Votes: 30 10.3%

Votes: 19 6.5%

Votes: 134 45.9%

• Total voters
Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
I wore a beater to the gym tonight and felt like a TOTAL DOUCHE, but it is nice to be able to see your muscles working.

How gay are the bodybuilding tanks? I have a feeling one would have to be a total monster to wear one and not be a tool. Thoughts?

0= not gay
10= super gay

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Its no more gay then shaving yourself, tanning, sticking a needle in your a$$, donkey calf raises Arnold style, 300 pound men covered in baby powder putting a super tight polyester shirt on one another, constant discussion about what PCT will make your boys hang lowest, standing on a giant stage in a pair of briefs posing in front of thousands of other men who are going to gossip if your bloated, etc.

Now if you said how gay is somewhere wearing the y tank standing on a Bosu ball to do cheat curls in a squat rack that would be a whole different story.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
PM's got a point. It would be gay to wear no shirt at all - unless you were a chick

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
that was a good way of putting it pmiller. The whole bodybuilding lifestyle can be called gay if you look at it that way. We judge other dudes is that gay? yeah, if you are gay.

what type tank tops are you refering to? I dont think working out in a beater is gay or any tank top for that matter unless you are wearing one of those really thin strapped with huge holes for your arms to go thru and the back straps are joined as one you know which ones im talking about? well its dumb to wear those unless you have alot of muscle to show.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I prefer to wear a t-shirt.

Any guys wearing less than are look tasteless.

If you are out of shape, that's pretty self-explanatory.

If you are in very good shape, then everyone thinks you are a c0cky bastard.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
its hot in hawaii and even in the gym so its not a big deal. ill use sleeveless shirts on arm days just to see it better while i workout. And if im full of juice and just looking freaky ill throw on a beater but not during peak hours. I do it for myself, not to show off.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
End of the day, I don't pay anyone notice in the gym, and don't give a sh1t what they think. Lifting is my own private space.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Most gyms it is inevitable that if you look better than other people there, they are going to hate on you.

If it isn't busy then that's ok, but I'd rather not have any negative stigma while i'm trying to workout. I find it distracting, IMO.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
To be honest, what's really lame is those 'Tapout' t-shirts.

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
I personally always work out in a hoodie but I think it depends a lot on the person wearing it as well. There are some old dudes at my gym that still compete and they were the y tanks with the otomax giant pants and one of them still has a fanny pack, but that was the style when they were in their prime. Now on the other hand if someone walks in wearing anything including the tank and just makes love to themselves in the mirror while lifting thats a whole different story.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I personally always work out in a hoodie but I think it depends a lot on the person wearing it as well. There are some old dudes at my gym that still compete and they were the y tanks with the otomax giant pants and one of them still has a fanny pack, but that was the style when they were in their prime. Now on the other hand if someone walks in wearing anything including the tank and just makes love to themselves in the mirror while lifting thats a whole different story.
:clap2:Reps PM - it's what you do when you're in the gym that counts

Usf97j4x4

Usf97j4x4

CEL Rep (Z's lacky)
Awards
  • Established
I used to train at this one gym and this guy always wore this y top singlet w/one of his pecs completely exposed and he had that nipple pierced. He would f**k himself in the mirror the entire time he was there. Everytime he'd do a pull up he'd actually nod to himself in the mirror at the top.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
:icon_lol:

I'm pretty sure this thread's going to turn into amusing stories of d1ckhead's antics in the gym!

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I used to train at this one gym and this guy always wore this y top singlet w/one of his pecs completely exposed and he had that nipple pierced. He would f**k himself in the mirror the entire time he was there. Everytime he'd do a pull up he'd actually nod to himself in the mirror at the top.

nice. :clap2:

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I prefer to wear a t-shirt.

Any guys wearing less than are look tasteless.

If you are out of shape, that's pretty self-explanatory.

If you are in very good shape, then everyone thinks you are a c0cky bastard.

