Pregnenolone Transdermal?

living2die

living2die

Awards
How might one go about making a Pregnenolone Transdermal ?

I have gotten mixed responses on this issue. Some have told me DMSO wouldn't work, and Pregnenolone is a stubborn compound which is difficultly to disperse into a carrier. Because PREG isn't a controlled substance, it is very easy to obtain for cheap.

Could someone please give me a recipe for making PREG TD homebrew? Would dermabolics and or primordial performance TD work as a carrier ?

Respekt.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont have an answer, but i'm interested to hear what others say. IIRC, there is a prescription pregnenelone td that is used by some doctors for hormone replacement

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
being a hydrophobic carboxylate, you would think it might be soluble in other hydrophobic carboxylates, like an MCT oil based carrier.

You do know you can buy a jar of preg cream for like $10.

What is your reasoning/need for a transdermal preg?

living2die

living2die

Awards
Go over to the allthingsmale website which hosts a board moderated by Dr. John Crisler (top notch HRT doc) called muscle chatroom. Dr. John is an advocate of TD PREG because he has seen in his patients a night and day difference with supplementing TD PREG vs. Oral PREG. Dr. John believes that oral PREG raises PROG while TD PREG doesn't. Some of this is speculation because there isn't a reliable test for PREG in serum blood testing. He also believes that TD PREG provides a anti-anxiety effect while PREG oral also accomplishes this but in a different fashion, causing sedation.

I am a noob as far as homebrew is concerned, but because that PREG is a legal OTC substance, I have no problem speaking frank with you on this matter.

What in the world is an MCT based carrier? lol. Could you fill me in on this ?

Also, yes I am aware that there are various TD PREG skin creams sold over the counter. I have used both youngagain and life-flo TD PREG cream and have liked them both. Dr. John advocates for 50mg/day of TD PREG in his hrt patients. The life-flo and youngagain formulations only contain about 600mg in 2 ounces, which means that one bottle of either substance would only last me about 12 days. I want to maximize my bang for my buck, which is why I want to homebrew my own PREG cream.

BTW, what PREG cream are you referring too? Have you used it before?

Respekt.

being a hydrophobic carboxylate, you would think it might be soluble in other hydrophobic carboxylates, like an MCT oil based carrier.

You do know you can buy a jar of preg cream for like $10.

What is your reasoning/need for a transdermal preg?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MCT = Medium Chain Triglyceride. I'm pretty sure Dermabolics and NP's Penetrate contain this. They'll call it something like "triglyceride complex".

The thing with Transdermals, and part of the reason I might have come off snooty in the previous post is that transdermals come with a lot more variables, and might not necessarily be better. Oral A will work just like oral B. Transdermal A and Transdermal B are two different things. Look at the research stats on Androgel and Testim.

As per the preg I had referred to, I just did a price search on young again preg cream. I am not a preg cream user, but sometimes use preg for its nootropic capabilities.

Dr. John used to be a mod here.

living2die

living2die

Awards
So are you saying that I can use a simple coconut/PREG powder mix in order to get my PREG into the bloodstream? This just seems so overly simplified. What about BigCats Transdermal carrier forumla:

How to make your own TPDS :

Take the product you wish to deliver, then add benzyl alcohol until it is entirely dissolved, even a few drops more (adequate benzyl for product). Then add a mixture of 4 parts acetone and 5 parts isopropanol, until you get the volume that gives you the desired concentration of drug per ml, and then apply as many ml as necessary to the site of application, twice daily.

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
coconut/palm oils
And while we're on this topic, the OP might find interesting
heart disease), while restoring the thyroid hormone brings cholesterol down to normal.

In this situation, however, thyroid isn't suppressing the synthesis of cholesterol, but rather is promoting its use to form hormones and bile salts. When the thyroid is functioning properly, the amount of cholesterol in the blood entering the ovary governs the amount of progesterone being produced by the ovary, and the same situation exists in all steroid-forming tissues, such as the adrenal glands and the brain.

Progesterone and its precursor, pregnenolone, have a generalized protective function: antioxidant, anti-seizure, antitoxin, anti-spasm, anti-clot, anticancer, pro-memory, pro-myelination, pro-attention, etc. Any interference with the formation of cholesterol will interfere with all of these exceedingly important protective functions.

