What's going on?

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
I don't know what's going on with my hang cleaning as of late. 2 weeks ago I did 185x3 near the end of my lift, with some fatigue already. The next week I lifted 185 to my knees and couldn't pick it up once; I attributed it to not having warmed up before I tried it. This week, after 3g beta alanine, Stoked, and Anabolic Pump, none of which I was introduced to in the previous two weeks, I still can't pick it up once, even after having warmed up. The only reason I can think of why I can't do it is because I'm burnt out or something (since football has picked up a lot recently with camps and 7-on-7's), so I'm thinking of buying some Reset AD and putting my 3 free packets of Lean Dreams to use. Can anyone think of any other reasons this is happening/any solutions to it?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
overtraining or poor diet. i did something similar from poor diet. i did 225 incline bench sets (3 sets), then the next week, i did one set, then couldn't get the damn thing off the rack. i know diet played a huge role (since my diet went to crap before that). overtraining can do it too though.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
My diet has been spot on. As I noted before, I'm using AP to combat carb intake, which is why they've heightened as of late, but any given day you will not see me throwing down less than 250g protein and more than 40g fat. It's got to be overtraining, or being burnt out, I think.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
By the way, how did you fix the incline problem? Less carbs/fat, more carbs/fat/protein?

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
You might be over thinking the movement. I do this all the time with Power cleans, I psych myself out and can't hit any weight, for example I can usually hit 225 for 3 but can only get 235+ once in a blue moon. When you did it at the end of your workout you were most likely mentally fatigued a little bit so you instinctually completed the movement. Try switching the movement to something similar like high pulls or snatches for a couple weeks and really practice good form, then when you are ready to clean again go in and work your way up to your desired weight with sets of 1 or 2. Another I like to do I some pulls to shrugs with a much heavier weight just to prime my CNS.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
My diet has been spot on. As I noted before, I'm using AP to combat carb intake, which is why they've heightened as of late, but any given day you will not see me throwing down less than 250g protein and more than 40g fat. It's got to be overtraining, or being burnt out, I think.
Why so little fat? even at a 40/40/20 split you should be about 56g of fat based off of your protein intake.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
with me, whenever i hit a snag, i take a week off to let my muscles recover - also gives me time to think about my routine, and patch up my diet, supps, etc.

MrBrightside

MrBrightside

Awards
  • Established
Why so little fat? even at a 40/40/20 split you should be about 56g of fat based off of your protein intake.
I can notice a definite change in definition even when bumping up fats 10g or so. Right now my vascularity is crazy just sitting here typing, and I'm happy about the visibility of my abs while not flexing. Kicking up fats tends to make my abs visible only in flattering lights, so that's why I keep them so low. Plus, when I eat fats, they make me feel like I'm not being strict enough on my diet and I tend to come down harder on myself.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Just remember fats are the basis for Testosterone, and when used correctly will greatly enhance performance, health, appearance and overall well-being. Try separating your fats and carbs (carbs early and around exercise, fats at night) and see if you still feel the same about them. Also since you are playing football, a diet low in fats is going to kill your joints eventually.