Eh whatever... I wear a beater everyday to box and lift... If people want to hate - that's their own damn problem.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
As long as they don't have short shorts on I can care less wtf someone else is wearing at the gym. However, despite that fact I feel like a tool bag (even though I don't think of others like that) if I wear a beater. I will wear sleeveless though and not feel that bad (escpecially in the summer because its hot as hell).

Super Gay because of Short Shorts:

Super Awesome:

Super Sweet for obvious reasons:
<-----Girl in Avi

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Eh whatever... I wear a beater everyday to box and lift... If people want to hate - that's their own damn problem.
Bingo. I could give a fvck less if others are looking at me while training. I'm not doing it for them, I'm doing it for myself. Living in fear of others perceptions is a cowardly act, IMO.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
a lot of those jersey guidos have a decent amount of hair left for being juicers.

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
A bit like this?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rYcfO_BK5w"]YouTube - SIR MASTER B LIVE AT U.P.D!![/ame]

Last edited:
OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
a lot of those jersey guidos have a decent amount of hair left for being juicers.
They have have grown a resistance to hairloss over the years of absurd steroid use. Despite prolific attempts of scientists to find the cause, none have been found. However massive stretch marks remain problematic (aka Joey from real world).

Guidos: spontaneously "dancing" since 1995.

Sorry for the highjack original OP :)

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Tank or no tank? Hey I built this $hi!t and I'll show this $h!t!

jakellpet

jakellpet

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was just looking at this guido site for like 30 minutes... Then I was trying to figure out how I got sent there.

I'll never get those 30 minutes back.
Yeah me too - I never thought people like that existed outside the theatre.

Ive just put New Jersey on my list of places to avoid like the plague

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Grow it and show it!

First off I have to say I wear beaters, and low hanging tanks and anything else I can to see the results of my lifting. Looking in the mirror at the muscle I am working helps me with my mind muscle connection. I grow it I show it. Simple as that. I don't do it for others to look at me, and don't really care because I am all business in the gym. I am also in this partially for vanity sake. Otherwise I would choose to be a power lifter.

The douches are the idiots, t-shirts, tank tops or otherwise that don't wipe the equipment after they use it. Makes me want to wring my sweaty towel out over there head while they bench! :nutkick::saw::wtf:

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
I was just looking at this guido site for like 30 minutes... Then I was trying to figure out how I got sent there.

I'll never get those 30 minutes back.
if you mastered the 'fist pump' in those 30 mintutes.....it wasn't a complete waste.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
exactly my thoughts on it if im wearing a beater. I really dont give a sh1t im there to do my thing if im that important to you then by all means keep paying me attention but im not paying you any im there to train.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
First off I have to say I wear beaters, and low hanging tanks and anything else I can to see the results of my lifting. Looking in the mirror at the muscle I am working helps me with my mind muscle connection. I grow it I show it. Simple as that. I don't do it for others to look at me, and don't really care because I am all business in the gym. I am also in this partially for vanity sake. Otherwise I would choose to be a power lifter.

The douches are the idiots, t-shirts, tank tops or otherwise that don't wipe the equipment after they use it. Makes me want to wring my sweaty towel out over there head while they bench! :nutkick::saw::wtf:
:clap2::goodpost:

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
300 pound men covered in baby powder putting a super tight polyester shirt on one another
standing on a giant stage in a pair of briefs posing in front of thousands of other men who are going to gossip if your bloated, etc.

\
lol

Hank Vangut

Hank Vangut

Awards
  • Established
the tanktop is -
gay if you're gay
not gay if your not gay

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established

Damn straight.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I wear a sleeveless or tank top to the gym all the time except for the rare occasions when I'm behind on laundry and have to wear a t-shirt. Quite a lot do where I lift. In fact, I find it's really only the people who aren't in shape that wear t-shirts. 100% hetro here...