As far as the evidence goes, it suggests that coconut oil, added regularly to a balanced diet, lowers cholesterol to normal by promoting its conversion into pregnenolone.
http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/coconut.htm

You can pick up 20oz. for $10 shipped 'til Monday . I just finished a 5page article on CO, but the benefits are huge. I try and take 2tbsp daily to build up the lauric and monolaurin levels in my body.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fun times = rub a very small amount of TD Preg onto your temples.

trust me.

/yes, serious

living2die

living2die

Awards
All you chem whizzes (definatley not me) do you think that life-flo's Pregnenolone Transdermal formulation is conducive to maximum absorption? Here is the ingredients list...

Purified Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Sunflower Seed Oil, Shea Butter, Stearic Acid, Natural Pregnenolone, Glycerine, Glyceryl Stearate, MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), Evening Primrose Oil (Oeonothera Biennis), Lecithin, Tocotrienol (Natural Super Vitamin E), Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), Sodium Bicarbonate, Allantoin, Carbomer, Potassium Sorbate, Grape Seed Extract.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would add some isopropyl alcohol.

living2die

living2die

Awards
dsade, I think the reason for the quick, acute buzz which a person psychologically experiences after applying PREG TD in the manner in which you prescribe is due to the thin epidermis in the area of the temple region, thus maximizing quick rapid absorption. Other great areas IMO is the area behind the ears, the front of the neck, and the scrotum (I know this is generally unorthodox).

Dsade, what brand do you use ?

trust me.

/yes, serious

living2die

living2die

Awards
isopropyl alcohol to the life-flo PREG ? also, I have some DMSO gel, could I rub that over the surface where the cream is to be applied, and than apply the life-flo PREG TD cream for increased absorption bio availability ?

I would add some isopropyl alcohol.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade, I think the reason for the quick, acute buzz which a person psychologically experiences after applying PREG TD in the manner in which you prescribe is due to the thin epidermis in the area of the temple region, thus maximizing quick rapid absorption. Other great areas IMO is the area behind the ears, the front of the neck, and the scrotum (I know this is generally unorthodox).

Dsade, what brand do you use ?
I believe it's due to that, but also the proximity to the brain, which results in a rapid effect there - slight euphoria (enough to make your eyes roll) and an instant calming effect. HUGE sense of well-being.

I used the Eviscerate carrier (it also has 7-OXO DHEA) as it is localized, but now I would probably modify the carrier with Emu Oil as that particular carrier can tend to irritate delicate skin.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
isopropyl alcohol to the life-flo PREG ? also, I have some DMSO gel, could I rub that over the surface where the cream is to be applied, and than apply the life-flo PREG TD cream for increased absorption bio availability ?
DMSO pretty much bulldozes anything through.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, its the hormone chain

pregnenelone->dhea->testosterone->DHT

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could you look at BigCat's transdermal recipe that I posted above? What did you think about it ?

I am not a fan of the acetone in there.

You can usually fine a decent grade of liquid MCT oil for pretty cheap at some supplement stores.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

trust me.

/yes, serious
Does this lead to high neurosteroid action?

That could be fun.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, its the hormone chain

pregnenelone->dhea->testosterone->DHT
Oh, but that's only half of it

It also goes to

preg -> progesterone -> cortisone -> cortisol -> aldosterone

Progesterone can go to estrone as well

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what interests me about this is that unlike most transdermals, there isn't much of a transfer risk in terms of negative sides

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I buy 1gal pails of it nowadays :D
I may be at that levels of addiction soon. My 12oz. is over half empty in 2 days, somehow I'm ODing lol :) I just started the NOW brand, and it sort of tingles the tongue, thats probably whats got me hooked. THe last DME CO I used tasted too "plastic-y".

I am not a fan of the acetone in there.

You can usually fine a decent grade of liquid MCT oil for pretty cheap at some supplement stores.
How would you rank our http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/ultimate-nutrition/mct-gold-32-oz.html . $16 shipped for 32oz. is pretty convenient:type:

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I was gonna say, i thought nutra sold MCT oil.

living2die

living2die

Awards
I have vet grade DMSO (98.9 % pure DMSO). Could I just add some crushed up PREG tablets or raw PREG powder and apply to my skin for a cheap homemade TD ?

Thanks

DMSO pretty much bulldozes anything through.

living2die

living2die

Awards
I am in contact with a MD who operates out of AL. He told me through email that DMSO wouldn't work as a carrier for PREG. I think the issue here is getting the PREG to dissolve in the DMSO gel carrier. Could I just heat the DMSO gel up, and than add the raw PREG powder ?

