Workout critique

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
Is this a good workout in your opinion for strength and size? I found it in a book and it doesnt include rep/set advice. I was just going to switch it up from light weight/more reps and sets, to heavy not as many reps/sets every once in awhile. Any advice will be appreciated.

mon.-legs,butt,thighs,chest,triceps, and abs.
Squat,hack squat, leg curl on machine, leg extension on machine, toe ups, lunge, incline, dumbell fly, french curl, rowing crunch w/ ankle weights, and oblique trunk rotation w/ weight plate.

Tues.-back, shoulders, biceps, and forearms.
upright row, side delt. raise, shrug, front delt. raise, military press, dumbell swing, wide grip row, one arm db row, preacher curl, reverse curl, forearm curl, and rev. forearm curl.\

wed-active rec.

thurs-active rec.

fri- same as mon.
front squat, good morning, duck squat with db, leg curl on machine, lunge, seated heel raise, lat. lunge w/ bb, flat bench, db fly,db kickback,leg raise w/ankle weight, and trunk rotation.

Sat-same as tues
db raise, lying side delt. raise,shrug, military, wide grip row,good morning, toe touch with db, one arm db row, reg. db curl, wrist raise, rev. wrist raise.

Again any advice or an alt. workout will be appreciated. The book also has a second version of this workout for a change up of routine. Thanks!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
sounds vaguely like DC based on body parts worked, but there are too many exercises. size is 8-12 reps, strength is 4-6. i'd do a week of size 10ish, and then a week of strength 5ish. 4 sets. its a little weird, so i'm not sure what to make of the workout as a whole - very unorthodox.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
sounds vaguely like DC based on body parts worked, but there are too many exercises. size is 8-12 reps, strength is 4-6. i'd do a week of size 10ish, and then a week of strength 5ish. 4 sets. its a little weird, so i'm not sure what to make of the workout as a whole - very unorthodox.
Thats what i was planning on doing as far as reps and yeah thats why i asked on here. I think i may try it for a little while. Basically im in high school and ive been lifting for about 4 years. Im pretty strong and ive got to stay that way for spring powerlifting after football but i also want to get "bigger". Im just trying to find a workout that will help me do both.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'd sub pull ups to your back day and take off a back workout, and i don't see a tricep workout for that day - i'd add either close grip bench or dips (keep your body almost linear or you'll work out your chest). also preacher curls aren't the greatest for mass - sub in barbell curls. barbell bench is also better for mass than the dumbell flyes. thats all i got.

oh, wait, there's more. you're in High School? dude - you're in a perfect place to get your body working for you. you're already pushing the highest testosterone amount you'll have in your life. did you know that your body releases 8% more testosterone than baseline when doing barbell bench? there's two exercises better - deadlifts at 15% more test, and squats at 20% more. use this to your advantage, don't injure yourself (wear a belt) but train hard and heavy and make sure you are doing these on appropriate days. also, its a proven fact that working out your legs (specifically doing squats) adds 20% to your upper body mass. remember this, and you'll get really far really fast. not fair. if i knew this at your age, i'd be a beast.

i did write a vague article about gaining mass - not entirely up your alley, but take whatever information you need out of it -
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html

last thing - stay away from prohormones and any supplement with "methyl" in the ingredients - they will PERMANENTLY lower your testosterone rate at your age. so many people take them in HS and don't realize that if you sub a steroid into your system that your body's testosterone production will decrease, and it can be permanent if your body is still growing.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
i'd sub pull ups to your back day and take off a back workout, and i don't see a tricep workout for that day - i'd add either close grip bench or dips (keep your body almost linear or you'll work out your chest). also preacher curls aren't the greatest for mass - sub in barbell curls. barbell bench is also better for mass than the dumbell flyes. thats all i got.

oh, wait, there's more. you're in High School? dude - you're in a perfect place to get your body working for you. you're already pushing the highest testosterone amount you'll have in your life. did you know that your body releases 8% more testosterone than baseline when doing barbell bench? there's two exercises better - deadlifts at 15% more test, and squats at 20% more. use this to your advantage, don't injure yourself (wear a belt) but train hard and heavy and make sure you are doing these on appropriate days. also, its a proven fact that working out your legs (specifically doing squats) adds 20% to your upper body mass. remember this, and you'll get really far really fast. not fair. if i knew this at your age, i'd be a beast.

i did write a vague article about gaining mass - not entirely up your alley, but take whatever information you need out of it -
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/training-forum/99607-gaining-mass-nutshell.html

last thing - stay away from prohormones and any supplement with "methyl" in the ingredients - they will PERMANENTLY lower your testosterone rate at your age. so many people take them in HS and don't realize that if you sub a steroid into your system that your body's testosterone production will decrease, and it can be permanent if your body is still growing.
Thanks bro and dont worry about the ph/ds's im stayin away.lol:thumbsup:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
just gotta put the word out - its circulating in high schools now because they're not illegal, so they have to be safe... just making sure you don't get into that mess at your age.

pantherdude63

pantherdude63

Awards
  • Established
just gotta put the word out - its circulating in high schools now because they're not illegal, so they have to be safe... just making sure you don't get into that mess at your age.
I know bro. Ive already had a 16 year old friend do tren. ace. with no pct (seriously...no joke) and ive got a 17 year old friend on epi and wanting to do a cycle of var. I dont know what the deal is...