No guys have hit on me yet at the gym.
Then again, girls haven't yet either...lol

I find it a bit odd when people wear blue jeans to the gym or work out in a polo shirt, but I'm there to work out and not get my rocks off on watching other people. I think worrying about what other guys are wearing is more along the lines of "gay".

I like to see my muscles work when I work out, simple as that. I usually wear track pants, but if I'm doing legs (and not doing deadlifts that day), I'll often wear shorts that day too so I can see.

Heck, I wear headphones the whole time (anti-social?) and a fanny-pack to hold my wallet and mp3 player (too many locker thefts). I think a fanny pack is much "gayer" than a tank top, but it serves a purpose for me in the gym, so I can care less what others think of it, lol.

Ever watch those MMA fighters? Most fight topless, often wear tight, tight spandex shorts, and then hug/mount each other. Out of context - that's gay to the extreme, yet truthfully those guys are the furthest things from it (much respect to the MMA guys).
(Although I really wish those "Condom.com" sponsers would find a better location to advertise their company that right on the guy's butt. :\ LoL)

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wear a sleeveless or tank top to the gym all the time except for the rare occasions when I'm behind on laundry and have to wear a t-shirt. Quite a lot do where I lift. In fact, I find it's really only the people who aren't in shape that wear t-shirts. 100% hetro here...

No guys have hit on me yet at the gym.
Then again, girls haven't yet either...lol

I find it a bit odd when people wear blue jeans to the gym or work out in a polo shirt, but I'm there to work out and not get my rocks off on watching other people. I think worrying about what other guys are wearing is more along the lines of "gay".

I like to see my muscles work when I work out, simple as that. I usually wear track pants, but if I'm doing legs (and not doing deadlifts that day), I'll often wear shorts that day too so I can see.

Heck, I wear headphones the whole time (anti-social?) and a fanny-pack to hold my wallet and mp3 player (too many locker thefts). I think a fanny pack is much "gayer" than a tank top, but it serves a purpose for me in the gym, so I can care less what others think of it, lol.

Ever watch those MMA fighters? Most fight topless, often wear tight, tight spandex shorts, and then hug/mount each other. Out of context - that's gay to the extreme, yet truthfully those guys are the furthest things from it (much respect to the MMA guys).
(Although I really wish those "Condom.com" sponsers would find a better location to advertise their company that right on the guy's butt. :\ LoL)
The Vale Tudo shorts are usually the most comfortable and least restrictive fight attire. I am a big fan of them, but a good pair is hard to find unless you want to wear a Tapout pair and I refuse to support their business.

Rugger

Rugger

Awards
  • Established
fear of perceptions? Not quite. I like getting laid, that's all.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I feel like you're a bit too concerned about what you're wearing at the gym... I think a beater is fine, its not crazy small. I like them because the cotton ribbing is comfortable, doesn't get caught on anything, I can spar in them, they last forever, don't shrink or stain, and it keeps me cool...

If your top is preventing you from getting laid, perhaps you're barking up the wrong tree man.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
what does wearing a tank top have anything to do with getting laid!??????? :wtf:

Sunder i hear you on the MMA ads on a guys shorts, right on the butt too...........CONDOMDEPOT.COM. hhaha i hope they get paid alot to wear those shorts cuz i would never do that. Wearing the add on the front of the shorts is still stupid but alot different from putting it on the back.

shaddow

shaddow

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't be comfortable in a string shirt or a wife beater, but to each their own. Personally I'll usually wear sleeveless/cut off shirts cuz I sweat like a pig with a thyroid condition on clen in a sauna. T-shirts are usually too much for me -- between the sweat, and my sore, tired immobility, it's too hard to get them off after chest or back days!

sw bill

Awards

Exactly!!!!! :thumbsup:

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most guys that wear beaters and those super low cut offs to the gym are total arogant tools who think they're bad asses because they're 6'0" 160lbs and lean. Well no s h i t your 160lbs.

