Pregnenolone Transdermal?

Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. body wizard,
    have you experienced any PROG/e2 related sides with using PREG/DMSO topical in the manner that you are using it?

Do you have any bloodwork to verify that the DMSO/PREG Topical you are using is working?

Respekt.
    It is in my understanding that PREG TD/Topical has many added benefits over oral PREG in that it doesn't convert as readily into the feminizing hormones? correct?

Quote Originally Posted by BodyWizard View Post
    Formestane.

Washing is straightforward. I scrub all over lightly with an unscented glycerine soap. I get most of the water off w/ a regular towel, then use a hand towel to briskly rub the application areas until they are red and stimulated - and dry.

BTW - DMSO is a penetration agent, and a solvent - great at both those - but it's not the greatest carrier; you really should be using an actual medium like Phlogel, or Penetrate. Your results are almost certain to be hit-or-miss otherwise.

2. Quote Originally Posted by living2die View Post
    body wizard,
    have you experienced any PROG/e2 related sides with using PREG/DMSO topical in the manner that you are using it?
    Not using PREG, using formestane
    Quote Originally Posted by living2die View Post
    Do you have any bloodwork to verify that the DMSO/PREG Topical you are using is working?
    Not using PREG, using formestane
    Quote Originally Posted by living2die View Post
    It is in my understanding that PREG TD/Topical has many added benefits over oral PREG in that it doesn't convert as readily into the feminizing hormones? correct?
    That is my understanding, but based on representations for Dermacrine - I cannot rule on the correctness of the idea.
    •   

3. Is there an advantage of Pregnenolone over DHEA for TD?
    It seems DHEA would be better since it's further "downstream" in the pathway.

4. Quote Originally Posted by GotTest View Post
    Is there an advantage of Pregnenolone over DHEA for TD?
    What are you using the transdermal for?

Pregnenolone would be more of a nootropic and anti-aging supplement. You're not using prenenolone in hopes to increase testosterone.

If you're going for anabolism or increasing test, I don't particularly recommend either of these.

5. neither DHEA or PREG will influence your total T very much if at all. but as i understand it, if you supplement with DHEA alone, you will suppress PREG levels, and possibly decrease corticosteroid hormone/glucocorticoid and other related stress hormones, which might lead to decreased resistance to stress.

also, PREG actually is a powerful GABA antagonist which in vitro studies increases aggression. DHEA, by indirect means of reducing PREG S concentrations, reduces aggression and increases anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by GotTest View Post
    Is there an advantage of Pregnenolone over DHEA for TD?

6. OK, I follow you.
    I thought we were looking for anabolic properties here.
  7. Talking

PREG TD and DHEA TD; not anabolic in the sense of muscle building, but anabolic in the sense of brain building lol

Quote Originally Posted by GotTest View Post
    OK, I follow you.
    I thought we were looking for anabolic properties here.

8. i have used the ISO/PREG/DMSO method listed in previous post in this thread. I am using the saran wrap however. I had thought that 'hey, this DMSO stuff isn't so bad..." but today in class a kid sitting two seats behind be commented that it smelled like 'peas' in the classroom, and than another student sitting beside her said that it did indeed smell a bit funky in the classroom?!?!

so what do you think??? should i use the same application method, just use the DMSO at night before going to bed, rather than in the early morning when the DMSO is still diffusing?

Also, is it true that pure 99.98 % grade DMSO is odorless/doesnt emit garlic odor when applied to skin? maybe i should just get ahold of that...

i know gaylord chemicals has patented a DMSO that is odorless, and doesnt produce smelly sides...does anyone know where i can get it ?

9. Interesting: So if one doesnt want to use DMSO -
    would MCT oil + (Preg) + IPA make a decent minimal homemade TD formula?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Antigravity View Post
    Interesting: So if one doesnt want to use DMSO -
    would MCT oil + (Preg) + IPA make a decent minimal homemade TD formula?
    get some HOT water and add some lecithin until it dissolves. Then, mix this with your mixture and you will create a sort of emulsion that will be effective.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
    •   

11. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    slight euphoria ... and an instant calming effect. HUGE sense of well-being.

I used the Eviscerate carrier (it also has 7-OXO DHEA) as it is localized, but now I would probably modify the carrier with Emu Oil as that particular carrier can tend to irritate delicate skin.
    Did you notice that sense of well being/ euphoria from 7-keto aswell?

12. Quote Originally Posted by Antigravity View Post
    Did you notice that sense of well being/ euphoria from 7-keto aswell?
    Applied to my temples?

Not too dramatic...not like Preg.

13. I applied 7-keto TD behind the knees and on wrists- and I get this relaxed -sense of well being- feeling not too long after...

14. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    get some HOT water and add some lecithin until it dissolves. Then, mix this with your mixture and you will create a sort of emulsion that will be effective.
    I am assuming the lecithin is used due to the Phosphatidyl Choline content?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Antigravity View Post
    I am assuming the lecithin is used due to the Phosphatidyl Choline content?
    No...for it emulsifying qualities to be able to make a stable consistent carrier or alcohol, oils, and water.

16. Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    No...for it emulsifying qualities to be able to make a stable consistent carrier or alcohol, oils, and water.
    Thanks!

17. Has anyone with thyroid/adrenal issues run TD Preg for any amount of time? If so what did you experience?

I'm looking for a fix for my wife who's on Armour thyroid but seems to have a skewed T3:T4 ratio and experiences cracked skin on her fingertips.

18. Im not too sure how helpful this is- but I take Cytomel for my thyroid and added in TD DHEA blend (7 keto + regular) not too long ago- so far I havent noticed any side effects except for a mild relaxation/euphoric feeling after I apply the TD formulation.
    Is your wife taking Preg as well as Armour? Correct me if Im wrong, but aren't cracked/chapped fingertips a symptom of hypothyroidism (particularly exacerbated during winter months) ?

19. What about Dimethyl Isosorbide as a carrier?

Similar Forum Threads

1. pregnenolone
    By jsp0785 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-07-2011, 02:17 AM
  2. Too much Pregnenolone?
    By TheLittleGuy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 02:52 PM
  3. PREGNENOLONE: transdermal vs oral
    By rick055 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3