Also, Fina users report using a more primitive method of grinding the Fina pellets into a powder, applying to desirable skin region, and applying the DMSO gel after over the ground of Fina pellets.

This morning, I applied the DMSO gel, ground up OTC Source Naturals 50mg PREG tablets (they are soo cheap, couldn't resist) and then placed the ground up powder over the DMSO app site. The DMSO stung a bit, but about 30 minutes later, all of the powder seemed to have been absorbed into the skin.

Anyone tried this? Please help I am getting so much conflicting information !

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have vet grade DMSO (98.9 % pure DMSO). Could I just add some crushed up PREG tablets or raw PREG powder and apply to my skin for a cheap homemade TD ?

Thanks
The fillers wont dissolve and it will be grainy.

Grab some PReg from beyond-a-century - cheap and high quality.

living2die

living2die

Awards
For 20 grams, that is a really good price at about $11 that is a really good price.

The politics of finding a raw PREG powder aren't my concern, just the effective delivery method seems to be problematic. Mixed reports and the like about using DMSO as a carrier continue to vex me. Have you used the aforementioned PREG /DMSO carrier in the past ?

Thanks!

The fillers wont dissolve and it will be grainy.

Grab some PReg from beyond-a-century - cheap and high quality.

living2die

living2die

Awards
Wow EasyEJL. I am forever in gratitude to you for finding this priceless gem of wisdom for me. When you can back up your statements with scientific evidence , you understand and practice the scientific method better than most.

I am assuming that the DSMO stat sheet could extend to DMSO gel as well? Note the DMSO gel I have is vet grade at over 98% pure.

Well once again, thanks a lot EasyEJL. If I knew how to give out rep points I would give you about 1000000. lol

I would think penetrate would work with it, molecular weight is 316.483 g/mol and its hydrophobic.

http://www.gaylordchemical.com/bulletins/bulletin102b/Bulletin102B.pdf

shows 2.4g pregnenelone is soluble in 100ml DMSO :)

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i'd say you could expect that same level into the gel, might have to warm it to get it all into solution as i'd imagine that mixing the gel is a pain.

so lets say 2g per 100ml worth, 4oz bottle is a little over 100ml. used at 2ml a day thats 50 days worth of 40mg/day. Not sure how much you were planning on dosing a day, I've never really looked too deep into transdermal preg before

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For 20 grams, that is a really good price at about $11 that is a really good price.

The politics of finding a raw PREG powder aren't my concern, just the effective delivery method seems to be problematic. Mixed reports and the like about using DMSO as a carrier continue to vex me. Have you used the aforementioned PREG /DMSO carrier in the past ?

Thanks!
I prefer a localized carrier. Benzyl Alcohol + DMSO would work, but would be very irritating.

If you do this, follow up with an emmolient.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why localized? and what sort of dosage would you think is good matt?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why localized? and what sort of dosage would you think is good matt?
Localized would give the best chance to be absorbed neurally.

IIRC, I dissolved about 2 grams into 4 ounces...it doesn't take much at all.

living2die

living2die

Awards
What exactly is a localized carrier? Are you referring to the life-flo PREG product, which uses a bunch of oils and MSM as a TD carrier?

Last night I swabbed the TD site with isopropyl alcohol, applied the DMSO gel, spread the ground up PREG powder tablets and waited...it was hot and irritating for about 15 minutes. I did notice the PREG requiem for a dream experience that many like dsade report. After it had been absorbed, it looked like I had a 3rd degree burn at the application site...localized redness lol. I could also taste garlic. But IMO, the garlic smelly stench that it suppose to go along with it is a farse...I didn't experience any of that.

Localized would give the best chance to be absorbed neurally.

IIRC, I dissolved about 2 grams into 4 ounces...it doesn't take much at all.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What exactly is a localized carrier? Are you referring to the life-flo PREG product, which uses a bunch of oils and MSM as a TD carrier?

Last night I swabbed the TD site with isopropyl alcohol, applied the DMSO gel, spread the ground up PREG powder tablets and waited...it was hot and irritating for about 15 minutes. I did notice the PREG requiem for a dream experience that many like dsade report. After it had been absorbed, it looked like I had a 3rd degree burn at the application site...localized redness lol. I could also taste garlic. But IMO, the garlic smelly stench that it suppose to go along with it is a farse...I didn't experience any of that.
The localized carriers were pioneered by Avant Labs.

