a drop in pH from 7.3 down to slightly below neutral.  Remember that pH is not a measurement of the H+ ion concentration but rather a metric for the ACTIVITY.  This takes into account the ionic atmosphere (other things dissolved).  So...say a T-1 Pro bottle...it has EVERYTHING already in solution and the pH is already adjusted before it is shipped.  I may adjust future T-gel batches to a pH of 7.7 before releasing in anticipation that someone may want to add something to it ;)  Seriously, this should drop back into range after adding powders or pellets.

If you have received a bottle and have similiar experiences please consider checking the pH as this is the most likely culprit.  The lotion consistency is best maintained from 7.2-7.4 pH.

Once we confirmed that the pH was in an acceptable range (it is better to be on the alkaline side than acidic) we had to look for other options.  For an application specific topic, the addition of raw pellets to the gel will most likely leach the glycerol from the carbomer and decrease its effectiveness at gelling (the stratification that was seen).  To correct this simply add a few mL of glycerol or PG...maybe 5 total would have worked here...and it should estabish the lotion consistency again.  In the absence of the preferred ingredients PLAIN WATER will work but may take more volume for the same effect.  For instance, we had to add 10 mL water when 5 of glycerol would have done the same.  De-ionized, distilled, then purified water is preferred in that order if need be.

fullycovered, thank you for bearing with me during the PM tag but I'm glad we had a chance to work this through.  For all the bros that follow learn from this...expect it...know how to deal with it if it happens.

Chemo

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by pogue
So what is the methanol for? Just to dissolve it?

Does the lye also remove the ester from fina?
The methanol is a solvent and the sodium hydroxide (Lye) will also saponify the ester for fina.

Chemo 

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I warned up the Ph Gel in a water bath, added 10g fina crushed pellets to the solution and it mixed just fine. No problems whatsoever.

C

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Hey Chemo is it going to be a problem since my gel has no carbomer?? Talk to ya..

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by curt2go
Hey Chemo is it going to be a problem since my gel has no carbomer?? Talk to ya..
Shouldn't be...just some lotion recipe blues ;)

I'm working on another recipe that should alleviate this for the US customers.

Chemo

C

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Heheheh. Keep up the good work.. ;) Talk to ya..

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
sorry for being stupid, but im still a little confused.

Im about to do the same thing, with 6 grams fina/ 5 grams 4ad

do you have to had the lye AND the water if there is a serparation issue or just the water/PG.

Thanks

h19

F

fullycovered

Awards
You need to see how it happens for you, put the powders into the bottle and shake, see what happens...

Test the pH level, if it isn't in range you will need the lye.

when you get it into the desired range and it still separates, then the water will be needed.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are you running your cycle yet fullycovered? if so, hows it going?

F

fullycovered

Awards
Pogue---check the cycle info page for a thread "Started my cycle today".

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
thanks man..gonna check out your cycle stats now..

h19

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
why not seperate the pellets from their binders/glues first and then mix it?

mix with a full bottle of heet(methanol); let them soak for an hour or so; let them completely dissolve

take methanol solution; pour through a coffee filter... squeeze filter and get the rest of the methanol out...

mix methanol solution with 500ml of distilled water... it will turn white milky... let it sit for a while; it will clump up

pour resulting solution through another coffee filter; and rinse several times...

the powder you have in the 2nd filter should be pure trenbolone acetate (still has the ester)

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Bean

mix with a full bottle of heet(methanol); let them soak for an hour or so; let them completely dissolve

take methanol solution; pour through a coffee filter... squeeze filter and get the rest of the methanol out...

mix methanol solution with 500ml of distilled water... it will turn white milky... let it sit for a while; it will clump up

pour resulting solution through another coffee filter; and rinse several times...

the powder you have in the 2nd filter should be pure trenbolone acetate (still has the ester)

I would think people would hesitate doing this due to the fact your yields of pure TA might would vary.  You would never know how much actual TA got into your gel/spray...well unless you tested it, but most of us can't do that anyway. 

h19

hamper19

hamper19

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by CNcurl90s44
where would one obtain this fina? :confused:

from a farmer or just search the web for synovex or finaplex

h19

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established

If one were to do this method of separating the binders it may be of value to add a tablespoon of saturated sodium hydroxide solution to the alcohol extract and saponify the ester. 

Also, use a Whatmann filter instead of a coffee filter...

Chemo

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established

If one were to do this method of separating the binders it may be of value to add a tablespoon of saturated sodium hydroxide solution to the alcohol extract and saponify the ester. 

Also, use a Whatmann filter instead of a coffee filter...

Chemo
chemo, if i'm doing this to ah, have a powder ready to create an injectable oil for my cows; would the NaOH be useful too? :)

Chemo

Chemo

Brewing Anabolic Minds
Awards
  • Established
chemo, if i'm doing this to ah, have a powder ready to create an injectable oil for my cows; would the NaOH be useful too? :)
The NaOH is used to saponify, or remove, the ester thereby making it easier to absorb transdermally.  If the powder is ready for an injectable prep I would NOT remove the ester since you will need it!

Chemo

J

Judo Tom

Awards
what would the difference be between using a syringe filter and a coffee filter???