Check my math please!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
So I plan on running trione for 42 days at 130mg a day.

Just wanted to get a check on my math to make sure i didnt make any stupid mistakes in my calculations

So Penetrate is 8 oz (237 ml)
5.5g trione total mixed in
5.5 ml a day (130mg a day)
42 days

Is this right? Also i have a little trione/penetrate left over from my last run that im just gonna dump in so i will be taking a little over 130mg in actuality

Thanks

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
5500/237=23.2mg/ml
23.2*5.5=127.6ml per day
237/5.5=43 days

Yea man. Math is close enough!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Thanks man, just wanted a second pair of eyes to check it out!

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, just wanted a second pair of eyes to check it out!
How about a third set?

What is your target dosage?

Did you consider absorption losses?

If 130mg is you target dosage you would need to apply between 260-433mg per day, using 50% & 30% absorption rates respectively. (130mg/(estimated absorption rate%))

If 40-65mg per day is your target dosage then you are in the ballpark. (130mg*(absorption rate%))

Absorption rates vary based on carrier, concentration, molecular weight of active, skin moisture, application site...

I usually tend to be conservative in my estimations. With a low final concentration like your formula it should be pretty high but I would venture to guess not >50%.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
How about a third set?

What is your target dosage?

Did you consider absorption losses?

If 130mg is you target dosage you would need to apply between 260-433mg per day, using 50% & 30% absorption rates respectively. (130mg/(estimated absorption rate%))

If 40-65mg per day is your target dosage then you are in the ballpark. (130mg*(absorption rate%))

Absorption rates vary based on carrier, concentration, molecular weight of active, skin moisture, application site...

I usually tend to be conservative in my estimations. With a low final concentration like your formula it should be pretty high but I would venture to guess not >50%.
I actually upped it to 145mg a day now.

Also i was going for the equivalent to 600mg orally a day. I had read that transdermal was 4x more effective so 150mg=about 600mg orally. I have ran 150mg and it worked great!

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
I actually upped it to 145mg a day now.

Also i was going for the equivalent to 600mg orally a day. I had read that transdermal was 4x more effective so 150mg=about 600mg orally. I have ran 150mg and it worked great!
I'm not an expert but the standing rational with transdermal application is that there will be a significant loss of active during transport thru dermis. You may apply 145mg but only 30-50% of that will reach circulatory system. That is why transdermal works well for site specific analgesics and anti-inflammatories e.g ibuprofen

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not an expert but the standing rational with transdermal application is that there will be a significant loss of active during transport thru dermis. You may apply 145mg but only 30-50% of that will reach circulatory system. That is why transdermal works well for site specific analgesics and anti-inflammatories e.g ibuprofen
well im trying to get get the same as taking 500-600mg orally. Orally is about 10% i think and transdermal is about 40-50%?

Any more insight would be great.

Also where can you buy transdermal ibeprofen?! never heard of it but would love it!

jonny21

jonny21

Awards
  • Established
well im trying to get get the same as taking 500-600mg orally. Orally is about 10% i think and transdermal is about 40-50%?

Any more insight would be great.

Also where can you buy transdermal ibeprofen?! never heard of it but would love it!
Not sure if they are available OTC.

http://www.lcrx.com/sports_nsaid.html

I'm not too familiar with the active you're using but based on what you are saying, 500-600mg/day is the oral dose but only 50-60mg makes it systemically. Lets call it 55mg for mathematical ease ;-)

Using 55mg as the target dose and figuring between 30-50% absorption you would need to apply 110-183mg/day (example: 55/.3=183) I think 50% is hopeful but would figure on 30%.