Resveritol

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Been doing a little research on res. Turns out that it has a molecular weight of 228.25 and is readily dissolved in DMSO and ethenol and other organic solvents. This just sounds too perfect for a transdermal! With its poor oral bioavailibility, TD would seem to make a lot more sense.

Anyone have any input on what concentration to make? Or how would one tell if it was really working or not.

I have everything I need to try this. I'm thinking 6grams of Res dissolved in approx. 10ml DMSO then add penetrate to bring the final volume to 120ml. This would give 50mg/ml concentration. Could always take it to 100mg/ml.

Thoughts? Ideas??

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I'm thinking it might stain a bit, only drawback I can think of so far.

Apollyon

Awards
I don't know much about transdermals but I think Sustain Alpha by Primordial contains it. Here's a quote from Nutra's product description:

"Sustain Alpha utilizes a blend of 99% pure Resveratrol, 7,8 Benzoflavone, and a combination of lightweight volatile oils to create a synergistic surge in LH & FSH for increased Testosterone production."

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man good info. I did find some 99% res, but wow its expensive. This was pharm grade though.

weakestlink

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man good info. I did find some 99% res, but wow its expensive. This was pharm grade though.
Trez at nutra is 40 bucks. IDK if it contains any fillers but it should be fine. I do not see a problem with 50% trans res just because Transdermally it is more bioavaliable (I would think).

Another thing, wold penetrate work? I do not remember what type of carrier it is. I have only made 1 homemade transdermal and it was for acne and it was very successful.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Penetrate should work fine. I am going to dissolve it in DMSO first though then add that to the penetrate. Still looking for a good price on the 99% stuff before I give up and use the 50% res.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Bump
Did you ever end up making this Red?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Not yet. Couldn't find the pharmaceutical grade for a decent price, but I did pick up some 50% bulk that I'm going to try. I'm just not sure how to judge its effectiveness. If I take it orally, I assume through data that I have read that it is doing what resveritol does. How would I know if it is doing its thing transdermally?

johnyq

johnyq

Awards
  • Established
revgenetics has the 99%.

I'd like to make my own pure resv TD, but I have just been using sustain.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've got 12g of 98% res I kept planning to do this with, but keep forgetting :)

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Stick with the Sustain Alpha. :thumbsup:
How much Res. is absorbed when using 5 pmps of Sustain? As a comparison to oral ingestion. 5 pmps of Sustain would equal how many milligrams of oral Res.?

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Check this out on Wikipedia. (I couldn't post the link)

In particular:

"The most efficient way of administering resveratrol in humans appears to be buccal delivery, that is without swallowing, by direct absorption through the inside of the mouth. When one mg of resveratrol in 50 mL solution was retained in the mouth for one min before swallowing, 37 ng/ml of free resveratrol were measured in plasma two minutes later. This level of unchanged resveratrol in blood can only be achieved with 250 mg of resveratrol taken in a pill form.[25]"

"About 70% of the resveratrol dose given orally as a pill is absorbed; nevertheless, oral bioavailability of resveratrol is low because it is rapidly metabolized in intestines and liver into conjugated forms: glucuronate and sulfonate.[26] Only trace amounts (below 5 ng/mL) of unchanged resveratrol could be detected in the blood after 25 mg oral dose.[26] Even when a very large dose of resveratrol (2.5 and 5 g) was given as an uncoated pill, the concentration of resveratrol in blood failed to reach the level necessary for the systemic cancer prevention.[27] However, resveratrol given in a proprietary formulation SRT-501 (3 or 5 g), developed by Sirtris Pharmaceuticals, reached 5-8 times higher blood levels. These levels did approach the concentration necessary to exert the effects shown in animal models and in vitro experiments.[2]"

"According to Patrick Arnold, it also significantly increases natural testosterone production from being both a selective estrogen receptor modulator[71][72] and an aromatase inhibitor.[73][74]"

I am going to try a sublingual formula using 40% Distilled water, 30% 100 Proof Vodka, and 30% Propylene Glycol as a Penetration Enhancer. With this level of efficacy the Resveratrol would be quite affordable.

Peace

rob561

rob561

Awards
  • Established

In particular:

"The most efficient way of administering resveratrol in humans appears to be buccal delivery, that is without swallowing, by direct absorption through the inside of the mouth. When one mg of resveratrol in 50 mL solution was retained in the mouth for one min before swallowing, 37 ng/ml of free resveratrol were measured in plasma two minutes later. This level of unchanged resveratrol in blood can only be achieved with 250 mg of resveratrol taken in a pill form.[25]"

"About 70% of the resveratrol dose given orally as a pill is absorbed; nevertheless, oral bioavailability of resveratrol is low because it is rapidly metabolized in intestines and liver into conjugated forms: glucuronate and sulfonate.[26] Only trace amounts (below 5 ng/mL) of unchanged resveratrol could be detected in the blood after 25 mg oral dose.[26] Even when a very large dose of resveratrol (2.5 and 5 g) was given as an uncoated pill, the concentration of resveratrol in blood failed to reach the level necessary for the systemic cancer prevention.[27] However, resveratrol given in a proprietary formulation SRT-501 (3 or 5 g), developed by Sirtris Pharmaceuticals, reached 5-8 times higher blood levels. These levels did approach the concentration necessary to exert the effects shown in animal models and in vitro experiments.[2]"

"According to Patrick Arnold, it also significantly increases natural testosterone production from being both a selective estrogen receptor modulator[71][72] and an aromatase inhibitor.[73][74]"

I am going to try a sublingual formula using 40% Distilled water, 30% 100 Proof Vodka, and 30% Propylene Glycol as a Penetration Enhancer. With this level of efficacy the Resveratrol would be quite affordable.