The benzyl alcohol component is extremely efficient at transporting actives, and it speeds it through the dermal microvasculature more quickly than can be absorbed systemically, resulting in localized concentrations of the active. These are picked up and transported to nearby tissues, primarily.

living2die

living2die

Awards
dsade,
I am not sure that I am understanding your DMSO/benzyl alcohol PREG carrier clearly, please forgive me. Please describe in laymen's terms your procedure from start to finish.

Very Respektfully,
l2d

The localized carriers were pioneered by Avant Labs.

The benzyl alcohol component is extremely efficient at transporting actives, and it speeds it through the dermal microvasculature more quickly than can be absorbed systemically, resulting in localized concentrations of the active. These are picked up and transported to nearby tissues, primarily.

living2die

living2die

Awards
Has anyone covered the application site with a saran wrap in an attempt to maintain the PREG in a single site? i have tried this method today, and it seemed like after covering the application site with saran wrap, the saran wrap somehow managed to pull the preg out of the dmso and prevented full absorption. any comments ? i have heard of people who have used the saran wrap method along with dmso in order to apply finaplix pellets.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what was in your carrier? How do you know it pulled the preg out, and you did not get full absorption?

Organic solvents, carbonyls especially, have a tendency to disolve into plastics. There is a good chance it diffused into the plastic wrap.

Covering the area in plastic wrap also causes you to sweat, causing an outward flow of fluid.

I really wouldn't recommend wrapping an application site with plastic wrap, unless you are using an anabolic steroid in your carrier, and are planning to be in contact with women or children.

living2die

living2die

Awards
blast! everytime i think i might have a good idea, it turns out to be completely retarded in retrospect.

i reasoned that the PREG wasnt being topically absorbed in the right direction after looking through the transluscent clear saran wrap covering, and realizing that there was a lot of just raw white PREG remnants simply coagulated on the top of the skin layer where the dmso was applied.

it might take a week or two to completely fine tune my protocol. but IMO, i mistakingly applied isopropyl alcohol to the site prior to adding the layer of dmso, and then the preg, and got MAJOR irritiation. the skin turned bright red, and i think that the skin became so inflamed that many cells actually died. a week after, the redness disappeared and i was left with a brown, splotchy discoloration, almost like what you might find a week after getting a slight sunburn. the skin that was effected just flaked off.

thanks thesinner in pointing out this caveat to my dmso topical design. i dont have kids, so i guess i will just have to get my butt out of bed a bit earlier on in the morning to allow for the solvent dmso and preg combo to dry before going out to the grind.

what was in your carrier? How do you know it pulled the preg out, and you did not get full absorption?

Organic solvents, carbonyls especially, have a tendency to disolve into plastics. There is a good chance it diffused into the plastic wrap.

Covering the area in plastic wrap also causes you to sweat, causing an outward flow of fluid.

I really wouldn't recommend wrapping an application site with plastic wrap, unless you are using an anabolic steroid in your carrier, and are planning to be in contact with women or children.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why wouldn't you just mix the Iso alcohol, DMSO, and preg together...then apply?

living2die

living2die

Awards
well right now i only have dmso gel, not the liquid form. i like the gel a lot, and have never used the liquid so cannot comment. in regard to the iso alcohol, everytime i have used it i get a major inflammatory reaction at the application site. again, normally i rub the application site down with the iso, than apply dmso gel, than cover with a layer of PREG powder and massage in.

i think your method would work, even though i do only have the gel. ill give it a whirl sometime this week and report back.

respekt

Why wouldn't you just mix the Iso alcohol, DMSO, and preg together...then apply?

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
....why not mix the DMSO gel, IPA, and Preg together?

There's no reason to do it the way you are setting it up, and if you really want to go about it this way, apply the DMSO first, the the preg, and massage in with IPA.

living2die

living2die

Awards
thanks sinner for the help. do you think the IPA will evaporate prior towards being pushed into the skin by the DMSO or what? i have noticed that the IPA helps absorption greatly, but as i have mentioned before, irritates badly.

....why not mix the DMSO gel, IPA, and Preg together?

There's no reason to do it the way you are setting it up, and if you really want to go about it this way, apply the DMSO first, the the preg, and massage in with IPA.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think rubbing alcohol is the culprit behind any skin irritation you may be experiencing with this stack.