The other half that are wearing these shirts are constatly checking them selves out in the mirrors and taking up time on things I want to use. It pisses me off. A gym is a place to workout, if you want to admire yourself by wearing those clothes then do it in your house. Same goes for girls, dont dress like sluts at the gym and get pissed when guys are starring at you.

With that said I wear a tank top the the gym under my 2 shirts (XXL or XL). If for some reason Im sweating to the point I need to take them off I will in between sets and sit there to cool down (between incline and flat bench for example)

Then I turn the sweatiest shirt inside out and get back to my buisness. Im not there to show of or anything. I just think it's stupid. I've talked to very few guys that are decent guys who aren't total douches that wear these tank tops/beater/cut-offs and it also may only be in my area but whatever.

So no it's not "gay" it's a sign of being a douche bag most of the time.

EDIT: I'm not saying all the guys that posted they wear them are douche bags, Most the guys on here are cool guys from what I know. Like I said there are exceptions to the rule.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
I wont even bother arguing with the above... because you are right to an extent... A lot of the beater-wearers are tools because they do it for the wrong reasons. I do however appreciate your exceptions clause.

Simply put, I've been wearing them since I started fighting and training, and I don't feel comfortable in anything else... Same reason I wear huge mesh shorts and ankle socks... that's just how I get down.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wont even bother arguing with the above... because you are right to an extent... A lot of the beater-wearers are tools because they do it for the wrong reasons. I do however appreciate your exceptions clause.

Simply put, I've been wearing them since I started fighting and training, and I don't feel comfortable in anything else... Same reason I wear huge mesh shorts and ankle socks... that's just how I get down.
I got you bro :thumbsup:

Example; just the other day there were these 3 kids working out together flexing in the mirror and then talking about how this "*****" as they referred to her as was looking over in there direction. Saying to one another "lets gang bang that *****" and "Shes prolly looking at me because im getting fvckin jack'd" He then say down and I see he had about 18" big thighs. These were all the 6'0" 160-180guys.

Are you fvcking kidding me?!?!? There are a good number at my gym so it really gets me one time I just want to blow up on them when i hear them talking like this.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Example; just the other day there were these 3 kids working out together flexing in the mirror and then talking about how this "*****" as they referred to her as was looking over in there direction. Saying to one another "lets gang bang that *****" and "Shes prolly looking at me because im getting fvckin jack'd" He then say down and I see he had about 18" big thighs. These were all the 6'0" 160-180guys.

Are you fvcking kidding me?!?!? There are a good number at my gym so it really gets me one time I just want to blow up on them when i hear them talking like this.
Yeah, but,in all fairness, this is a plague everywhere. I usually don't even look at people in the gym and I probably look goofy as hell because I do some quirky things before a set sometimes.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established

Also worth noting... I'm 6'1'' and 182 pounds... I think if I took a big enough dump and took my shoes off... I fit right in that basket... Minus the talking.

Distilled Water

Distilled Water

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also worth noting... I'm 6'1'' and 182 pounds... I think if I took a big enough dump and took my shoes off... I fit right in that basket... Minus the talking.
From the avi it looks like you do some type of MMA or boxing? I can respect that with weight classes and such, but as long as your not like the example it's all cool.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
From the avi it looks like you do some type of MMA or boxing? I can respect that with weight classes and such, but as long as your not like the example it's all cool.
Yeah, I fought between 135 and 155 forever... The last year has been my first foray anywhere above that weight. Doubt I'll ever go above 195.

It is frustrating to see the 160s to 180s that want to be big, but have no idea what they are doing. I could have beat them to 200 from 155 the way they work out.

hardknock

Awards
  • Established
... I am also in this partially for vanity sake. Otherwise I would choose to be a power lifter.

Aint that the truth ...

To add to that

People pay their own money to join a club also, so I have no place to tell them what they can wear as long as it's in the rule book....go for it.

EDIT: Just quite leaving the damn benches wet with sweat...that sh@t is lame and disgusting.