Peace
sounds interesting. i might give this a try

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established

In particular:

Peace
Please keep us updated on this, including your subjective results ie: mood, energy level, any possible strength increase I think the best Resveratrol is 99% pure and Micronized with a 1.5 micron factor which allows better assimilation and absorbtion. What kind are you using?

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Please keep us updated on this, including your subjective results ie: mood, energy level, any possible strength increase I think the best Resveratrol is 99% pure and Micronized with a 1.5 micron factor which allows better assimilation and absorbtion. What kind are you using?
Thats exactly the one I was planning on using, but I wanted some feedback on it before I buy it. I want to know if its as good as it looks. Any info?

I'm probably gonna buy 25 grams. I'll let you know.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thats exactly the one I was planning on using, but I wanted some feedback on it before I buy it. I want to know if its as good as it looks. Any info?

I'm probably gonna buy 25 grams. I'll let you know.
Im using a 99% micronized (250 milligrams) oral now for over 6 wks (plus sustain) its combined with a liquid delivery vehicle and I think its the best way to go, besides Sustain as far as Resveratrol ingestion. I think when you use the best you get what you want. This buccal, sublingual, ingestion sounds interesting, but some what inconvenient with measuring powders, exacting solutions etc. What I have is already prepared and is considered to be the best absorbed product the company sells, only one a day is recommended. The company had discussed making a product that is buccal, sublingual but it would be cost prohibitive to customer and manufacturer.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Would there be a way of making it a buccal system without alcohol?

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Would there be a way of making it a buccal system without alcohol?
Sure. I'm assuming you mean the vodka and not the propylene glycol, which is an alcohol. I added ethyl alcohol to my formula because it was originally formulated for hCG and I needed a preservative. Plus, alcohol has penetration properties of its own. But, other than its solvent properties, which I'm not sure you'd need with Resveratrol, and as a preservative its not needed. You just may want to make up smaller batches so they stay fresh. The propylene glycol is the main penetration enhancer. This same formula without ethyl alcohol can also be used intranasally.

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Im using a 99% micronized (250 milligrams) oral now for over 6 wks (plus sustain) its combined with a liquid delivery vehicle and I think its the best way to go, besides Sustain as far as Resveratrol ingestion. I think when you use the best you get what you want. This buccal, sublingual, ingestion sounds interesting, but some what inconvenient with measuring powders, exacting solutions etc. What I have is already prepared and is considered to be the best absorbed product the company sells, only one a day is recommended. The company had discussed making a product that is buccal, sublingual but it would be cost prohibitive to customer and manufacturer.
How hard is it to meter out some powder and solution? Its only Resveratrol, so it doesn't have to be that "exacting". I know the product you are referring to, and it has good feedback. But, I like to experiment and get the absolute best possible. So, I don't like to settle for mass produced commercial products when I can make one much better for much cheaper.

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Sure. I'm assuming you mean the vodka and not the propylene glycol, which is an alcohol. I added ethyl alcohol to my formula because it was originally formulated for hCG and I needed a preservative. Plus, alcohol has penetration properties of its own. But, other than its solvent properties, which I'm not sure you'd need with Resveratrol, and as a preservative its not needed. You just may want to make up smaller batches so they stay fresh. The propylene glycol is the main penetration enhancer. This same formula without ethyl alcohol can also be used intranasally.
Thank you, I really appreciate the information.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
How hard is it to meter out some powder and solution? Its only Resveratrol, so it doesn't have to be that "exacting". I know the product you are referring to, and it has good feedback. But, I like to experiment and get the absolute best possible. So, I don't like to settle for mass produced commercial products when I can make one much better for much cheaper.
Hey, sounds like fun if you have the time, go for it and dont forget to share! Im really interested in your subjective experiences, particularly if you experiment intra-nasal.

centeroiler

centeroiler

Awards
Hey, sounds like fun if you have the time, go for it and dont forget to share! Im really interested in your subjective experiences, particularly if you experiment intra-nasal.
Yeah sure, sharing's what its all about. Well sharing info anyway, keep your hands off my Resveratrol! :laugh:

The Resveratrol you referenced is made by the same company I want to try. It looks pretty damn pure (98%) and it is micronized. What results have you noticed from it?

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Yeah sure, sharing's what its all about. Well sharing info anyway, keep your hands off my Resveratrol! :laugh:

The Resveratrol you referenced is made by the same company I want to try. It looks pretty damn pure (98%) and it is micronized. What results have you noticed from it?
Since I added it to my regimen; Increased stamina, better sleep quality, faster recovery after a 6 wk stacked cycle, better mood. But Im taking other supplements and I cant attribute it entirely to Res. I read about people using the buccal, sublingual administration on another board it was pretty much mixed reviews. The majority of people are using it in capsules